IT.COM

Is it worth keeping domains at GoDaddy for the free email credit?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi all

I have a bunch of domains since 2012 that came with a free email credit.

Renewals are much higher at godaddy but I'm not sure whether I should keep the domain here for the free email with domain.

I haven't researched other email plans so would love your thoughts

Right now I have around 20 free [email protected] email addresses which are free with the respective domain

Also is the domain discount club worth it ?

Also what other benefits are there of keeping the domain at Godaddy Vs Uniregistry which I like.

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Don't all registrars offer free email addresses? I've never used one because most hosting plans come with a load of addresses.

The other alternative is to send the mail to gmail.

•••
Right now I have around 20 free [email protected] email addresses which are free with the respective domain

Thanks

Are those addresses you can also send from, or to just receive email ie forwarding?

Most registrars offer free forwarding but check, but to send you need either a hosting account or a paid service via gmail, or the registrar, or another service provider.

•••
Are those addresses you can also send from, or to just receive email ie forwarding?

Most registrars offer free forwarding but check, but to send you need either a hosting account or a paid service via gmail, or the registrar, or another service provider.

Hi thanks for reaching back - sure the email addresses I can send and receive email
Its park of the workspace email I think they discontinued after 2013
Love your thoughts
Cheers

•••
I think it depends on your usage. I used to get a ton of spam from those free email accounts at Godaddy. Is it worth paying the extra registration fees at GoDaddy for these free email addresses? Probably not.

Of course DDC is worth it. It can save you a heap of money (about $7/domain/year) on .com domains. You do the maths as to whether it's worth it or not.

•••
One issue if you depend on email is the lack of support at Godaddy - they force you to phone them, no ticket system or email support. And anyway domains are cheaper elsewhere and many offer free privacy.

A hosting account would often let you set up unlimited emails for a flat monthly fee.

Or try this https://www.zoho.eu/workplace/pricing.html

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back