Dynadot

question Is HugeDomains dropping some domains?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Cypherpunk

Domain.NetworkEstablished Member
Impact
Looking for some names I've found interesting domains available to hand reg which the previous recent owner was HugeDomains. Apparently, they acquired the domains through DropCatch or GD closeouts.

Does anybody know if HugeDomains sometimes drops some of their names?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I recently got SurrealPlace (dot) com and, out of curiosity, checked archive.org for history on it. Turns out it was with HugeDomains since 2013 till sometime in 2019.

•••
I too can confirm that they do drop domains.

I watched a domain for over a decade. The previous owner let it drop and it was caught at dropcatch, and then immediately up for sale at HugeDomains for around $3500. A year later it was reduced to $2500, then after the second year it was dropped and hand-regged by someone else soon thereafter. They taste them for a couple of years and then discard the rubbish. But boy do they sometimes ask a small fortune for that rubbish.

Last edited:
•••
Sure they do. In the past, I picked up two that I had my sights on when the domains were with them. Now they are with me lol

•••
in case nobody mentioned this, the pre release on dc is names that will drop in most cases if no buyer, it's a nice little trick to get decent names for a fair price, private seller and pre release on dc have great deals and gets little attention compared to the drops

•••
I see them drop names all the time. There business plan is different than many other companies. They register names that have been registered by others, hoping that the former owners will re-buy there domains and it must work, at least a lot of the time.

•••
unHugeDomains dropping my drops.

•••
For .com domains they DROP 76 days after EXPIRY, provided they are not renewed, or purchased in a PRE-RELEASE Auction at places like GoDaddy, Snapnames, or other Registrar Expiring Auctions.

Its 46 days...

•••
Its 46 days...

I'm not sure what you are thinking about but domains drop after 76 days. After the 46th day they can still be renewed by the owner at their registrar for a price.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back