IT.COM

Is death around the corner?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

TjKiller

Restricted (Market)
Impact
Two days ago I had a talk with a fellow domainer about the "disappearance" of the voodoo company
Do you guys think their departure indicates that parking is no longer profitable and that it is a consequence of the death of dom. parking?
Do you think, for example, that someday google will take action and end parking forever, for whatever reason?
We also had discuss this jasonburlin.com/the-death-of-ppc-ads and if someday the ppc model will die (which would destroy parking, google adsense, etc.) and give way, for example, to cpa model
I would like to know your opinion about this too and if it is a possibility

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Don't know enough about voodoo. Parking has been dying for years, it couldn't get much worse.

In 2003, I spent 14K on domains and the parking revenue not only covered the cc payment, I pocketed aprox $800 a month. $300 is a good month now.

My only regret is I didn't buy better domains :)

I think zero-click and malware has done more to harm parking that helped domain owners.

Last edited:
•••
In my opinion, parking has bottomed out...meaning the pie will not get sliced up much more. If my pockets were deeper, there are a couple end runs that could be profitable on a small scale but not sure if the plan would work on a large scale.

There was a time if a name did not earn 3x its renewal cost yearly, I let it drop. That, over a couple of years, reduced down to 1x. I've since stopped doing the calculation and only keep names I think I can move in 10 years max.

As far as giggle goes, it wont stay on top forever...no company, business model or civilization does. In time, the monster will likely be broken up...no telling what will emerge from the void.

•••
Parking dead or almost. Monetization still much alive.

•••
•••
Any ideas you can share about monetizing domains?

It depends on the domain. There is no such thing as one method for all domains.

•••
Why you are so obsessed with parking and created 2 threads on the same topic.

•••
Why you are so obsessed with parking and created 2 threads on the same topic.
I'm not obsessed with parking, the truth is that I was thinking about making a 'big' investment and I'm afraid this will end "overnight"

•••
I'm not obsessed with parking, the truth is that I was thinking about making a 'big' investment and I'm afraid this will end "overnight"
If you plan on investing you could buy a site that already makes money from adsense etc and expand it so it makes more money. You could check flippa etc for such opportunities.

•••
If you plan on investing you could buy a site that already makes money from adsense etc and expand it so it makes more money. You could check flippa etc for such opportunities.
The problem(s) is that flippa is full of garbage and I'm afraid that adsense for being a part of the ppc model it will eventually die one day

•••
The problem(s) is that flippa is full of garbage and I'm afraid that adsense for being a part of the ppc model it will eventually die one day

If you have a site with traffic you would plug into a few different sources to monetize. Adsense, Yahoo/Bing, affiliate programs, taboola type ad systems etc.

You want a niche with big payouts unless you have a serious volume of traffic. Really all depends what you have etc. Good domains and sites are not cheap because a lot of investors look for those.

•••

There has been suspicions with Voodoo.

Who knows? Maybe they just disappear.

I’m thankful i use ParkingCrew.

Samer

Last edited:
•••
Just switch from cnn to fox and you will live longer according to stats.

•••
Just switch from cnn to fox and you will live longer according to stats.
just turn off all news and you'll be better off

•••
It’s all a “conspiracy”

Everything is “racist.”

Stay positive, dont be consumed, folks.
Know your source’s bias;
I love AllSides.com (amazing domain too)

Samer

Last edited:
•••
Why not just invest in quality domains and forget about parking?

•••
•••
my parking is not dead
bodis adds to my cryptos every month
like a clock
thank you bodis

•••
Why Voodoo is a benchmark here???
It was always just another parking company.

ParkingCrew and Bodis are the leaders and main players in this field.

Last edited:
•••
So I tried parking some domains with Sedo to see what it's all about.

I got 93 uniques and 23 clicks - 0.27€ earnings. One domain had 13 visitors and 11 clicks - 0.01€ earnings from that!
Absolutely disgusting, this parking.
I also had 1 visit and 1 click from a high CPC domain but it said 0€ earnings and the click got removed. Maybe it was ruled to be a bot somehow.

But all in all, this is actually much worse than I expected.

•••
Only SedoPRO members can get something from their parking, why you waste your time there???

p.s. And their stats is just for fun, ~all bots are counted.

•••
@tjms
You should edit the thread title definitely...
When I see it, my first emotion: COVID19

•••
Only SedoPRO members can get something from their parking, why you waste your time there???

p.s. And their stats is just for fun, ~all bots are counted.

They are now filtering bots / referrer spam.

•••
So I tried parking some domains with Sedo to see what it's all about.

I got 93 uniques and 23 clicks - 0.27€ earnings. One domain had 13 visitors and 11 clicks - 0.01€ earnings from that!
Absolutely disgusting, this parking.
I also had 1 visit and 1 click from a high CPC domain but it said 0€ earnings and the click got removed. Maybe it was ruled to be a bot somehow.

But all in all, this is actually much worse than I expected.

Traffic from outside of North America, Europe does not pay. Ad blockers hurt more than anything.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back