• 2nd

Yes

votes
    39.3%

• 61 votes
  • Ended 3 years ago
  • Final results
Impact
What is the best service to park domains? Is parking really worth it and pays off enough?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Here is my limited opinion as I have been .....

Regards,

Reddstagg
We should distinguish between domain topology : dictionary name, typo, backorder.
If you earn money from a parked dictionary name, I will not sell it.
If you earn money from a typo domain, good for you but it's not legal, so better to sell it.
If you earn money from a backordered domain, now you are earning money but this will not repeat in the future sooner or later, so better to sell it.
In any case a parked domain must be listed at least on one marketplace because you can receive a trusted offer in any time.

•••
Thanks for distinguishing the types names, @evil. But the following must not always be true?
If you earn money from a typo domain, good for you but it's not legal, so better to sell it.
For example, let's say people misspelled domains as domanes (just a silly example, not true I assume).If I owned domanes and it had parking links to various domain resources, companies, etc. surely that is not illegal? I agree 100% if I had a parked misspell of a famous trademark without generic meaning that is not legal.

I also don't understand how you earn money from a backordered domain name. Do you mean a name you still have, but it is past official expiry, or do I totally misunderstand it? Thanks for any explanation.

Bob

•••
Dear Bob,
you are right, typos related to dictionary words usually are legit. The point is that these domains are already taken. So it's more easy to find a typo for a new trending company/trademark.

Regarding backorder, I'm thinking about a domain bought on Dropcatch/Snapnames for example. It's still possible to earn money from parking assuming that you buy the domain at a limited price. Here you must have a valid method and try to avoid competition.
My success rate is around 1/10, so only one domain is good for parking among 10 acquired domains: bad if you look only on parking, not so bad if you are able to sell someone of the remaing 9 domains to cover costs.

•••
Hi

i picked up 'sofashack.com' in december at backorder cost
so far this month 10 visitors 4 clicks $1.94 revenue

some names that i've had for years are coming back pretty strong too
like:
englewood.org which earned $5.82 from 172 visitors last month
and so far this month, it has earned $4.58 from 39 visitors

imo...

Last edited:
•••
stable revenues from parking
Screenshot_20210208-132319_Firefox.jpg

•••
•••
I like clicks like this

GHMsBua.png

But it's once in few years like this lol. In $5 range i get clicks quite often.

I park only SEO domains, not "names".

•••
Don't really park domains but SEDO is the only website I have used to park a few domains. Although I haven't checked my earnings yet.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Nearly every question i see about parking the name in question has no earning capability. Have high search and high cpc great now you need another 100 names like it to make the mininum payout.

Last edited:
•••
....Voodoo gives a lot of useful info when parking with them and the money is as good as can be expected. My only issue with them lately is that service request times have gone from a day or two to a week or longer. Not sure what is happening there but I hope it is temporary.

....in terms of pure DNS Voodoo only has 70,000 domains remaining which is 1/10th or less of the other parking companies in terms of DNS volume. Of course DNS isn't the only way to point to Voodoo but its a good comparative tool. That may have necessitated a drop in support staff. I wonder if they are winding down given the ongoing drop in domains pointing to them?.....

Do you or anyone else know the situation at Voodoo.com? A reason I ask is I have a few important support tickets which have been open for a long time and my follow-ups are also not being responded to, which has me waiting for replies for as long as 10-days now!

However, in the past Voodoo and Donnie were always extremely good with support, often responding almost immediately, or always on that same day, or no later than the next day.

Last edited:
•••
Still no response to 5 support tickets from voodoo. The fact no one is replying to this on NP also indicates to me Voodoo.com is not used much by NP members and more or less reveals they are not as big as they were in the parking heyday time and compared to other parking firms now, as mentioned by @privatereg

Last edited:
•••
I still use Voodoo but for me parking has hit rock bottom I'm afraid. 8 days straight with $0 revenue, for example.

What you're saying is worrisome, no response to support tickets for example. Not a good sign.

•••
indicates to me Voodoo.com is not used much by NP members

Hi

that's a big "ass-umption" to make. :)
especially when a lot of np members don't even use ppc , as most are hooked on landers.

but i still use and have used voodoo, since inception.

right now, it's hard to get good CS during these remote situations, but i hope you get a resolution soon

imo...

•••
Value of the domain matters. If you have an idea of value, you'll know if parking is worth it

•••
Voodoo.com no longer responded to support tickets - since January 2021. Maybe someone from their top management should update here asap.

•••
Hi that's a big "ass-umption" to make. :)especially when a lot of np members don't even use ppc , as most are hooked on landers. but i still use and have used voodoo, since inception. right now, it's hard to get good CS during these remote situations, but i hope you get a resolution soon imo... .

Still waiting over 2-months for any response from Voodoo.com on several open support tickets.

P.S. I seriously doubt that total lack of support is due to working remotely.

Last edited:
•••
Still waiting over 2-months for any response from Voodoo.com on several open support tickets.

P.S. I seriously doubt that total lack of support is due to working remotely.

I sent Donny a message here back in late Feb about the customer support at Voodoo and he replied back. Seems Donny is/was having some health issues.

•••
Is parking non-dot-com domain names worth it or does this thread mainly apply to .com names only? Cheers.

•••
Is parking non-dot-com domain names worth it or does this thread mainly apply to .com names only? Cheers.

My names are 90% .com but I have several .tv and .org that get regular visits (and a little change from time to time).

I think it really boils down to the quality of the name/word before the dot in a lot of cases.

Last edited:
•••
to park with traffic monetization, traffic is important, tlds doesn't affect anything.

•••
•••
Good analyzation!

I'm genuinely concerned since I have not heard from him/them. With all things going on in the world today, I hope he/they are doing well.

Admittedly, I have fantasized about having their feed contract but my pockets are far too shallow to make a reasonable offer...but there are a couple entities here that could make the buy...I've wondered if that is what could be happening now?

Yea, what happening to Voodoo, my support tickets not getting any responses
Is VooDoo dying?
I used to love VooDoo $$$$ but maybe time to move to....others

•••
maybe time to move to....others

I've heard a bit of a sob story...not able to share it, but I fully intend to collect what is owed me.

Give Bodis and/or Parking Crew a try...at least they answer tickets and/or emails.

•••
Yea, what happening to Voodoo, my support tickets not getting any responses Is VooDoo dying? I used to love VooDoo $$$$ but maybe time to move to....others

IMO, Voodoo,com is in-effect out of business, Donny stopped replying to all support tickets starting early this year (I believe it was in January), which is very strange as they always offered excellent support for years.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back