IT.COM

discuss Is it important to categorize domains on Afternic?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

YairDD

I'm cool, I think?Top Member
Impact
Does categorizing help to increase exposure & sales on Afternic? or it doesn't really matter?

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I've been trying to figure out where you're assigning a category. On your lander?

Buyers coming to Afternic cannot search by category at all, as far as I can tell. Their search is basically broken. So I think it doesn't matter.

•••
Do you mean you want to know where the catgorization functionality is located in your Afternic account? That would be Portfolio - All Domains - Search Portfolio - Profile.

Or do you mean what to categorize? That would be the domain itself, I always try to assign a category in which I think the domain could be used by an end-user.

I hope I understood you correctly, if not just let me know.

It's true, the "Browse by category" function doesn't really work, but maybe there's an update underway.

•••
I'm not sure of Afternic, but if you list domains on GD you are offered premium services of listing across multiple categories for better exposure.

If, when and where possible, it's highly recommended you add relevant categories to your domain. Further, if a domain is versatile, you should strive to list it under multiple categories. Many potential buyers select categories as vital criteria in addition to the general keyword search - based on stats from my marketplace metrics.

Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back