Dynadot

advice Is HugeDomains/Comparable Still Buying Every Decent Dropped Name?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

MrOriginal

Established Member
Impact
There is a domain I want for a personal project. It was hand regged last year and expired last week.

I sent an offer.

Considering it hadn't been renewed, its possible the domain is set to be dropped by the seller. I made a judgement call to make an offer, because my worry is that when it drops it will be picked up by Hugedomains/comparable.

The name is ok, it's the type they go for. 2 words, somewhat catchy, both words are relevant to each other, .com.

Sometimes I see my own domain drops with the same criteria picked up by Hugedomains, other times I don't. Maybe they are also filtering based on niche/topic of domain.

Guess what I'm wondering is are domain grabbers for dropped domain like Huge Domains still scraping everything up before normal people can register it?

Should the email not get a response, I have to consider whether I will keep trying or wait for a drop. Obviously, I don't want HugeDomains to grab it and put up a ridiculous price tag.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Huge Domains price their inventory much more reasonably than do many individual domainers. It’s somewhat unnerving to see retail pricing characterized as ridiculous on what is supposed to be a professional domain investing forum.

That said, good luck getting the name before they do or someone else does.

•••
Back