IT.COM

Is it neccessary to use real information when signing up on Sedo?

NameSilo
Watch

sixtoronto

Established Member
Impact
Just curious, is it necessary to use my real information when registering on Sedo? Not really sure why they would need it.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
It's real money, real transactions.. not a "just for fun" thing. So they need accountability to protect against fraud, money laundering. It also provides a legal recourse for issues like non-payers.

Real information helps keep your account secure and gives you a leg to stand on should a problem arise. Look at it on the other side of the coin, imagine you did business on there with someone whom easily used a fake identity for buying or selling domains on the platform? It opens up avenues for using stolen or hacked payment methods to obtain goods.

Basically, yes it is necessary.

•••
•••
It's real money, real transactions.. not a "just for fun" thing. So they need accountability to protect against fraud, money laundering. It also provides a legal recourse for issues like non-payers.

Real information helps keep your account secure and gives you a leg to stand on should a problem arise. Look at it on the other side of the coin, imagine you did business on there with someone whom easily used a fake identity for buying or selling domains on the platform? It opens up avenues for using stolen or hacked payment methods to obtain goods.

Basically, yes it is necessary.
What @HotKey said

Yes, its necessary

•••
It is always required real name send me an email on anything and get ignored until you do.

•••
Just curious, is it necessary to use my real information when registering on Sedo? Not really sure why they would need it.
Not sure why you wouldn’t want to give your real info. Any traditional place you sell something requires real KYC credentials.

•••
how long do Sedo transfers take?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back