IT.COM

Is It OK that DAN...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

To keep Jurgen happy I removed my long post to meet your request for 1 sentence only!

Maybe Jurgen wants a new NP rule that posts must be one short sentence which eliminates both myself, Bob Hawkes and a few others from posting.

That would greatly diminish value from knowledge members get from the forum but at least Jurgen will be happy.

P.S. I knew it could be a mistake to start posting here again after a month away!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I didn't understand anything.
Can you generate your exact question in just 1 sentence?

p.s. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laconic_phrase

My long post is gone. Are you happy now? I am now taking at least one more month off the forum, maybe two months.

Oh sorry Jurgen it looks like that paragraph above was technically 2 or 3 sentences but check it with wikipedia to be sure..

Last edited:
•••
This is not about my happiness.
But just about the time-saving behaviour... especially when you want to get the right and quick answers.
So please respect my time and time of other domainers/readers.
Thanks.

•••
why was your post about how I need to read wikipedia which I copied to my answer and the other stuff deleted? Did you complain to a Mod? I got a notice from a Mod.

You could save even mire time by leaving the forum yourself then you will not need to waste time here and read long posts by myself, Bob Hawkes and a few others.

Last edited:
•••
Ask moderators, I can't delete any posts apriori.

•••
•••
BOTH your post and my post were removed after you made the childish insulting post I need to read wikipedia about short writing preferred and gave a link to it If you did not delete it and a Mod did not., who did?

Last edited:
•••
Mod deleted on his own decision.

Regarding my link to Wikipedia "Laconic phrase" article - it was just p.s. to my main comment, that I didn't understand anything from your original post about your Dan issues.

Last edited:
•••
I cannot believe you posted a Wikipedia link to me on how good short is, which appears a Mod removed.

So do you also tell others who may do long posts like Bob Hawkes for example (and a few others) their posts are too long for your liking and because they are long your time is being wasted?

The best thing you can do is leave NP for good so you don't waste time here reading anything more than one sentence long.

Last edited:
•••
Hi

thought this was about something, that I now see it is not

but still

some posts are long, filled with words that don't say much, in the totality of the content
but to others, it may be impressive.
perhaps because most don't really read the words... they tend to read, what they what to read out of it.

and as such, they fail to see all that's written "in between" the lines.

short posts, by some, tend to be right to the point, ever so bluntly, as I sometimes do
though at times, one has to elaborate, to paint the clearest picture.

then again, a few words posted by the clueless of the subject,
may provide further discussion.... or get totally ignored.

so, whether it's a short or long post, for the discerning eye, there can be much to see.

imo...

•••
...so, whether it's a short or long post, for the discerning eye, there can be much to see. imo...

Agree, and unfortunate I removed the original (long) post because it was about a likely not too apparent negativity (IMO) with DAN which I was very slow in thinking about until now.

I'm sure that issue is costing sale opportunities. I wish someone else had talked about it several months ago which would have also saved me vast amounts of work and time.

Last edited:
•••
I'm sure that issue is costing lost sale opportunities.

Hi

really not taking no sides here:

currently, i'm not a user
but, once one chooses to be one, and make the changes necessary to participate..... then you deal with the consequences.

if other domain owners are experiencing success, then it may not be the platform's fault because your names aren't selling or haven't sold.

just saying

imo...

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back