Dynadot

Is Adam Dicker a criminal? You decide.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

S-B

Account Closed
Impact
This story starts with DNF; a barren wasteland that once was a leading forum within the domain industry. While the forum itself played a huge role in propagating the myth that is Adam Dicker, the story really begins with DNF College in the summer of 2011.

Read More

Updates / Reports
These are in no particular order.

From what I understand, Adam still owes north of $33,000 to previous customers and business partners. As I receive more information, I will update this figure.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Why should people who were screwed just "move on"? As far as I know Adam has not made it right with all the people he owes money to.

The question is more to do with intent and deception, not to do with some good faith effort that failed.

His credibility in this field is shot. His past will continue to haunt him, for good reason.
Maybe Adam should be the one who "moves on"...to another field.

Brad

because sticking to the "Adam Cause" binds their energy

•••
•••
You're both correct.

Learn the bitter lesson and move on but never forget what he has done.

He doesn't seem to have changed his modus operandi and I agree that the warning flags should stay raised for this one.

Lessons learned by most people over the age of 25:
1. Don't 'work' for free unless it's sweat equity and you are aware of point number 2.
2. Ask yourself if you can walk away and forget it if it fails. Most joint ventures do.
3. Get a signed contract to get paid for work or treat it like buying a lottery ticket.

•••
MasterOfMyDomains: He still never paid me, ins spite of his last promises. He finally stopped responding.
:
Helmuts: your post is ridiculous and insulting to those of us that were "taken". We tried all the "grown up" approaches. Adam holds the money, resides in a different country than most (all?) of his victims, and there is no leverage to make him respond. Further, his consistent failed promises, followed by hiding, make it obvious that he is not sincere about making things right. Now, I fully recognize that I made the mistake of trusting someone (based on a false public reputation he had created). When I was dealing with him to build my site, I asked for a contract, but he said he "didn't do contracts" -- red flag that, were it not for the credibility of his public persona, would have stopped me from proceeding. I made those bad judgements thinking that the other person was as credible and sincere and honest as I am. If he had been, or has since become so, then I would either have the site he committed to, or have my money back now. I've tried the "GROWN-UP" approach, but it doesn't work if only one of us is acting grown up.
:
What is striking to me is that most of us victims are more embarrassed that we fell for this than he is embarrassed to have taken us.
:
Of course, if he waits long enough, inflation will make his debts truly pocket change and he can pay it off and claim he's redeemed himself :)
:
If you're giving Adam a new livestream platform, giving him credibility while knowing his past, perhaps you can open another livestream to fill with an associate of Bernie Madoff to discuss new financial investments.
Don't worry about it. It's only money! - money can buy you medicine, but money can't buy you health. Stay healthy is number one. You can make money back when you are healthy. You can't work/make any money when you are sick.

money can't buy you happiness, contentment is the key to happiness.

•••
Success does not lead to happiness but happiness leads to success. - Heard this somewhere and thought that since we are throwing quotes around might as well chime in. I think both can be true, you can let go of bitterness and anger while at the same time hold accountable someone who cheated you. Would be wonderful if AD could address the concerns and help to put the matter to rest at least in the public arena. This is tiresome. Otherwise the cinder will continue to glow. Not good for the community.

•••
Well, it seems that Adam Dicker and Helmut enjoy "playing" with people. After my prior post, Helmuts PM'd me (7/26) to offer to help me by talking to Adam on my behalf. I agreed to his help. On 7/27, he told me he'd "just had a chat with Adam" and asked that I email Adam. I sent an email to Adam, blind copying Helmuts (Helmuts@*********.com). Adam responded to my email, promising to call me that Friday (7/29). And he kept that promise and I spoke to him on Friday. On the call he was cordial and promised to send the money to me by the following Friday (8/05/22). In subsequent exchanges, I told him that Venmo or Paypal would be fine. He quickly responded that Venmo isn't allowed in Canada. I responded that Paypal, or any other method, would be fine. That was the last I heard from him, despite follow-up emails from me on 8/16 and 8/25. I wrote to Helmuts on NP 8/30 to ask if he knew this and/or was "in on it". Then I sent Helmets an email on 9/20 asking the same. No further word from Adam or Helmuts.

Many of you will think I'm making a fool of myself. Frankly, I'm not upset about this, just disappointed to see that Adam has no shame to try to "rub my face" in my prior trust of him. I didn't really fall for it this time, but I thought it was worth a try to see if he had any sincerity or truth in him. Unfortunately, this reflects on Helmets as well, as it seems he was enjoying the joke all along, and continues to feature Adam in his work.

I may have been naive, but I was honest and upright in my dealings. God will deal with Adam and Helmuts as He determines is appropriate. Hopefully, He will be merciful.

I am posting so others will know the character of those involved (I am not hurt if you chide or ridicule me in this).

•••
Well, it seems that Adam Dicker and Helmut enjoy "playing" with people. After my prior post, Helmuts PM'd me (7/26) to offer to help me by talking to Adam on my behalf. I agreed to his help. On 7/27, he told me he'd "just had a chat with Adam" and asked that I email Adam. I sent an email to Adam, blind copying Helmuts (Helmuts@*********.com). Adam responded to my email, promising to call me that Friday (7/29). And he kept that promise and I spoke to him on Friday. On the call he was cordial and promised to send the money to me by the following Friday (8/05/22). In subsequent exchanges, I told him that Venmo or Paypal would be fine. He quickly responded that Venmo isn't allowed in Canada. I responded that Paypal, or any other method, would be fine. That was the last I heard from him, despite follow-up emails from me on 8/16 and 8/25. I wrote to Helmuts on NP 8/30 to ask if he knew this and/or was "in on it". Then I sent Helmets an email on 9/20 asking the same. No further word from Adam or Helmuts.

Many of you will think I'm making a fool of myself. Frankly, I'm not upset about this, just disappointed to see that Adam has no shame to try to "rub my face" in my prior trust of him. I didn't really fall for it this time, but I thought it was worth a try to see if he had any sincerity or truth in him. Unfortunately, this reflects on Helmets as well, as it seems he was enjoying the joke all along, and continues to feature Adam in his work.

I may have been naive, but I was honest and upright in my dealings. God will deal with Adam and Helmuts as He determines is appropriate. Hopefully, He will be merciful.

I am posting so others will know the character of those involved (I am not hurt if you chide or ridicule me in this).

Are you sure the Helmuts is not Adam?

Or are they two crooks with the same criminal mindest and inability to tell the truth about anything?

•••
•••

.. I hadn't been here for months, and hadn't read your pm.

thank you for publicly assuming that I am playing you and people :/ .. tried helping you and connected to Adam (what I did).. I am busy with my main business and simply do not have the time nor energy resources to check up if 2 parties follow up to their promises.

Last edited:
•••
Are you sure the Helmuts is not Adam?

Or are they two crooks with the same criminal mindest and inability to tell the truth about anything?

What are you saying about me, please?

•••

thank you for publicly assuming that I am playing you and people :/ .. tried helping you and connected to Adam (what I did).. I am busy with my main business and simply do not have the time nor energy resources to check up if 2 parties follow up to their promises.
If I have wrongly associated you as being "in on the play", then I am truly sorry. You didn't respond to my 9/20 email directly to you (which had the details and asked if you knew of it) and, as you had told me you regularly talk to Adam, that was my conclusion.

•••
If I have wrongly associated you as being "in on the play", then I am truly sorry. You didn't respond to my 9/20 email directly to you (which had the details and asked if you knew of it) and, as you had told me you regularly talk to Adam, that was my conclusion.

apology accepted.

... I am done trying to help people :/ ... f**** this place. .. deleting my account.. doing 1 last livestream tonight (will help out a truly nice domainer to spread the word he urgently needs right now).

•••
Last edited:
•••
apology accepted.

... I am done trying to help people :/ ... f**** this place. .. deleting my account.. doing 1 last livestream tonight (will help out a truly nice domainer to spread the word he urgently needs right now).
Yeah, do us a favor and delete it.
You are now forever associated with dicker people.
Nice domainer!!! Give us a break man.

•••

Seriously - Who cares about your drivel - Anyone associated with Dicker is a scammer as far as I am concerned, and good riddance..

•••
I doubt it friend, unless Shane here has something "solid" to backup his allegations against Adam.

PS: Does the word trolling comes to anyone's mind here?
Not sure but I read the article and something about a deal where if some rich guy didn't monetize some other rich guy's domains, the other rich guy would inherit 2 of the first rich guy's million dollar domains or something, and I lost interest. Felt like I was being trolled. Don't know the whole story, stopped reading.

•••
Back