IT.COM

opinion Is Domain Parking Worth It?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

jaydpro

Impact
I've been curious about using domain parking to earn extra money for a while now and as someone who's new to this I ask: How were your past experiences with domain parking? Has it become harder to earn revenue from domain parking now compared to the past? Is it worth getting into?

I understand that one's success comes down to the quality of the domain and keywords.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Aww, come on. I don't understand the fear of HTML, CSS, or even a little JS. They make up the backbones on the web, and I think domainers are missing out if they don't try out development sometime. (Unless you're only in it for the profit and could care less how you spend your time.)

You need to keep the site active to keep Google excited. Fake forums, picture posts, blogs etc, are easy ways to do this, and CMS simplifies things. You can make a forum post in a minute - even using a templater, it takes longer to create a new page with suitable links.

•••
For me its easier simply to park and get constantly 35+ clicks. I think I am not competitive enough to write a mini site about accident attorneys and even if I was, its nearly impossible to rank well for high CPC.
If your domain name has good search engine algorithms, then they are better left alone, make the wrong move and those little basters. will flee.

•••
You need to keep the site active to keep Google excited. Fake forums, picture posts, blogs etc, are easy ways to do this, and CMS simplifies things. You can make a forum post in a minute - even using a templater, it takes longer to create a new page with suitable links.

Of course. But why try to cheat the system when you can get quality content done? It's really people who want to make a quick profit that fall into that trap.

•••
Domain parking is dead. Period. Either that or parking companies are blatantly STEALING money now.

I had a type in typo that always gotten traffic for years. Its at ParkingCrew....

Last month, supposedly no clicks. This month, no traffic....geez.

I am not that bothered because I make my money elsewhere.

These domains I just throw them to a parking company. And the performance is atrocious. It was better (long ago). Its either parking is dead or the companies are stealing more now....

And that is because parking is dying (or dead). And all these "tricks" to make fake pages to get clicks...not working and not going to work.

You either give it your best shot to develop the domain...

Or you don't do it at all.

Last edited:
•••
I read somewhere that Parking actually kills the visibility and domain valuation. Is it true?

•••
My highest click from yesterday. I know its not high CPC click, more like middle CPC, but I bought a domain 2 weeks ago from expireddomains.net list for reg. fee of 8.50 USD. So yeah its harder to find some jewels, but still possible.

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2016-12-28 17:45:59.png
    Screenshot from 2016-12-28 17:45:59.png
    979.4 KB · Views: 30
•••
My highest click from yesterday. I know its not high CPC click, more like middle CPC, but I bought a domain 2 weeks ago from expireddomains.net list for reg. fee of 8.50 USD. So yeah its harder to find some jewels, but still possible.

Parkingcrew or Internettraffic?

•••
Internettraffic. They are top notch for clicks 20 USD and higher.

•••
Internettraffic. They are top notch for clicks 20 USD and higher.

Do you know about getting own domain parking license...? Is that expensive?

•••
Its not about the money, I guess, you would need at least XXX,XXX uniques per day.

•••

8.50 USD - where did you register = drop/handreg? or was this an expired auction (Godaddy)?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back