IT.COM

opinion Is Domaining based on pure luck

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

dhyinc

Goldenpass.comEstablished Member
Impact
While we invest in domains, I need your views on whether Domain business is based on pure luck...I understand there are top domains which get buyers, but what about the good domains? is it on luck that a buyer may find you...

what do you think?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
While we invest in domains, I need your views on whether Domain business is based on pure luck...I understand there are top domains which get buyers, but what about the good domains? is it on luck that a buyer may find you...

what do you think?
I attribute my success to common sense, hard work, creativity and a willingness to go against the crowd when you know the crowd has another agenda. Note, my moniker/avitar is appropriately ThatNameGuy™ because I've been NAMING businesses for over 50 years, and I'll continue to do it until the day I die. If you're waiting for a buyer to find you or your domains you won't survive. There's a reason why domainers and brokers only sell 1-2% of their inventory annually, and once you've figured that out, the world is your oyster:xf.wink:

Good Luck CommonSense!

•••
I attribute my success to common sense, hard work, creativity and a willingness to go against the crowd when you know the crowd has another agenda. Note, my moniker/avitar is appropriately ThatNameGuy™ because I've been NAMING businesses for over 50 years, and I'll continue to do it until the day I die. If you're waiting for a buyer to find you or your domains you won't survive. There's a reason why domainers and brokers only sell 1-2% of their inventory annually, and once you've figured that out, the world is your oyster:xf.wink:

Good Luck CommonSense!

I would be more impressed if you would prove your success

maybe you first you want to perform due diligence on what ™ means:

upload_2019-2-12_18-55-25.png

upload_2019-2-12_18-56-20.png

•••
Luck can help

Frank...if you want to know anything about my success or lack thereof you can access my Linkedin profile found under the "information" heading here on NamePros....if you have any questions beyond that I'm extremely approachable...just ask any of the folks who attended NamesCon in nCredibleVegas.

As for the "TM" mark next to domains like ThatNameGuy™, that's to inform you not to mess with me or you might have a problem:xf.wink:...seriously, I own the domain and I have every right to identify it accordingly. I'm pretty familiar with Trademark law in that I actually own registered trademarks for several different companies I started. If I owned a registered trademark for my avitar it would read as follows ThatNameGuy®.

Any more questions Frank?

•••

what do you think?
It has nothing to do with luck....just buy good names for which large pool of end users exists, and that's basically it :)

•••
When I started domaining I thought it is 20% hard work and 80% luck
Now after I become more experienced I believe it is the opposite!

•••
make sense and luck! every business need luck! but in order to optimize luck! u need to have "make sense" stuff! example, if I just regiester some domain, and then I sell the domain for $100 it doesn't make sense! but if I buy bitcoin domain five years ago! for sure I can sell more than $100 and make nice profit! even though, if I sell it right now, probably my luck are not that good! since bitcoin price are begin to drop! :xf.grin:

my point is, we need luck to run biz! but it have to make sense! otherwise we will pay overprice :xf.grin:!
the idea about biz is not less than buy low sell top! but you cant do that since most ppl are smart! and not like me! i.e not that smart!:xf.grin:

•••
Looking at dropping names, awful meaningless names continue to get registered year in and year out. So before there can be luck you must have good names and the ability to know what a good name is and what is a bad name.

After you have a good names then and only then can the luck part come into play.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back