IT.COM

Is Expireddomains.net turning into a paid-only tool?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

GraceGraham

Impact
I am unable to sign up at expireddomains[dot]net. I filled their contact form more than 24 hours back, but have not gotten a reply back.

I see the following error - "Sign up is closed at the moment. Please try again later."

Anyone else have the same issue?

The only reason I can think of is that they are planning to go from Free to Paid.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I completly understand @kostaki and @GraceGraham might see this has a aggressive move but it isn't and when you deal with some recurring problems for 20 years it can really drag you down, take up your time and simply get annoying.

I am fine with an aggressive move that quickly solves problems. However, it's been almost a week now with no resolution. Every contact with @kostaki results in a question back instead of solving a user issue. Every email takes 24 hours for a turn around and a week of my life has been lost waiting.

It would have been far better had they simply said "Please do not use our services. They are not open to you." instead of wasting my time over a week.

For anyone who has the same issue, please, please just purchase a subscription with freshdrop and be done with it. You will thank yourself for being treated the way a customer should be treated.

Brings to mind what they say about Facebook - "if you are not the customer, you are the product."

•••
I am fine with an aggressive move that quickly solves problems. However, it's been almost a week now with no resolution. Every contact with @kostaki results in a question back instead of solving a user issue. Every email takes 24 hours for a turn around and a week of my life has been lost waiting.
Have you considered Time zone differences, @kostaki having an actual life and time management for projects he might be involved in? Especially for a free service that he gives out? Life happens and while it is inconvenient for you, it is @kostaki's prerogative to devote as much or as little time as he wishes.

For anyone who has the same issue, please, please just purchase a subscription with freshdrop and be done with it. You will thank yourself for being treated the way a customer should be treated.
Yes you can. ExpiredDomains.net is a free service and it works extremely well for a free service. That said, your comparison of a paid service vs a free service is quite inaccurate and not apples to apples.

Brings to mind what they say about Facebook - "if you are not the customer, you are the product."
Not at all directly applicable. Afaik, @kostaki does not have any more information from you than you share and does not monetize YOUR data and connections nor does he display any ads on the website. This statement is more hyperbole than fact. I understand you are frustrated and that shows but don't throw out wild accusations which have no factual basis.

•••
I was going to respond but @anantj said it all, i couldn't respond better.

@GraceGraham "a week of my life has been lost waiting."

Time is the most valuable thing you can have in life that's true but dont forget that @kostaki time is also valuable especially to him so take in mind that is also spending is precious time responding to you and trying to solve your problem, when he doesn't have any obligation to do so. Don't forget it's a FREE service you aren't paying him anything to use expireddomains.net so you aren't his customer if you were paying him then yes it would be a bit of bad customer support and still i know much bigger companies that take much more time to resolve more simple problems.

You should thank him for just responding has fast has he did to you here on this thread and for him to spend some of his precious time helping you.

I understand it can be annoying but "patience is a virtue".

This is just my personal opinion.

•••
Signup will be open again soon!

I just need a break from "oh-you-disabled-my-account-I-will-just-signup-new-haha" users. Lately they seem to multiply and dealing with them eats up a lot of my time... It's annoying and I need a break from them.

just curious, why do peoples accounts get disabled there? for which reasons?

•••
I would guess bots, scrapers and leechers. When you run a successful site, people steal your content.

•••
just curious, why do peoples accounts get disabled there? for which reasons?
I would guess bots, scrapers and leechers. When you run a successful site, people steal your content.

What Kate said. @kostaki alluded to this here

And also from the expireddomains.net website -

2017-12-04
3rd party tools
If you use a 3rd party tool to connect to the member area, your account will be closed! There is no 3rd party tool with permission to use the member area in their software!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back