IT.COM

question Is it good to buy expired .JP domain names?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Sanjay Sagar

Established Member
Impact
I just found a domain with a DA 60 and PA 40 but it is a branded domain with very good quality backlinks. It got links from all the major websites like HuffingtonPost, Time, People, Techradar, NYtimes, etc. But when I search this domain on Google it shows only 6 Results. It is worth spending money on this domain name?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Depends entirely on what it is...hard to assess without a clue

•••
Leave it. I can't book this domain.

It shows a message at checkout .co.jp names are restricted to companies registered with the Japanese government and each company may register only one of the following: .ad.jp, .ac.jp, .co.jp, .go.jp, .or.jp, .ne.jp, .gr.jp, .ed.jp, .lg.jp\nYour domain registration information must be submitted in English, Japanese and Hiragana.

This is the Domain I was trying to book -
burgerkingjapan.co.jp

Last edited:
•••
Leave it. I can't book this domain.

It shows a message at checkout .co.jp names are restricted to companies registered with the Japanese government and each company may register only one of the following: .ad.jp, .ac.jp, .co.jp, .go.jp, .or.jp, .ne.jp, .gr.jp, .ed.jp, .lg.jp\nYour domain registration information must be submitted in English, Japanese and Hiragana.

burgerkingjapan.co.jp
You saved money regardless. Burger King is a trademark, zero value

Last edited:
•••
Run from trademark names....

•••
burgerkingjapan.co.jp
Yeah, so many problems/issues with that domain in particular. You'd most likely lose that domain name if you were actually able to get the domain. That's if you're not sued by Burger King. Just not worth it.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back