NameSilo

Is NameFind part of Godaddy/Afternic?

Labeled as question in General Domain Discussion started by Avtar629, Mar 22, 2019.

Replies:
Views:

1. Avtar629

Avtar629 MarketDN.com Gold Account VIP

Quick question.

Is Namefind part of Godaddy or Afternic or both? Their 1-877 number sounds just like the automated recording for Godaddy.

I have my reasons for asking. Thanks in advance.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. equity78

equity78 Top Member TLDInvestors.com TheDomains Staff PRO Gold Account VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Yes owned by GoDaddy

3. Avtar629

Avtar629 MarketDN.com Gold Account VIP

So that means if a domain is being sold by Namefind then it is Godaddy making the profit? and Afternic is part of godaddy too right?

4. E-Promote

E-Promote Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

I would say your on the right track :)

5. MS-Domains

MS-Domains Top Member VIP

Yup, NameFind is Godaddy's domainer son or daughter.

6. equity78

equity78 Top Member TLDInvestors.com TheDomains Staff PRO Gold Account VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

GoDaddy is the company that provides registrar services and a whole host of other services for small businesses. They also have the auction platform.

Afternic is an aftermarket site that was purchased by GoDaddy https://techcrunch.com/2013/09/19/godaddy-buys-afternic-to-beef-up-its-domain-registry-marketplace/

NameFind is their portfolio investment arm it was also acquired from NameMedia. when they bought Mike Berkens portfolio for $35 million and Marchex's portfolio, this was the division that handled those acquistions.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags: