IT.COM

question-answered Is domain extension helpful for ranking in a specific country?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

jhon7610

Impact
Hello!

I have just made a strategy to make my physical store online.

Now, I don't know how to do this. how to choose a domain extension.

My questions are:
1 - If I choose .com or .co

2 - Will this impact my SEO strategy

3 - Should I Buy all the domain extensions ? for example, My domain is tennismachines . com now I have to buy Tennis machines all extensions? Like, Tennis machines . com .org .co etc?

I want some expert to guide me/

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Hello!

My questions are:

3 - Should I Buy all the domain extensions ? for example, My domain is tennismachines . com now I have to buy Tennis machines all extensions? Like, Tennis machines . com .org .co etc?

Good morning.

You probably should or you run the risk of someone else getting them first, whether by accident or by design. You would probably be safe to not buy the name in the .horse extension or the .boats extension.

Some extensions will be more relevant to you than others and I'd say that you could get the ones necessary for brand protection for maybe $100 or less which is definitely worth considering in the scheme of things.

Good luck with your new venture and may all your troubles be bouncy...boing...boing!!!

Rgrds,

Reddstagg

•••
If you have COM, your concern for the others is less

•••
Hello,

Before talking about SEO, let's say that the general rule is to buy the .com extension especially if you plan for a commercial use " dot com basic meaning" assuming that you can choose a really good domain name.

However, I can't say that buying extensions that make sense like .store, .online, .shop, etc in your particular case is a wrong approach, especially for startups who can get a premium one word domain for a reasonable price in these extensions.

The SEO part:

First
, Google will not give a priority for any website in a specific extension if your other metrics are pretty bad like "bounce rate, time spent on each page, your website navigation structure, responsive and mobile friendly etc ".

Second, some countries really appreciate their own country domain extensions like Canada for example " .Ca extension", it's a very normal thing to see ads featuring a product or a service in the .Ca extension.

Another words, how popular is a domain extension in your country and how often it is used? How many local brands are using this extension in their domain name? That's a very important aspect to consider.

Finally, the success of your brand and your website is a result of many many factors including (content, quality, marketing, customers, reputation and more!).

Wish you all the best!

•••
•••
Good morning.

You probably should or you run the risk of someone else getting them first, whether by accident or by design. You would probably be safe to not buy the name in the .horse extension or the .boats extension.

Some extensions will be more relevant to you than others and I'd say that you could get the ones necessary for brand protection for maybe $100 or less which is definitely worth considering in the scheme of things.

Good luck with your new venture and may all your troubles be bouncy...boing...boing!!!

Rgrds,

Reddstagg
Thank you so much that was really helpful for me.

•••
Owning the .com domain would lessen your worries. Always go for a .com.

•••
Hello!

My questions are:

From my personal SEO experience and actively working with 300+ keywords I can say this

- ccTLD ranks a little better in G00gle.ccTLD.

The rest of the questions are already answered. Always secure .com.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back