domain Is it worth buying misspelled domain names ? - cannabiqs.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mohit Singhania

MyDailyDomains.comTop Member
Impact
Is it really worth buying some misspelled domain names ? Can it be a branding opportunity ?

Example : cannabiqs.com

Does this type of domain name have any value ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Example : cannabiqs.com

Misspelling can mean value if the misspelling makes an additional word...

So Cannabiqs? Mehhh.

Cannabiq --- better than cannabiqs. IQ = Smart / Intelligence

CannaBit / CannaBiz = that's what I'm talking about, Jack.

Another misspelling option is something such as Kannabis, or Qannabis...

Last edited:
•••
What about if the misspelled words is one of the two words ?

Example : cyrptoworld.com

What are your thoughts ?

•••
•••
What about an example you mentioned combined with another word ?

Kannabisworld.com

Does this have any potential ?

•••
•••
Nope, stay away from these names

Always put yourself in an end-users shoes, if you were starting a company, would you use something like Cannabiqs.com? I certainly wouldn't, its hard to say, hard to spell and horrible to look at.

There are some names that are considered trendy and quirky that actually work, like Musik or Pokr, but in general, try and avoid them. It also helps if the word means something in a different language too, like Musik :xf.smile:

Good luck

Last edited:
•••
It is so dependent on the actual name. I've had Kat1.com since 2005, and I haven't received one purchase enquiry for it. I reg'd vrtualgolf.com by mistake. That will probably end up getting dropped, but I'll have some fun with it on the way. Will it be worth the time spent? probably not, but it's better than doing crosswords. :)

As others have mentioned, if you want a brandable, then I think you are better off with a short made up name. I've just picked up BLurl.com, and I'm not sure what to do with that. I think it was the URL bit that attracted me to it.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back