IT.COM

.com Is it worth to buy 5 letter .com domain today?

NameSilo
Watch

toworkwith

Established Member
Impact
Hello,

I am in very destabilize situation because i can not find the perfect opinion to buy a 5 letter .com domain in thousands of dollars. It would be great if anyone of you help me in making my decision.

Thank you in advance.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Not only 5L letters even 6/7 /8/9/10L or more also worth buying if it represents something.

•••
Hi

no one can tell you what to buy or how much to pay for it, when they don't know what the actual domain is

to advise buying any random 5 letter c.om would be foolish

imo...

•••
Thank you for you advice MadMax and Biggie.

MadMax, what do you mean by "represents something"?

Biggie, the domain in am interesting to by is "cludx.com" and what is your advise now?

•••

Biggie, the domain in am interesting to by is "cludx.com" and what is your advise now?

I thought you were talking about a dictionary word or something, this domain isn't worth that much imo.

•••

It is a running web hosting company as far as I can see?

•••
Thanks for your advice DB Perfect but what do you suggest for its alternative? I want something related to Cloud and Development so which available domain name you suggest or even available to buy?

•••
You are right "wwwulff" but i got the offer to buy it as i am interesting to start the business which offers Cloud Base Applications (SaaS). Do you think its a good domain name? Or what is your suggestion?

•••
•••
You can save thousands and stabilize the situation by hand regging an available name such as:
CloudBaseApplications.com
CloudBaseApps.com
Cludw.com
etc.

•••
Not only 5L letters even 6/7 /8/9/10L or more, also worth buying if it represents something.

Amazon 6L Insurance 9L etc.

•••
•••
You can save thousands and stabilize the situation by hand regging an available name such as:
CloudBaseApplications.com
CloudBaseApps.com
Cludw.com
etc.
That great suggestion and for my surprise, all are available.

The reason for cludx or cludw (which seems a good name) that i want to stick with least letters. What do domain do you suggest within 5 letters for Cloud Developers? Also it is easy to pronounce and easy to remember.

•••
Not only 5L letters even 6/7 /8/9/10L or more, also worth buying if it represents something.

Amazon 6L Insurance 9L etc.
I got your point so what do you suggest for cludx.com? Do you think it is a great business name? Primary objective to remain closest to Cloud Developers (Cloud Base Application/Services) but again request that it must be 5L maximum and no limit for minimum?

•••
•••
Biggie, wwwulf and Ecalc,

You guys seem very much experienced and helpful. It would be great if you suggest me the price for cludx.com as my business consultant is forcing my for this domain. He said it has very high potential to become as brand and only 5 letters and easy to remember and so much. I am also agree with my business consultant but not agree with the price he is offering to buy this domain.

So it is requested to all of you to suggest me the price for this domain so i can make my decision.

Thank you in advance.

•••
•••
What does the owner want for cludx?
Not sure but my consultant said he can make this deal in less then $20000. This price is making me confuse and that's why i am here for suggestions.

If you have good names for sell, feel free to suggest and tell me the price.

•••
cludx.com is taken by another company. I think they will not sell their domain at this time.

•••
It would be great if you suggest me the price for cludx.com as my business consultant is forcing my for this domain.
I suggest $3 maximum because that's the time value of its remaining registration and also because names of equal quality (cludw.com, cludv.com, etc.) can be hand regged for $5.99. I also recommend a letter sequence other than c-l-u-d and a new business consultant. Good luck!

•••
@ecalc you're right, there are many domains out there can be hand reg but "cloud" brand name (namebio.com) cost a lot of money, but for "clud", it's absolutely lower than 20k$

•••
my consultant said he can make this deal in less then $20000

In my eyes cludx is a reg fee or max low $xx name and I would find a better name and fire your consultant (either he is totally incompetent or he knows the owner of the name)

•••
So 2 most experienced persons "Ecalc and Wwwulff" made very sold argument and I am not going to follow my consultant and believe that it does not worth to buy this domain in 20K.

Wwwulff, i can not replace my business consultant at this time because he is also doing some legal work for my new startup. Anyhow.

What domain names you both suggest? I have no doubt that domain suggested by Ecalc are awesome.

•••
I would find another name, cludx.com is just not a good name for a cloud services/hosting company.

Find something that represents the cloud industry and is obvious to anyone looking at it what it means. Don't buy a typo of Cloud (Clud)

I sent you a PM anyway.

•••
No, sry.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back