IT.COM

question-answered Is NP now funded by spammers?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

branding

Private InvestorTop Member
Impact
Screenshot_20210929-015926.png

That's just sad.

Answer:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Money talk.
As long as it's not DIRECTLY illegal.

•••
Money talk.
As long as it's not DIRECTLY illegal.

Agreed. Money makes the world go round.

Seriously though, better get rid of the 'pro' tag when you endorse advertisers like this.

Makes me wonder if they ever actually checked out the shit (literally) they offer.

Guess there's a demand now for spamming people since somehow it's pretty easy to obtain 110K email addresses.

•••
Do you mean Namepros or me?
I never do outbound in my life and I had several posts telling people that outbound is spamming.
I don't support anything illegal like this or store my customer's credit card numbers in plain text.

Last edited:
•••
Do you mean Namepros or me?
I never do outbound in my life and I had several posts telling people that outbound is spamming.
I don't support anything illegal like this or store my customer's credit card in plain text.

Ment NP, not you. You're a decent guy . Wife keeping you in check n all ;)

•••
Yup. Money talks!

But beware dont criticize them.

NP is sensitive, they might take it as criticism.
I think it’s an interesting discussion; and just desire to discuss things without offending any.

Peace and love,
Samer

Last edited:
•••
Strongly disagree on your conclusion and equally dislike the way you've presented it.

Let's make a clear distinction:

Sending emails that are well written, focused, and highly relevant to potential buyers is a respected sales technique that just about every major broker and large portfolio holder does, including some of the major marketplaces.

There is a big difference between sending bulk email that is of no relevance to people versus informing a highly-relevant prospect about a business opportunity to which they'll most likely be interested.

For anyone who can't tell the difference, they shouldn't be sending emails to people they don't know.

Makes me wonder if they ever actually checked
Ads on NamePros are in the process of becoming entirely automated, similar to Google, Facebook, and every other major website out there that displays ads.

Please feel free to report ads that you feel are inappropriate by contacting us.

That will be especially important as they become more automated.

Thanks.

•••
Yup. Money talks!

But beware dont criticize them.

NP is sensitive, they might take it as criticism.
I think it’s an interesting discussion; and just desire to discuss things without offending any.

Peace and love,
Samer

I rather think of them of being straight forward and transparent about what they want and don't want on the forum. It doesn't always align with my own point of view but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Usually they're open to have a civil discussion about it which counts for something. I do agree there are some hard lines not be crossed though.

Strongly disagree on your conclusion and equally dislike the way you've presented it.

Fair enough. We're not going to agree here as I strongly dislike anything remotely connected with outbound emailing. It's accomodating spammers. This community is not for that. I think adds like this are highly inappropriate, this is something where our opinions don't align.

There is a big difference between sending bulk email that is of no relevance to people versus informing a highly-relevant prospect about a business opportunity to which they'll most likely be interested.

For anyone who can't tell the difference, they shouldn't be sending emails to people they don't know.

Agreed. However, like pointed out before, we (as in this forum, community) shouldn't be promoting it as there's little people who have the knowledge and know-how of how to send outbound emails in a legal way. Bar pros and people with experience it the field. So yeah, there should be stricter rules regarding this (imo) as basically it's promoting spam. We can sugarcoat it all we want but that doesn't change a thing.

imo.

Ads on NamePros are in the process of becoming entirely automated, similar to Google, Facebook, and every other major website out there that displays ads.

Please feel free to report ads that you feel are inappropriate by contacting us.

That will be especially important as they become more automated.

Cool. Good to know and thanks for taking the time to discuss.

•••
Back