IT.COM

question Is “immersive” the next big trend? - I see it everywhere.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I am seeing an increasing use of the term immersive. I see in relation to the metaverse, NFTs, art exhibits, etc.

Do you think it will become a trend in domain registrations and sales?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Immersion is just VR (being present in a non-physical world). As always in a trend, its that small number of domains that do well, plus some exceptions, but the vast majority burn. IMO

Last edited:
•••
nah...I wouldn't rely on immersive keyword names.. it's already covered by vr...ar.. and now mostly just meta.

•••
I don't like the word immersive. Begins with an easily confused letter. Word is often spelled incowectly. Just doesn't dance off the tongue like metaverse. Maybe I'm too immersed in the subject.

•••
I don't like the word immersive. Begins with an easily confused letter. Word is often spelled incowectly. Just doesn't dance off the tongue like metaverse. Maybe I'm too immersed in the subject.
😁You might be right. I still think that, as the metaverse becomes a reality, many companies, old and emerging, will incorporate the term in their name, product and services.

•••
I am seeing an increasing use of the term immersive. I see in relation to the metaverse, NFTs, art exhibits, etc.

Yup.

Immersive is the new Smart

•••
I don't like it, doesn't fit well with anything imo

•••
•••
It's 3 syllables already. Quite a mouthful if you are adding another keyword to it. I only like it if it's a standalone with major extensions. Anything else doesn't make it in my books.

•••

Nope! It's not a very brandable term. There will be *very* limited sales for this one.

Long *adjectives* with 2 - 3 syllables rarely become successful niches, (if not never) from my observation. Short adjectives like Fast and Smart have been successiveful, but they don't represent a particular industry. Immersive just doesn't compare...

Plus the double M is very unattractive.

Last edited:
•••
Thank God many domainers don't believe in this yet!

There is unfortunately a showcase thread for immersive and it inspired a lot of registrations about 4 years, so this has already happened. There's been a revival of interest because of the Metaverse thread. Elad believes in Immersive and he has a lot of members following him. But I'm not much of a fan personally.

•••
There is unfortunately a showcase thread for immersive and it inspired a lot of registrations about 4 years, so this has already happened. There's been a revival of interest because of the Metaverse thread. Elad believes in Immersive and he has a lot of members following him. But I'm not much of a fan personally.
Elad isn't paying anyone to follow him. It's because the guy was fuckin right about many things like xr..
I agree 2017 was early and hence mistimed.. but 2022 and beyond might be different

•••
Elad isn't paying anyone to follow him. It's because the guy was fuckin right about many things like xr..
I agree 2017 was early and hence mistimed.. but 2022 and beyond might be different

Elad was not immediately for XR and changed his mind about it later. But younger members like yourself think he was the first to promote XR as a niche here, because you see that he started the XR Thread 😅.

Not sure why you felt the need to say that no one is paid to follow him lol. People are literally paid in sales for following good advise around here though. The problem with following people here is that they can be wrong and can change their mind later. For example, Elad has changed his mind after actively defending the future Mixed Reality / MR as a promising domain niche years ago and he's had a lot of positive things to say about niches that have yet to have mass appeal. I don't think he would appreciate you talking about him like he's some kind of messiah lol.

No one here has a crystal ball...but people who are too lazy to do their own research to find lucrative niches on their own look to showcase threads and popular member advice like money messiahs on here 😁. Elad and others like my self with a lot of opinions here don't ask for people to follow us. It's only advised that you do your own research.

•••
Elad was not immediately for XR and changed his mind about it later. But younger members like yourself think he was the first to promote XR as a niche here, because you see that he started the XR Thread 😅.

Not sure why you felt the need to say that no one is paid to follow him lol. People are literally paid in sales for following good advise around here though. The problem with following people here is that they can be wrong and can change their mind later. For example, Elad has changed his mind after actively defending the future Mixed Reality / MR as a promising domain niche years ago and he's had a lot of positive things to say about niches that have yet to have mass appeal. I don't think he would appreciate you talking about him like he's some kind of messiah lol.

No one here has a crystal ball...but people who are too lazy to do their own research to find lucrative niches on their own look to showcase threads and popular member advice like money messiahs on here 😁. Elad and others like my self with a lot of opinions here don't ask for people to follow us. It's only advised that you do your own research.
🤣well.. neither do I call him a messiah.. nor am I saying you're necessarily wrong.. anyways to each his own
Calling me "too lazy to do my own research" was a bit uncalled for

•••
No one should follow me but do his own research.

I'm giving my opinions and people are grownups and can choose if to go after it or not.

Good luck

•••

Definitely, it's next big whale......

•••
🤣well.. neither do I call him a messiah.. nor am I saying you're necessarily wrong.. anyways to each his own
Calling me "too lazy to do my own research" was a bit uncalled for

No no... I wasn't talking about you specifically...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back