IT.COM

advice Is it worth putting up a free website using a domain you want to sell ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Robert27

Established Member
Impact
Free website as used on Wix for example. Putting some basic content on it but still have the domain for sale. Would that help sell it perhaps ?
From what I now understand as a novice everyone buys dropped domains that have backlinks etc so is it worth doing a free website?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Landing page indicating that the domain is for sale will help (to sell the domain). A developed website, wix or no, may help to monetize typein traffic or traffic from backlinks, as well as domain parking or domain forwarding to affiliate links. Selling domain+website is not uncommon, but, generally speaking, outside traditional domaining niche (one can develop a profitable website under not so good domain, why not?). Imo.

•••
If you have a time, it is good. I had sold some Indonesian Language .online domains to Indonesian small users for about 100$ each. I used website with keywords specific in the domain and put it in local ads and social media. Not long someone reached me by phone to buy the domains. But not tried using .com or other extension. Only .online, because website will help index in Google. I sold Galeri.online (galery), Ojek.online (uber in Indonesian Language), Pulsa.Online (cellular data), and a view others by using this method.

•••
Thank you to TonyK and Surya for the replies. I will investigate a bit more I think.

•••
Previous website, traffic and backlinks will increase value of your domain.

There are many domains that sell for 4 and 5 figures that had no value other than previous website.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back