IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

pteracuda

Established Member
Impact
So I had a few $1000 I wanted to spend on some apps and try to learn a few things while making investments into online properties.

I go to Flippa, I think okay I know how to weed through scammers but at first I got one seller telling me he has $800 profit a month and when I buy it that's no longer the case.

Had another seller tell me something that was a lie. Discovered a few site errors. Was trying to do my part to report things.

Made a few purchases before making a bigger purchase $599.

Did all my due diligence and apparently the seller tells me now in broken English he's refusing to do what his ad states which is, he included in features "Admob Ads are integrated to earn money" but continues to refuse to do this work, while stating he is a coder in the listing but admitting he's not in messages.

It goes on with him arguing that I should pay him more money, he promises to refund and never did but after the hellish nightmare, sent me lesser money in a payment that made me instead look like the seller and put me at risk as now my money is on hold trying to transfer back to my bank because it's not normal interaction for my account obviously to be tossing money around like a hot potato.

So long story short, seller goes on and on, even after telling me again and again they'll refund me, even after Flippa steps in and tells them twice to refund me, hours later they continue to try to get me to let them have money somehow for refusing to do work and transferring absolutely nothing.

Flippa sided with them, and let them relist their item and banned my account, after the whole time the seller was being argumentative, yet they tell me they expect me to be civil. The guys allowed to terrorize me on Flippa but yet I'm the bad guy for opening dispute when he refused a integration he offered.

"Admob Ads are integrated to earn money" turned into the seller getting their buy now price accepted, and yet still saying it was not enough money, without a single mention of it being an extra charge.

"Admob Ads are integrated to earn money" to me means integration so I'm earning, so I don't understand why the seller refused to do a $5 job just to get in a $599 payment, but I'm not a "coder" either so to me it was outrageous that I was being asked to go outside the box for something that's telling me it's "integrated to earn money."

To me if seller is refusing integration, I'm not earning money I'm just being extorted, and seller even lied to Paypal saying I'm trying to get free work from him after I sent $600 and got my time wasted. I even lost money because I didn't get it all back, and it's still on hold.... and my Flippa account got banned.

Anyone else had someone just scam them and it just makes the majority of the other sellers start looking shady too (especially when support sides with them)? This thread is for bad experiences. I'm new and already had a many, so let's hear yours?

(When I searched the company actually I found some info that just made me think there has obviously got to be others, some BBB info, some lawyer website... surely there's other bad stories, as well as I had a few good too, but Flippa ruined that part.)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I saw some of the same things, but the problem I was having was that people were directly lying.... one guy said he had $800 a month profit on one project, even had other sellers trying to scam me out of listings I won from them and Flippa did nothing to fix that... I won one auction, Flippa let the guy cheat me out of it, and then the guy sold it two more times after that. Flippa did absolutely nothing for me even though I was cheated clearly. In fact they quickly closed up the listing so that I could not even dispute it.

The last person was lying about being a coder, had Flippa claiming that it was a girl when it was a guy (it was obvious to me because not even girls complain that much), and even though they stated "admob ads are integrated to earn money" they claimed that their refusal to integrate the ads was valid because they never mentioned they would integrate the ad codes, while of course posting a misleading ad claiming "ads are integrated to earn money".... Normally in contracts that state you will "earn money" they tell you about extra work needed so that you are actually earning, but in this they not only neglected this information, but lied about important details, making this ultimately fraud.

Flippa sided with them, even though Flippa lied claiming they sided with me... I clearly got an email saying they sided with no one, and then had the guy bragging about me getting banned later on when he resold the listing.

Clearly Flippa is just out to make a $1 and they do not care who they hurt or abuse to get that $1.

•••
Had a conversation with an attorney today about all this, interesting enough to say the least.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back