IT.COM

Is MoneyGram a safe way to get paid?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello, since I refuse PayPal, a buyer offered me to pay about $550 with MoneyGram (http://www.moneygram.com/index.htm)

I never used.

Anything to worry about it?

Thanks!

I just refused another 2 offers because they wanted to use PayPal.

I`m sick of PayPal.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I've been using MoneyGram to send money overseas but never use it as a mean of payment. MoneyGram is as good as money transfer. The difference between MoneyGram and Western Union is that MoneyGram has lower fee.

If you accepted this source of payment it should only take a few to 10 minutes for the money to go through. So you should be able to cash in the payment if you have MoneyGram near your area.

I would suggest to cash in the payment first before you push the domain.

•••
xman said:
I've been using MoneyGram to send money overseas but never use it as a mean of payment. MoneyGram is as good as money transfer. The difference between MoneyGram and Western Union is that MoneyGram has lower fee.

If you accepted this source of payment it should only take a few to 10 minutes for the money to go through. So you should be able to cash in the payment if you have MoneyGram near your area.

I would suggest to cash in the payment first before you push the domain.

Thanks, buyer told me that MoneyBookers doe snot accept his credit card so he can`t pay with MB.

And then he told me that I get paid in my bank account but I don`t see this info on MoneyGram.......when I choose Australia as Country.

Why people don`t use MoneyBookers instead of PayPal :'(

•••
italiandragon said:
Thanks, buyer told me that MoneyBookers doe snot accept his credit card so he can`t pay with MB.

And then he told me that I get paid in my bank account but I don`t see this info on MoneyGram.......when I choose Australia as Country.

When I send money using MoneyGram it doesn't go to the recipients bank account. The money had to be pick up from MoneyGram location. MoneyGram normally ask for an ID before money can be disrburse.

"he told me that I get paid in my bank account"

I've never heard of this in MoneyGram

•••
xman said:
When I send money using MoneyGram it doesn't go to the recipients bank account. The money had to be pick up from MoneyGram location. MoneyGram normally ask for an ID before money can be disrburse.

"he told me that I get paid in my bank account"

I've never heard of this in MoneyGram

Thanks, repped!

•••
I know here in america there is a moneygram in just about every walmart.

•••
I have used Moneygram in the past and I have never had any problems with it.

•••
its like western union they will assign a pass phrase for you and you have to pick it up personally from the assigned location usually near your place.

you can use the agent locator btw
http://www.moneygram.com/eFindUs/findUs.do?countryCode=US&languageCode=en

italiandragon said:

•••
They say never to do a transaction via Western Union and seeing as MoneyGram operates on the same principle, I'd be equally as cautious..

•••
actually western union and moneygram are beneficial for sellers not buyers
it's final money.

but the punishment due to rates are for the buyers.
maybe the buyer is really desperate that's why he wanted to send you "sure money" on your behalf.

both btw are not designed to pay for something but it's for sending money to relatives.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back