IT.COM

.info Is it worth investing in .INFO domains?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ruzeen

Top Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
My opinion is that is worthy to invest in .infos as long as you are buying top premium domains and/or highly valuable dictionary word names.

•••
I agree.

If affiliate.info can sell for $15k then so can any one word .info with a good SV. A company will come along that wants to own the exact match keyword and the .COM will be undeveloped by someone waiting for a 'Big Offer'.

.org, .net, and .info are the only domains with good archived domain ages that can get to the top of the search results.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
I think it´s worth developing a useful, informational website on a really nice .info (which often can be acquired for comparably small money).

•••
The domain name is as valuable as you can make it!

In terms of SEO, the .info would not be better or worse than any other extension and only your purpose for it can define if it will work good for you. Generally .info extensions are not so good for commercial websites. However for information websites its the best you can get. And if you are indeed building such, the next important thing to focus is your content. If you have a .info website with lots of unique, compelling and relevant content popularized with links to other relevant sources, then you are surely on the right track. So basically all the standard rules apply here too and your personal approach towards them will determine how good would this domain become :)

•••
For regional places, cities, states, etc, I like .info very much.
Still buying them today.

•••
http://washingtonwolf.info/

That right there is to me the appropriate use of .info.

That kind of use is usually not revenue generating use, so I guess for domainers, that probably makes .info less interesting because those using the TLD that way aren't going to have big budgets.

•••
I for one, would not put any commercial site on a .info domain. But as @Rado_Ch says, .info domains are pretty good for information websites.

•••
Why did blockchain.info use .info instead of .com? Interesting...

•••
•••
Bumping this old thread.

Anyone making any money on .info lately? The only money i made on .info was basically LLL.info flips in early 2015 when the chip craze hit...but beyond that it's been a dead category for me.

Curious if anyone is seeing any "wins" here anymore? thanks.

•••
Last edited:
•••
the names RJ just listed are few far between
borderline 1 per month
I'l check namebio later.

like all sales, you need the right keyword.. for the right extension type. its always easy to sell movies.info. if you price it the right it becomes like a liquid domain

but your average stuff droping daily.. sure you can try it.. especially on cheap $1 promo.. its fun to look and reg them... most will never sell or even see offers.

imo
cheers

•••
Yes, and high sales prices could be the result of the domain having been previously developed and having traffic, and nothing to do with the TLD. The list of quality .INFO names selling cheap is just as revealing.

.INFO has never been a big player in the secondary market, and now .INFO just feels like it's been lost in the shuffle since the new gTLDs have been introduced. I am not investing much in them at this point.

Last edited:
•••
My opinion is that is worthy to invest in .infos as long as you are buying top premium domains and/or highly valuable dictionary word names.

I couldn't agree more!

•••
No.

Unless you can get domains like Cars.info Sex.info Med.ifo for under $1,000.

•••
No.

Unless you can get domains like Cars.info Sex.info Med.ifo for under $1,000.

I believe you're forgetting about the travel industry...

•••
I believe you're forgetting about the travel industry...

Same, only invest in good one word if they are underpriced.

The best way to lose money in .info is buying them at end user prices.

•••
You do have a point, but think about the millions of tourists out there in foreign countries that after specific info. Sometimes a two-word . info domain is better than one; not only for SEO purposes, but also in terms of its descriptiveness.

•••
You do have a point, but think about the millions of tourists out there in foreign countries that after specific info. Sometimes a two-word . info domain is better than one; not only for SEO purposes, but also in terms of its descriptiveness.

Agree but I think the .info gold rush is over and that 97% of available .info domains are worthless.

.info is definitely not for me unless I can get a kick ass name like goodnews.info or cars.info at under $1k.

Of course you can register a .info and build a successful business. You can do this with any gltds :)

•••
•••
.info is like any other extension that is not hot right now. It's being held by investors hoping that the market will improve for them. :)

As far as development....same thing. :)

•••
Bought DogBreeding.info for $2 here on NP two days ago.

•••
Back