NameLot

Is buying any type of one letter domain worth it?

Labeled as question in Domain Buying and Domain Purchases, started by newdawndomains, Sep 12, 2020

Replies:
Views:

1. newdawndomains

newdawndomains New Member

I have found a number of one letter domains available for purchase, but they're on ccTLDs. Is there any benefit, either now or say five years from now, to owning a one letter TLD like this?

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. bookname

bookname Upgraded Member Gold Account

depend on what ccTLDs you are looking for... example if you own gold.io , or money.io that would be real gold or real money.

3. newdawndomains

I know .io is seen as more valuable than others (along with .co I believe). So, you're saying that something that's a .sc (Seychelles), even if it's a single letter, won't be worth making an investment in?

4. gilescoley

gilescoley Top Member PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Nope, only 1L is strong cctlds are worth it. There are loads of 1 letter names available in obsure extensions.

5. Arfy

Arfy Shrew.com VIP

Some extensions are not worth investing in, especially if the renewal cost is high. If the renewal cost is low then it might be worth a go and holding the domain for a few years to see how things pan out.

A key example is a guy here on Namepros has invested heavily in single letter .company domains and I haven't heard of a single sale yet.

With regards to CCtlds they might have more value than some of the new Gtlds. If it was a popular one like .co.uk, .us, .de, .ca etc then you would have a real winner. You need to judge it on a case by case basis and look at the popularity of the extension, previous sale prices in that extension for similar domains and also renewal costs for owning a single character in that extension.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2020
  6. newdawndomains

Thanks for the intel! That was very helpful.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
biix
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice