NameSilo

Is Domaining based on pure luck

Labeled as opinion in General Domain Discussion started by dhyinc, Feb 5, 2019.

Replies:
Views:

1. ThatNameGuy

ThatNameGuy Restricted Gold Account

I attribute my success to common sense, hard work, creativity and a willingness to go against the crowd when you know the crowd has another agenda. Note, my moniker/avitar is appropriately ThatNameGuy™ because I've been NAMING businesses for over 50 years, and I'll continue to do it until the day I die. If you're waiting for a buyer to find you or your domains you won't survive. There's a reason why domainers and brokers only sell 1-2% of their inventory annually, and once you've figured that out, the world is your oyster:xf.wink:

Good Luck CommonSense!

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. frank-germany

frank-germany F1lter.com xpired domain search engine Gold Account VIP

I would be more impressed if you would prove your success

maybe you first you want to perform due diligence on what ™ means:

upload_2019-2-12_18-55-25.png

upload_2019-2-12_18-56-20.png

3. ThatNameGuy

ThatNameGuy Restricted Gold Account

4. lolwarrior

lolwarrior Founder, Brands.International VIP

It has nothing to do with luck....just buy good names for which large pool of end users exists, and that's basically it :)

5. Ostrados

Ostrados Entrepreneur VIP

When I started domaining I thought it is 20% hard work and 80% luck
    Now after I become more experienced I believe it is the opposite!

6. MR Harrist

MR Harrist Established Member

make sense and luck! every business need luck! but in order to optimize luck! u need to have "make sense" stuff! example, if I just regiester some domain, and then I sell the domain for $100 it doesn't make sense! but if I buy bitcoin domain five years ago! for sure I can sell more than $100 and make nice profit! even though, if I sell it right now, probably my luck are not that good! since bitcoin price are begin to drop! :xf.grin:

my point is, we need luck to run biz! but it have to make sense! otherwise we will pay overprice :xf.grin:!
    the idea about biz is not less than buy low sell top! but you cant do that since most ppl are smart! and not like me! i.e not that smart!:xf.grin:

7. karmaco

karmaco Top Member VIP

Looking at dropping names, awful meaningless names continue to get registered year in and year out. So before there can be luck you must have good names and the ability to know what a good name is and what is a bad name.

After you have a good names then and only then can the luck part come into play.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags: