IT.COM

Is BrandPa worth trying?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

VJB

Established Member
Impact
Using both BB and SH. Was thinking about BrandPa but not quite sure.
NP's please enlighten me.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You can, but it's definitely tailing behind BB and SQ. I did sell one name there though, just for about $400 (I only have like 7-8 names there and do not submit any new ones).

•••
Hi guys, I see that BrandPa is accepting most of my brandable domains and suggesting me very good selling prices between 1995 and 6995.

I never used that site. Are their price suggestions reliable?
I mean what's the point of suggesting prices too high if they don't think they are gonna sell it. Ofc to create the market on their website, but if they don't sell them is still useless.

So, should I try it or not? Maybe at least for my lowest traffic domains?
Or are Dan and Afternic landers still better in terms of conversion rates?

Thanks!

•••
I have had 17 names on brandpa for 2 months and not sold any. Reduced them all to 1k. Then noticed they had a glitch and they say bargain domains are 1k and under, but they only show them from $999!. I have to wait 30 days until I can reduce them further.

I submitted 10 names to SH and only got one accepted for premium
I submitted a few names to brandbucket a week or two ago and not heard anything.
I have also had names on ebay (fees are crippling), none sold.

I have the rest of my names on sedo, afternic and dan for two months. nothing
Put everything at 1K (all my best names that I feel are worth so much more) and nothing.

I will just wait and see what happens, but think I will concentrate my time on sedo, afternic and dan as they dont have upfront fees or a long wait to get approved

•••
I have sold 1- two word brandable domain for low x,xxx and all process was very smooth!
Now great thing is you can list domains pointed to brandpa on any marketplaces also but price should be the same as at bp or higher!
After their update I see many started offers on my domains in statistic analytics but these offers are started only but not submitted by potential buyers. The problem is - I have more than 10 started offers on many my domains and not any offer was submitted for my consideration! Also I can see some domains were added to checkout but also not submitted!

I contacted BP support and they asked me to share domains with these statistics (the problem is - approx. all my domains submitted there (more than 20) have this high started offers statistics and I provided these domains to them! More than 10 days I not received any reply from them!

Now I am afraid to add more domains to BP at this moment!

•••
I have sold 1- two word brandable domain for low x,xxx and all process was very smooth!
Now great thing is you can list domains pointed to brandpa on any marketplaces also but price should be the same as at bp or higher!
After their update I see many started offers on my domains in statistic analytics but these offers are started only but not submitted by potential buyers. The problem is - I have more than 10 started offers on many my domains and not any offer was submitted for my consideration! Also I can see some domains were added to checkout but also not submitted!

I contacted BP support and they asked me to share domains with these statistics (the problem is - approx. all my domains submitted there (more than 20) have this high started offers statistics and I provided these domains to them! More than 10 days I not received any reply from them!

Now I am afraid to add more domains to BP at this moment!
Cool! Congratulations 👏
Did you listed them with standard or premium listing?

•••
Cool! Congratulations 👏
Did you listed them with standard or premium listing?
Premium option hasn't been at that moment if I am correct! I paid fees for listing, pointed nameservers to brandpa and had logo on that domain! Was skeptical from beginning!

•••
•••
•••
This is what I am trying to do, to list my domains on BrandPa. But I submitted important questions to them 3 days ago, and I still haven't received any response.

In contrast, I contacted Squadhelp multiple times as a seller and they always solved most of my cases under 5 minutes (even on weekends, or during the night), or in maximum 1 day.

Does anyone know how to get a response from the BrandPa support?

•••
Brandpa was pretty good for a few years. Then they just cared about automating everything. It should be called Botpa now. It certainly made me think what on earth are they actually doing to earn 25% of my profit? I feel that way about all the brandable markets not just them.

Their communication can suck but they used to reply to emails within 24- 48 hours. They do not reply on the weekend unless its a major thing.

•••
Brandpa was pretty good for a few years. Then they just cared about automating everything. It should be called Botpa now. It certainly made me think what on earth are they actually doing to earn 25% of my profit? I feel that way about all the brandable markets not just them.

Their communication can suck but they used to reply to emails within 24- 48 hours. They do not reply on the weekend unless its a major thing.

I like their website design and the design of their landing pages a lot. Actually if you compare the BrandPa website to other marketplaces, it is hard to find a better-looking alternative. For some reason most marketplaces want to save money on proper webdesign :)

Automation is a good thing if everything works properly, but if not then you need human intervention...

Brandable marketplaces can be good because not every customer has a domain name in mind, and they come to marketplaces to perform keyword searches. Without a marketplace you can't reach such customers. It is worth paying the higher commission if the marketplace can generate enough extra traffic in addition to the existing type-in traffic.

Could you please visit the BrandPa website and try their "how to pronounce this domain name" feature? It isn't working for me (I can't hear anything), I tried it with Firefox and Google Chrome, latest versions, javascript enabled, sound enabled (Linux operating system).

•••
I like their website design and the design of their landing pages a lot. Actually if you compare the BrandPa website to other marketplaces, it is hard to find a better-looking alternative. For some reason most marketplaces want to save money on proper webdesign :)

Automation is a good thing if everything works properly, but if not then you need human intervention...

Brandable marketplaces can be good because not every customer has a domain name in mind, and they come to marketplaces to perform keyword searches. Without a marketplace you can't reach such customers. It is worth paying the higher commission if the marketplace can generate enough extra traffic in addition to the existing type-in traffic.

Could you please visit the BrandPa website and try their "how to pronounce this domain name" feature? It isn't working for me (I can't hear anything), I tried it with Firefox and Google Chrome, latest versions, javascript enabled, sound enabled (Linux operating system).
Its not working for me either 🤷‍♂️

•••
Could you please visit the BrandPa website and try their "how to pronounce this domain name" feature?
It works fine for me (I tried with Fox and Chrome)

Last edited:
•••
It works fine for me (I tried with Fox and Chrome)
I am on Ubuntu Linux, maybe that is the issue.

However this same feature works for me on other websites (to play sound upon clicking a button), of course the Firefox and Chrome browsers can play sound even on Linux.

This feature should work on all major browsers on all operating systems, it is a standard HTML5 feature to play a sound.

For example: https://www.w3schools.com/html/html5_audio.asp

This linked example works for me, it is a built-in feature in HTML5, every web browser supports this without any plugins or javascript.

Last edited:
•••
I have been waiting for their response for 7 days now...
I think I should just list these domains on Squadhelp as standard listings.

•••
I have been waiting for their response for 7 days now...
I think I should just list these domains on Squadhelp as standard listings.

8 days was not enough for BrandPa to respond... I even sent them bug reports, they don't care about these issues I guess.

In the end I listed these domains on Squadhelp as standard listings. I realized that the Squadhelp standard listings offer more features than BrandPa for lower commission. And Squadhelp offers nonstop support to sellers, unlike BrandPa.

So this is my experience with BrandPa.

You can compare the features, fees and commissions here:

BrandPa: https://brandpa.com/sellers

Squadhelp:
https://helpdesk.squadhelp.com/en/articles/4466451-what-are-standard-and-premium-listings
https://helpdesk.squadhelp.com/en/articles/4489499-what-is-exposure-upgrade-for-standard-listings

•••
Big update regarding BrandPa, they still haven't responded to my support request, however they have finally fixed the VAT issue: now if the customer is from an EU country, then now it is possible to enter a valid EU VAT number during the checkout. And EU customers with a valid EU VAT numbers will pay 0% VAT! Previously all EU customers had to pay 20% UK VAT because the "EU VAT number" field was missing on the checkout page.

So this is a huge fix, this was my main issue with BrandPa.

Now please fix the "how to pronounce" feature, because that is still not working.

Then I might add some domains to test how much extra traffic can BrandPa generate in addition to the existing type-in traffic.

•••
Now please fix the "how to pronounce" feature, because that is still not working.
The feature still works fine for me, so I don`t think the fault lies with BP

•••
Update: I heard back from the BrandPa support, you just have to be patient. They have fixed that major bug regarding the forced 20% UK VAT, now there is no VAT if the customer enters a valid EU VAT number.

•••
I sold 1 name in total before the COVID, and they also came in with a buyer offer, after negotiation the sales failed

I feel Brandpa trying to accept and list as many names as possible, they seem don't care too much about the quality.....I list 100-200 names but just sold 1...

•••
I found another bug, SSL certificates are missing. So let's say you list example.com on BrandPa, then https://example.com won't work, only http://example.com. So if existing links point to https://example.com then that traffic won't be redirected to the BrandPa landing page, but the browser will throw an SSL error instead.

•••
I found another bug, SSL certificates are missing. So let's say you list example.com on BrandPa, then https://example.com won't work, only http://example.com. So if existing links point to https://example.com then that traffic won't be redirected to the BrandPa landing page, but the browser will throw an SSL error instead.

Now their support was fast, they confirmed to me that they are working on fixing this bug, it is on their to-do list.

•••
Hey there, I listed 2 months ago a bunch of domains on BrandPa. I priced them as suggested by their AI.

Do you think their suggested prices are reasonable or not?

Also, I noticed that none of my 20 domains has ever been favorite by someone.

Do you have the same issue?

On SquadHelp instead, I've got many people that have favorite my domains.

Thanks

•••
Hey there, I listed 2 months ago a bunch of domains on BrandPa. I priced them as suggested by their AI.

Do you think their suggested prices are reasonable or not?

Also, I noticed that none of my 20 domains has ever been favorite by someone.

Do you have the same issue?

On SquadHelp instead, I've got many people that have favorite my domains.

Thanks
Don't trust their AI, it is simply an automated appraisal, it is like using GoDaddy appraisals or something similar.

There is no button for the buyers to "like" a domain, where do you see these "like" or "favorite" buttons? I can't see any.

•••
Back