IT.COM

information Is Afternic/GoDaddy suffering technical issues?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Is anybody else experiencing problems and glitches with Afternic/Godaddy listings? or is it just me

I am also having a problem updating DNSs

Check your 'pending review' box.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Is anybody else experiencing problems and glitches with Afternic/Godaddy listings? or is it just me

It's not just you. They both seemed to be plagued with issues today.
I thought it was just another manic Monday...until I realized it was Tuesday.
Glitches galore. I found the checkout issues to be the worst though.

•••

Yes, for listings within the past week. I have been trying to list the domain d.esq and the DNS won’t resolve to their landers. Neither Godaddy support nor Afternic support has been able to resolve it.

•••
In case anyone else is specifically having issues getting new domains to resolve when pointed to Afternic nameservers here is what I received from Afternic support:

“It appears that the issue is caused by the lack of an SSL when changing your domain nameservers to any @afternic.com nameserver sets. Currently, we are working on a solution to have the issue fixed, however, we are not able to advise when exactly this is expected to be deployed.”

They recommend temporarily using Dan nameservers and landers.

•••
Thank you,

Seems things are back to normal at Afternic.

•••
@Domo Sapiens - yep, there has been an issue with domains going into In Review status at Afternic. Glad this is back to normal for you!

•••
Where were you when this started last week? (or even earlier)

It's sad we have to resort to domain forums to find information... (way after the fact)

•••
•••
Where were you when this started last week? (or even earlier)

It's sad we have to resort to domain forums to find information... (way after the fact)

There was a specific issue around domains entering "Pending Review" status this week: - that's what I thought you were referring to. Domains do go into the review status on Afternic if they're triggered by the system - this can be for a few reasons. If domains have been in review for a while, I recommend contacting support or your account manager (if you have one) about the names.

I've got a couple of domains in review myself at the moment!

As for the DNS, feel free to DM me

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
Resend your email stating problems to [email protected]
Wow.. so amazing. Afternic support replied within 10 minutes and the issue was resolved. So reporting through the Afternic website is a waste of time, 4 days without a response. Again, thanks @ultradog !

•••
There is a major problem ongoing. Very hard to even communicate this to GD, their Tier 1 support literally was not able to simply check my domain and verfiy what I was seeing.

I did a bulk NS change on Uni prior to migration. Realized one domain need Cloudflare....set the nameservers post-migration to GD three days ago.

Still have not been set.

Over this bs. Unacceptable a company of this size with customer support like this, not to mention a destructive problem like this going on for days without any announcement or remedy.

Last edited:
•••
Yep.

Some domains are showing the wrong sales landing page... problem is you have to check them one by one and then move/point them somewhere else...

•••
Yep.

Some domains are showing the wrong sales landing page... problem is you have to check them one by one and then move/point them somewhere else...

Hey, can you DM me a few examples of those domain names? I'd like to check in on them.

•••
I was always really happy with Afternic and support, but have three ongoing issues right now and am not impressed with the response,

Missing Payments - had payment set for ACH to my bank for two sales. Never received funds. Then they tell me they sent to PayPal - they didn’t. Now they tell me they sent ACH, and to check with my bank. They didn’t provide me any kind of transaction number, so of course, the bank says it was never received. They are not doing any due diligence to track these payments.

Domains listed in other accounts - use to send them an email through the support form and they would delete so I could add to my account. Now they just give canned responses about verification, even though I am using the verification nameserver code for all of them.

Domains in review- every domain I add from a different registrar is going into review and staying there. Even though this registrar (Dynadot) is directly connected to Afternic now.

Not sure what is going on, but things have definitely changed for the worse there.

•••
There is a major problem ongoing. Very hard to even communicate this to GD, their Tier 1 support literally was not able to simply check my domain and verfiy what I was seeing.

I did a bulk NS change on Uni prior to migration. Realized one domain need Cloudflare....set the nameservers post-migration to GD three days ago.

Still have not been set.

Over this bs. Unacceptable a company of this size with customer support like this, not to mention a destructive problem like this going on for days without any announcement or remedy.
Support was great here on forums, not the best on GD site, but in the end was a cloudflare issue. Everything looks fine, but your domain will get wiped and unprotected from CF on NS change. Sounds obvious but not, especially when working with tunnels in ZeroTrust .

•••
Back