• 2nd

Yes

votes
    39.3%

• 61 votes
  • Ended 3 years ago
  • Final results
Impact
What is the best service to park domains? Is parking really worth it and pays off enough?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Here is my limited opinion as I have been investigating this very thing the last few days. If I park a name and say get $4 per click per day that would add up to $1460 per year. Whoohoo!! However, If I only get a click every fourth day that would be $365 per year. Whoohoo again!! If I only get one click per week that is $208 per year. Whoohoo a little!!

Now, if I am really lucky I may sell my $6000 name whilst it is parked and I may have to pay 15% commission to the parking company. This equates to $900 and I'd get $5,100. If I take the one click per week model and run with it I see that I'd have to have the name parked for at least 4 years to offset the potential loss to commission.

If I just leave them parked at Efty, yes, I'd be getting clicks with no PPC but if in the same scenario I sold the name for $6000 I'd get the full amount as there is no commission to pay.

Please chip in with any comments just in case I'm missing something obvious.

Decisions...decisions.

Regards,

Reddstagg

I would be ecstatic at 3 clicks of $4 per year. Where in 2021 can you do that?

•••
I would be ecstatic at 3 clicks of $4 per year. Where in 2021 can you do that?

bodis,smartname, sedo, Parking crew, skenzo.. there are tons of options, you just need the right traffic and now it's so rare and expansive to get domains with good traffic

•••
Parking is definitely worth it. If you don't know what you are doing, tons of money will be wasted. Research the domains that make you money and try to figure out what all the successful domains have in common. You don't have to spend thousands of dollars to find great parking domains. There are plenty of hidden gems sitting out there, you just gotta know how to spot them.

•••
There are folks who can make a lot of parking revenue by using specialized software and scanning thousands of domains looking for backlinks etc to estimate the parking potential.

For me, parking is just a 'nice' side effect of owning domains as I wait for them to sell.

Over the past almost 11 months I put together a portfolio of about 125 names (had about 10 to start) that earns $7-$10 per month. I did not analyze backlinks, I just regged names I thought sounded good....

Now, most of my names earn $0 and one of my names earns about 60% of the overall revenue but why not park? It's free money.

That's not a ton, obviously, but I park most names at Sedo and use Afternic for selling/distribution.

That's my two cents!

•••
Back