IT.COM

Is Afternic best for "buy now" or "make offer".

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I really haven't taken advantage of Afternic for sometime. While listing names recently..I got offers literally in the middle of listing names. I was listing 50 names at a time so the offers came from the first set. I countered the offers and I haven't heard back a thing...

The names are currently listed at "buy now". I made sure names are not overpriced etc,,
I have no sales yet... and I don't expect it overnight.

But I am still curious to know you experience?
What works?
what price range?

Is make offer best and at what starting price($20, $250 etc)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think even when you put Buy Now, Make Offer is still available on afternic.
in SEDO however you have to choose one of the options.

•••
Yeah, I realize that, but once you at a "buy now" price.. only the "buy now" button shows up on marketplaces. atleast on Goddady.

•••
Yeah, I realize that, but once you at a "buy now" price.. only the "buy now" button shows up on marketplaces. atleast on Goddady.
Hmm, , that is your question.

OK, I guess for DLS too same rules apply as normal afternic listing. Buy Now for low value and clear valuation domains. For others Make offer.

•••
You can do both in Sedo as well, just look under sale settings. (y)

As for OP, BIN seems to do better than make offer, at least in my experience.

•••
•••
I think if you set your buy now, min offer and floor price as the same, it acts as a pure BIN listing! I recollect Joe Styler mentioning this somewhere but am not inclined to go hunting for it right now!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back