IT.COM

discuss Is NFT a trend?

NameSilo
Watch

DuDD

Top Member
Impact
  • Hello ,evey domainers
  • NFT domain name transaction volume has increased recently, and its price also keeps rising
  • When did NFT become popular?
    • Did you take the chance?If not ,will you buy a NFT domain?
    • let`s talk about it ,thanks in advance(y)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Out of interest, any good place to look into if you would want to mint/sell architectural designs? I did a lot of conceptual design back in the day.

•••
Raises the question, what value does the NFT add?

Depends on the type of NFT - in the case of cryptoart, for offline art you get the physical piece + the certificate of authenticity.

So the NFT acts as the certificate of authenticity stored on the blockchain, with either a reference to the physical file or stored on-chain.

Different platforms have different levels of robustness in terms of what they store on-chain - e.g. Euler Beats stores the music and the graphics 100% on-chain (best, loss-proof), whereas iirc Nifty Gateway includes a link to the IPFS file, references centralised servers in some places (bad, not built to last)

Last edited:
•••
Ah, that's pretty cool. Raises the question, what value does the NFT add?

Now that's nifty! Aside from the piece being authenticated with ownership stored on blockchain, as a creator you can also opt to receive royalties from the work every time it is sold, displayed, etc...

As someone mentioned their preference is to buy art that you can actually hang above the fireplace, you can do that too with digital display frames, or as mentioned some also send you the original physical work too.

Last edited:
•••
As someone mentioned their preference is to buy art that you can actually hang above the fireplace, you can do that too with digital display frames

You can have a digital fireplace as well. Call me old fashioned, not the same experience ;)

•••
I have to learn/investigate more about the NFT+Tax+Crypto+Capitalization+Amortization+Gain+Loss+Trap-Free+Different-Countries-Law+etc

I guess, you should also ...

•••
•••
What you people think about pure 3 letter NFT with different extensions ?
Let say NFT.gb.net or these kind extensions but with pure NFT in it.
Any thought on it ?

•••
I like the "tech" name, but it's currently registered under 8 extensions. Eight. (Probably 800 after the typical crypto/blockchain bullshit and hype of this thread though.)

If it sold for $5k that would have made it the highest price for a NFT name since NFT.COM half a decade ago.

More recently NFT.INFO sold for $3k in January and NFTS.NET sold for $3.5k in February.

These names are not currently worth $50k+ or $1m or anything like the fantasy numbers some people are pulling out of thin air, and if they seriously believed what they were saying they'd be quietly snapping them up for a few thousand instead of telling the owners to not sell.

It's been widely reported that NFT.app sold for $50K a few weeks ago. NFTWallet.com appears to have sold for $700K in the last 2 weeks.

•••
It's been widely reported that NFT.app sold for $50K a few weeks ago. NFTWallet.com appears to have sold for $700K in the last 2 weeks.

Wow, do you have any relted info or articles you can share on this Wallet sale or post,? Where who ?

You all I know the plurals aren’t as stronge and better on the the end with some words.

I own the N/F/T/sWallet (com)

Last edited:
•••

Wow, do you have any relted info or articles you can share on this Wallet sale or post,? Where who ?

You all I know the plurals aren’t as stronge and better on the the end with some words.

I own the N/F/T/sWallet (com)

This may be a case of , the domain sold but this 700# is just the last reported seen BIN price and it may not have been sold for this figure until confirmed.

•••
That's not true. Nftwallet sold for high 5 figures

•••
That's not true. Nftwallet sold for high 5 figures

You know this how ?
Where do you get 5 figures from?
I’m just trying to figure out the real price ...the true facts is all, thanks in advance

This is where 700k came from ...

193CF4B3-D29D-453E-9192-FA0BA42AF9DC.jpeg

Last edited:
•••
You know this how ?
Where do you get 5 figures from?
I’m just trying to figure out the real price ...the true facts is all, thanks in advance

This is where 700k came from ...

Show attachment 185687
The fact that it was listed for 700k doesn't mean it sold for that price. I saw 78 0r 98k secretly shared somewhere. Am not sure the figure is up to 100k.

•••
The fact that it was listed for 700k doesn't mean it sold for that price..

Yes I already pointed this out. Trying to figure it out.

secretly shared? And not sure🤔

So you’re not sure it was a 5 figure sale.

•••
Last edited:
•••
What you people think about pure 3 letter NFT with different extensions ?
Let say NFT.gb.net or these kind extensions but with pure NFT in it.
Any thought on it ?
I'm waiting for people to put some light on this.
My question is how much this could be valued :---
Pure 3 L "NFT" but with non famous TLD ( .gb.net )
I am getting this for below $ 100. What you people think is it worth investing ? Do I go forward and buy it ?
Name is pure and 3 letter ( NFT ) but the TLD is non famous and unknown kind of ( .gb.net )
Do I able to flip it for $ 1000, if I buy it below $ 100 ?
Please reply

•••
It's a fad that will be ruined after the house sale news. IMO above comments are off topic.

•••
Yes I already pointed this out. Trying to figure it out.

secretly shared? And not sure🤔

So you’re not sure it was a 5 figure sale.

I heard it was around 20 btc but also heard it was non disclosed so everything is just a guess without any confirmation.

•••
I'm waiting for people to put some light on this.
My question is how much this could be valued :---
Pure 3 L "NFT" but with non famous TLD ( .gb.net )
I am getting this for below $ 100. What you people think is it worth investing ? Do I go forward and buy it ?
Name is pure and 3 letter ( NFT ) but the TLD is non famous and unknown kind of ( .gb.net )
Do I able to flip it for $ 1000, if I buy it below $ 100 ?
Please reply

Dont waste your money on weak extensions, this applies to all domain niches. Remember, the idea is to sell these names.

•••
Dont waste your money on weak extensions, this applies to all domain niches. Remember, the idea is to sell these names.
Okay, I let it go. I decided NOT to acquire it.
As I am out of it now, so I don't have problem to tell that from where I was trying to acquire it and where it is listed for sell.
NFT.gb.net is available on NameCheap marketplace as BuyNow for $99. If anyone think they can buy and can sell it they can do that.

•••
Can anyone explain pls what an nft is?

Is it a crypto?

How do you sell a tweet and why would anyone buy something for millions that can get taken down by Twitter if it goes bankrupt

•••
Okay, I let it go. I decided NOT to acquire it.
As I am out of it now, so I don't have problem to tell that from where I was trying to acquire it and where it is listed for sell.
NFT.gb.net is available on NameCheap marketplace as BuyNow for $99. If anyone think they can buy and can sell it they can do that.
Correction : available for $ 90 ( NOT $ 99 )

•••
•••
Can anyone explain pls what an nft is?

Is it a crypto?

How do you sell a tweet and why would anyone buy something for millions that can get taken down by Twitter if it goes bankrupt

Here is my understanding of what NFT is (I hope it’s the right one, please feel free for anyone who knows better to add to it if it’s not complete):

The definition is in the name itself,

NFT = Non Fungible Token

The Non Fungible part refers to anything that is unique and can not be replaced by another unit of the same thing like a unique painting, poem, Tweet, or even a domain name as opposed to things that are Fungible which means that they can be replaced by a unit of the same thing like a bitcoin which means that it doesn’t matter which bitcoin you use they are all the same and can be traded for one another.

So basically Non Fungible means unique and irreplaceable as opposed to Fungible which means replaceable and not being so unique.

Now we get to the Token part of it:

Which means you can create a digital certificate for your Non Fungible item by creating a Token for it which means adding it to the Ledger on the BlockChain.

In many cases it is this Token (certificate) itself that is being bought and sold as NFT, the actual item may or may not come with it.

Theoretically you can Tokenize any Non Fungible item or thing, but right now it seems that Art related items are the most popular.

Now as to why some NFTs are selling for millions of dollars that's the part that I am trying to figure out myself,

Some people say that NFT is going through a bubble and that later on even though the idea behind NFT might survive and flourish, but a lot of the value might evaporate for many of the things that are being bought and sold right now.

As with anything new there is an element of being able to take a chance (gamble) that things will end up as being projected.

IMO

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back