Dynadot

Is GoDaddy dead? Problems for over a year with GoDaddy not able to fix

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Michael Norris

Design & DevelopmentEstablished Member
Impact
Did they fall in the ocean? Seriously?

I've personally had problems that I've found which Godaddy told me that I needed to switch computers and browsers and internet providers... and after changing ALL these things, now Godaddy just continues to say I'm not giving them enough information (after I give them more than enough) and all seems to be in an effort for them to ignore the problem as they for a year now have refused to fix the problems I find, and instead try to blame it on me as if I'm doing something wrong.

I can't access certain pages as it is if someone has sabotaged my account for the header to crash or something.

Today however I can't access anything. For over a month I'm unable to checkout on Godaddy because my cart is broken, but I can't get support for this and when I try, it is as if the problem is ignored.

Today I can't access certain pages, I can't login, I can't access email, I can't access chat support, and no one is answering phone support.... The phone system tells me I'll wait for about 2 minutes but after an hour not a single person has answered the phone.

Anyone else experiencing this? I'm contacting an attorney tomorrow because I shouldn't be ignored for over a year when I keep telling them there is major problems, and I already have a class action lawsuit notification about Godaddy... but I feel there needs to be more since they've neglected and disregarded me for well over a year now.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I can access my GD account fine. Everything seems normal to me.

•••
I am on the phone for over an hour, tried another call and same 2 minute wait notice with nearly 20 minutes on hold.... still I cannot access the support chat.... the page loads but the chat button doesn't load for me.

As for my account pages, it says site can't be reached and that it took too long... but it does this almost immediately so there is no actual wait, the pages just fail.

Added: the pages actually finally started loading after I posted this reply.

Edit: Nevermind the pages went right back down.

Last edited:
•••
I can login finally and access domains now... but still no email and no support of any kind.

I mean this is a bit ridiculous for me... not even my cart page works.... Godaddy tells me that I need to switch internet providers and computers and browsers.... I've done all this and Godaddy then tells me they need more info. After giving it to them they told me they didn't get enough info from me.

It seems like Godaddy has deliberately sabotaged my account... when you can't even make a payment in checkout. something is definitely wrong and Godaddy doesn't seem to care to fix it so they seem to have caused this problem maliciously... It wouldn't be the first time as I had a supervisor threaten to mess with my account settings before.

I'm definitely contacting an attorney tomorrow

•••
Some parts of GoDaddy are still down for me. Earlier this morning I could not access domains or Afternic - but now those are fine. Websites hosted on GoDaddy are still not loading.

@Michael Norris - this is nothing against you personally - their online service rep probably doesn't see what we see.

•••
•••
Well they absolutely aren't answering calls so if they don't see that, they are idiots.

What I have been reporting to them has been going on for over a year, Godaddy just keeps ignoring it and refusing to fix the problems, but instead push blame towards me for the problems, after I've literally done everything they've suggested.

So to me it is a personal attack when a company directly neglects me for over a year. If it was not against me personally, why does Godaddy refuse to help for over a year?

•••
@Joe Styler
@Paul Nicks

Again I'm on the phone for 40 minutes this time, after being told I had a 2 minute wait, still no one has come to the phone like to help me.

Last edited:
•••
There are many threads here on nP regarding GoDaddy services. I have never had a problem with their services. However, this morning there is an outage that they should address. @Joe Styler

•••
I've had numerous problems that they refuse to address. For over a year now. Godaddy needs to get it together and fix these problems instead of neglecting customers like this.

•••
I can now access my domain list. Afternic seems to be back up as well. However, all of my GoDaddy-hosted websites are still down.

•••
I can access domain list but that's all... email is still down, chat support button still not working..... I mean the fact that I haven't been able to checkout on Godaddy for as long as I have just goes to show how much they don't care.

Added: Also still there is absolutely no one answering the phone

Last edited:
•••
Update:

Email is in and out.... chat support button is still not working

Still absolutely no one answering phones for phone support.

Well over 2 hours now.... neglect and malpractice

Last edited:
•••
GoDaddy-hosted websites are now back up and running. Will be interesting to hear from @Joe Styler when he gets a chance to help explain what happened at GoDaddy this morning.

•••
It's still happening for me.... I'm still unable to access certain pages or features like it has been for months.

As for today, there is still no chat or phone support despite offering 24/7 support.

I've been on hold for over 2 hours now on the phone and no one is answering.

•••
AWS is currently having network connectivity issues. It wouldn't surprise me if that was the cause of the downtime. Many other sites are currently down for me as well.

status.aws.amazon.com

EDIT: Looks like the problem is wider spread than AWS. Level3/CenturyLink are having issues

Last edited:
•••
Finally got in contact with support for Godaddy and it's the same BS from before... they are just blaming details from my computer system and claiming it's what's causing the problem....

I've had this same problem for well over a year and Godaddy is just refusing to fix it.... It's like they claim they understand, but then they ask something that's totally irrelevant to what I'm saying, and they only do so to try to disregard my problem as a problem and to push blame on me so that they can say they can't help me.

I've worked on computers for 27 years.... It's not that hard to understand what's going on here if you listen, but your team isn't interested in listening they just keep getting to a point of blame to say that they can't help, despite this has been a problem for over a year.

@Joe Styler
@Paul Nicks
Where are your support team members who can actually help? I'm losing time and money talking to the clowns on Godaddy's team who are neglecting customers.

•••
Had supervisor trying to tell me these fixes for problems but still he does not seem to understand or want to take into consideration that I've tried all these things in the past and still have the same problems.... He's essentially refusing to help me and making up excuses like he can't help me in the future problems... when this has been a problem for over a year...

3 hours on the phone this morning and not a single problem fixed... one problem is ongoing for well over a year, the other problem is ongoing for a few months

•••
•••
Tried again for support but can't get support from Godaddy....

Godaddy's checkout process has been messed up for me for a few months.... when I try to get help their team just tries to invalidate the problem and so far I haven't gotten any help, except for their team asking me to try the things I've already tried that have not worked in the past except for a temporary fix.

Somehow Godaddy thinks I should jump through all these hoops daily to be their customer while they continually allow these problems to go on for over a year without providing any true resolution that lasts more than a day. I even had the support person tell me its just a little hoop..... so why acknowledge the problem exists but refuse any support other than support that's shown not to work in the past....??? Godaddy clearly does not care about customers.

The godaddy blog for me has been down for well over a year and they claim it's my cache settings.... after changing laptops and internet providers, Godaddy still claims it's my computer or service provider causing the local problem....

No one on Godaddy's team seems to be able to explain why none of this stuff has worked in the past that they have suggested, they just continue to suggest the same things that have not worked over and over again.... not a single person has tried to look past this to help me... not a single person has acknowledged that I've been having these problems repeatedly.

Not a single Godaddy rep takes the time to listen to me without saying something contradictory.

I tell Godaddy I have a new PC and a new internet connection, and still they blame my internet connection and cache settings that clearly are not the same, but it's as if Godaddy doesn't have instructions to help customers after the customers have taken the suggestions and still have the same problems repeatedly.

Godaddy obviously doesn't care about customers. I spent over 3 hours on the phone and got absolutely zero support, other than being told things to do that have not worked in the past.

•••
•••
"Cloudflare, Hulu, the PlayStation Network, Xbox Live, Feedly, Discord, and dozens of other services reported connectivity problems Sunday morning."
Cloudflare reports connectivity problems. OK, it is so big that one would call it "too big to fail". If it still fails sometimes... not the 1st time actually... Shouldn't website owners think twice before using cloudflare, be it free plan or paid plan... ? A rhetorical question, I know. Folks would still use it as they are not aware of better alternatives... or because somebody else is using it (like .io The British Indian Ocean Territory domain registrations lol)

Last edited:
•••
There was a pretty big Internet outage yesterday across many venues. We have redundancy but not everyone we work with does nor do many people. For Instance, you might have an ISP and a cell phone Internet connection but they both may still be routing through a service or network along the way that is down due to the outage, so they both hit the same path along the way and fail. To keep it short though there was a pretty big outage yesterday and we were down for some time but back up again sooner than the outage. So that is why some people on here could see us, they could get to us not using the down networks, and others could not because presumably they were still using part of the network that was down.

•••
@Joe Styler None of this really answers my question about why all the past problems.... I'm trying to get answers again today and the rep literally told me "I don't know" to my question.

Godaddy has turned into one of the worst. I haven't been able to get legit help for a year. I keep getting the same answers, which provide a temporary fix, but then the next day or so, I end up having the same problems or newer problems come up.

Nobody on Godaddy team can explain this, they can only provide the same detail of how to temporarily fix the problem, but no one can explain why the problems keep reoccuring.

I have even switched to a new laptop and new internet provider, but still have all the same problems and then some, with no fix or explanation on how to fix.

•••
Currently I cannot pay for anything as my cart is broken (2 months now), I cannot access the Godaddy blog (for over a year), I couldn't get on my Products page today and through the rep ignoring how it could be a programming error, I actually found an error on desktop display, so for your team to go on ignoring this and not providing anything but a temporary fix, it leads me to believe that someone is intentionally screwing with my account.

I had a Godaddy executive threaten to mess with my account before too when Godaddy deleted some of the features on my hosting that I paid for.

Godaddy never fixed this, or reimbursed me for this, but yet now it seems like someone is intentionally messing with my account there, to the point that I cannot even checkout properly, and no one at Godaddy thinks that customers being unable to pay is a problem so far except to say it's something caused by my laptop cache and my internet router... but I have a new laptop and new internet.

So why are these problems going on now for over a year and why are they still continually going on, and why does Godaddy not care @Joe Styler

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back