Dynadot

question-answered Is it illegal to ask a buyer the PayPal fee here in NamePros?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

M0rd0r

Established Member
Impact
Hi domainers!

I have just sold a domain name in bargains here in NP and the buyer don't want to pay the fee, his message is literally:

"u are not familiar with no rule that says its illegal to ask buyer to pay paypal fee?"

Is this true? I can not find in NP the rules, someone can help me?

Thanks in advance!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
He wants you to send him an advance fee? To cover the transaction

•••
Hi domainers!

I have just sold a domain name in bargains here in NP and the buyer don't want to pay the fee, his message is literally:

"u are not familiar with no rule that says its illegal to ask buyer to pay paypal fee?"

Is this true? I can not find in NP the rules, someone can help me?

Thanks in advance!

NO is not illegal to ask a buyer to pay the fee but
When you make a sale post seller have obligation to specify that 'seller must pay the Paypal fee' ( or not )
In this case if you dont do this and sell X domain with 5 $ the buyer will pay only 5$

Last edited:
•••
NO is not illegal to ask a buyer to pay the fee but
When you make a sale post seller have obligation to specify that 'seller must pay the Paypal fee'
In this case if you dont do this and sell X domain with 5 $ the buyer will pay only 5$
Ok, thanks!

Yes, in the offer it is clearly specified the buyer will pay the fees, this is the offer:

1648136285335.png

I think the case is clear, but let's see....

Waiting to a moderator in pvt conversation.

Thanks for your help!

•••
As show in this print screen , you specify that buyer must pay the fee so...must pay price of domain + PP fee but see what have to say a NP moderator

•••
Ok, thanks!

Yes, in the offer it is clearly specified the buyer will pay the fees, this is the offer:

Show attachment 212714

I think the case is clear, but let's see....

Waiting to a moderator in pvt conversation.

Thanks for your help!
Pretty cheap not wanting to pay fees. What's the fee on a $20 transaction? Like 2 or 3%. Its a couple bucks lol

•••
I received this:

1648136729759.png

-1.11 USD is the fee that I payed

Last edited:
•••
That's the rules here on NP but the rules does not make sense.
Seller should be able to specify who will pay the fees or split the fees. It's not illegal in reality. Escrow let you do it.
For here on NP just add the fees to the selling price and get over with it.

•••
•••
You can’t specify buyers to pay paypal fees (NP rule I think) but you can specify what payment method you accept so do paypal family friend and problem solved

•••
That's the rules here on NP but the rules does not make sense.
Seller should be able to specify who will pay the fees or split the fees. It's not illegal in reality. Escrow let you do it.
For here on NP just add the fees to the selling price and get over with it.
Thanks for your advice John.

•••
I just went to marketplace> auctions or anywhere and i couldnt find the rules. It used to be pinned at top of each section.
So I can imagine how difficult it is for newer member to find something if 14 year member cant find it.
Anywhere, not just dan or here, a person should check a box agreeing to rules/tos before submitting names for sale. Twice you do it at afternic
As far as i know its always been seller pays fees but things change. Bravo was tagged yesterday, hopefully they can clarify. This is why people ask payment from paypal friends and family to avoid paying the $1

•••
•••
Hi

i started discussion on this subject some years ago

it was stated then, that sellers can "ask" buyers to pay fees
but they cannot "require" buyer to pay fee.

read here:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/ru...rging-transaction-fees-not-equitable.1008392/

imo...
Seller only care about the amount received. If allow buyer to pay the fee, seller can provide the best price since different payment method has different fees.
If seller pay the fees, seller can only provide the price base on the payment method that has the highest fee.
I don't understand why namepros force seller to pay the fee.

•••
Back