IT.COM

Is Adam Dicker a criminal? You decide.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

S-B

Account Closed
Impact
This story starts with DNF; a barren wasteland that once was a leading forum within the domain industry. While the forum itself played a huge role in propagating the myth that is Adam Dicker, the story really begins with DNF College in the summer of 2011.

Read More

Updates / Reports
These are in no particular order.

From what I understand, Adam still owes north of $33,000 to previous customers and business partners. As I receive more information, I will update this figure.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Wow, it's amazing that all the old DomainSherpa.com portfolio reviews and other shows that even contained Adam Dicker in them are now deleted from DomainSherpa.com.

How many others here feel that it's wrong for Michael Cyger to have taken this action without explaining to DomainSherpa.com audience members WHY he decided to take this action after his show continually idolized and merchandized Adam Dicker as a "Domain Sherpa" to its thousands of viewers for so long?

Granted, Michael was duped just like the rest of us -- potentially the one individual most egregiously duped by Adam Dicker -- so we can certainly understand his embarrassment. Still, making a video or post explaining his feelings and why he took such extreme action as to delete all old shows that featured Adam Dicker (will they be reposted once all promotional elements of Adam's company are deleted?) seems warranted. It certainly feels missing at this point, and is potentially hurtful to the DomainSherpa brand.

•••
Wow, it's amazing that all the old DomainSherpa.com portfolio reviews and other shows that even contained Adam Dicker in them are now deleted from DomainSherpa.com.

How many others here feel that it's wrong for Michael Cyger to have taken this action without explaining to DomainSherpa.com audience members WHY he decided to take this action after his show continually idolized and merchandized Adam Dicker as a "Domain Sherpa" to its thousands of viewers for so long?

Granted, Michael was duped just like the rest of us -- potentially the one individual most egregiously duped by Adam Dicker -- so we can certainly understand his embarrassment. Still, making a video or post explaining his feelings and why he took such extreme action as to delete all old shows that featured Adam Dicker (will they be reposted once all promotional elements of Adam's company are deleted?) seems warranted. It certainly feels missing at this point, and is potentially hurtful to the DomainSherpa brand.

He’s done it to shield himself legally. Remember that he’s been advertising Adam’s services for years and that makes him responsible too(legally speaking). It’s just a defensive position in case of a class action lawsuit. He would argue that he wasn’t aware of anything at all, cutting all lies with Adam businesses the moment he finds out.

•••
4. Today, WebInvestments stopped posting. Instead, a new account appeared: WPM. "Web Portfolio Management". "Web xxx" again? Seriously??

Yes... seriously.

Let me be absolutely clear. I am new to NP. You have an issue with that?

I have said that I do know A.D. from chat and phone calls. Never exchanged any money for services.

To be CLEARER, after being disgusted with the way the D.Sherpa videos potrayed Domaining as ezpz, and posted on D.S. for them to be a bit more realistic as to what it does involve, $$$$$. He reached out and we started speaking.

I have been lucky to be able to maintain a portfolio of +- a thousand domains for about 10 years. (of course that is cumlative over time). Hit hard times dues family emergancies and asked A.D. to broker any domains in my portfolio he thought would fetch good $$$ asap. Unfortunately, nothing ever transpired.

And may I add, if he would have sold a domain for me, I would have been grateful as hell. To go one further, if he had a bite on one of my domains and sold it... still no problem. I would be grateful.

That doesn't mean I would have endorsed any nefarios actions and still don't .

I am still a regular guy trying to make a living. ;)

Next issue below.

Thanks for your reply.

But I don't belive I condoned any nefarious actions.

I am not sure if he owed you money... but had he not have to pay another millionaire first... you may have been whole by now.

All I am pointing out is that "carrying debt or credit" between businesses is common practice and it should have been last on the list so the little guy got paid first.

Sorry you have an issue with my statement.

Regards,

WPM

A reply to my comment was...

Considering Adam has done interviews where he has said he's a multi-millionaire and has a portfolio of domains worth over $200,000,000 dollars, how is him having to pay another millionaire $xx,xxx that he is owed have anything to do with him not having enough money in the bank to pay back those who are looking for a smaller amount of $xxx-$xxxx to be refunded. It's all chump change to Adam.

At 26:30 (or 11 minutes and 9 seconds into the convo)....
Interviewer: You made boatloads of money and I think you had said you were worth $200 million
Adam: My portfolio was evaluated at that awhile ago but it's worth more now.

https://www.listenmoneymatters.com/better-know-a-millionaire-with-adam-dicker/
-July 2015

You are right. However, values and evaluations are matters of opinion, no matter what the subject.

I have had many tell me my domains weren't worth reg fees just by looking at the name. But if they don't have in their mind what I am thinking development wise... therein lies the issue.

And further more, just because you own something that may be considered of value, the value has to be shared between to parties for an agreement for a sale.

Just like us, if we could flip a switch and sell any domain we wanted to in 10 minutes and make a profit... we wouldn't be here trying to sell.

My opinion stands... F.S. SHOULD NOT have demnded his money immediately. He was not a "victim" in my eyes. He had the means to allow A.D. to make things right sooner.

I am not defending A.D., just voicing my opinion of how I think ONE person could have helped the situation by not demanding money that may not have made an immediate impact on his life or business.

Thank you for your replies.

Regards,

WPM

•••
My opinion stands... F.S. SHOULD NOT have demnded his money immediately. He was not a "victim" in my eyes. He had the means to allow A.D. to make things right sooner.

I'm pretty sure Adam Dicker's debt was actually to Frank's company Uniregistry, as he sent Adam Dicker a tweet asking him to contact the Uniregistry billing department. That is money presumably that AD had run up on account.

Forget about how much FS is worth, if a business extends credit terms and repayment is not made on time then they need to take action to get their money to settle the account.

But this point that you keep hammering about Frank getting his money instead of other victims is a moot point. Adam took their money and it wasn't his money to spend until he'd delivered the promised goods or services. Don't forget that. It is Adam Dicker who has decided to settle the debt with FS but not others, probably because he was playing the percentage game and has settled with the person most likely to see him in court.

If Adam Dicker has spent money that he doesn't have, or spent money which he has taken without providing the promised goods or services, then that is entirely his fault and I fail to see how it is that Frank Schilling should be blamed for that in any way, shape or form. His business was just another in a long line of people owed money, their net worth is irrelevant, they were or are owed money.

Last edited:
•••
If Adam Dicker is willing to screw over those close to him whom worked with him for years who else is he willing to screw over? imgur.com/a/JGyBX

•••
I'm pretty sure Adam Dicker's debt was actually to Frank's company Uniregistry, as he sent Adam Dicker a tweet asking him to contact the Uniregistry billing department. That is money presumably that AD had run up on account.

Forget about how much FS is worth, if a business extends credit terms and repayment is not made on time then they need to take action to get their money to settle the account.

But this point that you keep hammering about Frank getting his money instead of other victims is a moot point. Adam took their money and it wasn't his money to spend until he'd delivered the promised goods or services. Don't forget that. It is Adam Dicker who has decided to settle the debt with FS but not others, probably because he was playing the percentage game and has settled with the person most likely to see him in court.

If Adam Dicker has spent money that he doesn't have, or spent money which he has taken without providing the promised goods or services, then that is entirely his fault and I fail to see how it is that Frank Schilling should be blamed for that in any way, shape or form. His business was just another in a long line of people owed money, their net worth is irrelevant, they were or are owed money.

Your point is valid. However, as I said and you did as well. Businesses doing business. Millions of businesses cary debt and credits between them. It's a vital part in doing business.

We don't know the terms they agreed on. For all we know F.S. may have seen the post and decided to collect immediately. And, he would have a right to.

I am just stating that it could have played out in a different manner.

Thanks for your reply.

•••
FS would have had no reason to believe that it was an either/or situation, and neither did anybody else, because Adam Dicker claims to have a net worth of $200m and has stated in this thread that he is not insolvent. Why would anybody have previously had reason to believe that a "five figure" debt to FS would leave him incapable of paying other debts? Besides, if you are insolvent you are legally required to file bankruptcy, remember that also. The ball is in the court of those owed money though, they will need to file a claim, because it is clear now that Adam Dicker simply isn't paying.

•••
Let me be absolutely clear. I am new to NP. You have an issue with that?

Your "newness" to NP was not what I pointed out. Rather, it was the time you chose to create your account.

I have been lucky to be able to maintain a portfolio of +- a thousand domains for about 10 years. (of course that is cumlative over time). Hit hard times dues family emergancies and asked A.D. to broker any domains in my portfolio he thought would fetch good $$$ asap. Unfortunately, nothing ever transpired.

And may I add, if he would have sold a domain for me, I would have been grateful as hell. To go one further, if he had a bite on one of my domains and sold it... still no problem. I would be grateful.

That doesn't mean I would have endorsed any nefarios actions and still don't .

I am still a regular guy trying to make a living. ;)

Thank you for the details.

You "appeared" to have a lot of Canadian domains - I didn't look closely - I should have. Also, you created an account and commented after the thread was 70+ pages long. I wondered about your motivation for doing so.
There were some more reasons, which I'd keep to myself - in case another shill appears.

I looked at this more closely. Sorry for clubbing you along with Adam & WebInvestments.

I am not sure whether Adam is in contact with you about this situation, but I will take your word for it.

•••
Your "newness" to NP was not what I pointed out. Rather, it was the time you chose to create your account.

My "newness" to NP was because when I touched base with A.D. about a week and a half ago he mentioned what was happening. So, out of curiosity I came, I read, and posted "my opinions" on the matter. Clearly stating I never condoned the actions he was accused of. How he handles it has no bearing on me.

That being said, if he contacts me and says he has a buyer for a domain I own, considering escrows etc and business is business, I would still be a grateful guy.

I looked at this more closely. Sorry for clubbing you along with Adam & WebInvestments.

I appreciate your comment.

I must add, I petsonally do not know many of you here... Webinvestments included. I am always for a reasonable, rational conversation. I have no issues of anyone expressing opinions, however, inflamatory remarks to be made by someone with no "personal involvement" should not be the norm.

If were a victim, I'd be spewing my arse off, most likely even more so than those who have issues.

Well unless F.S. wants to share that info, ie: net terms etc... we'll never know.

Point being, F.S. no full well the value of A.D. domains as I remember A.D. stating on D.S. shows about the new platform etc., which with however many domains, helps F.S.'s parking and sales platform. F.S.could have easily taken domains as payment. Quite farnkly, that's the business he's in. You get my drift? F.S. may have made out better in the long run taking ownership of a portion of A.D.'s potfolio.

As a "domain buisness man", to me, would seem a better yield.

Thank you for your replies.

Regards,

WPM

•••
idk if anything is going on behind the scenes, but it appears AD has left this "witch hunt" (his words, not mine) without clearing up the majority of the complaints.
Is there more, SB, or has whatever part 2 was about already been breeched by other members?

Peace,
Cy

•••
idk if anything is going on behind the scenes, but it appears AD has left this "witch hunt" (his words, not mine) without clearing up the majority of the complaints.
Is there more, SB, or has whatever part 2 was about already been breeched by other members?

Peace,
Cy

There's more but I'm waiting to see how tis plays out.

If I drop the bomb... no one is getting paid.

Let's hope for the best.

•••
There has been NO mention of this thread or Adam's problems on the facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/domaincollege/ since this all was brought to light.

I am not a "Shill" or an employee, but I also do not detest Adam. That being said, here is a dialog I had with him several days ago - I'm sorry to say that nothing has happened as promised. The thread has been posted in the order it was sent (we are in different time zones) - and I redacted the last names and email addresses, except for Adam's, which is common knowledge.

I brought this up with Adam because I did not believe that a lot of people, like me, who are in the Domain Name College facebook group, and who have real, legitimate complaints, were aware of the current situation.

I am but a flea on the back of the big domaining dogs. This will most certainly get me banned from the 'college' group - but so be it. I think I was very direct with Adam, and nothing happened. That makes me feel betrayed and minimized.
---------------
Sent: October 13, 2015 7:50 PM
To: Adam Dicker <[email protected]>
Subject: support
Adam,
I am trying to give you the benefit of the doubt on Namepros. Any thought to a post on the domain college facebook page? I know it is a thorny issue – but it has been SILENT there for days!
I do not think you are an evil or devious person – I would certainly say over-extended – and out of control though.
Count me in as a friend – and I hope you make it through this rough spot.
Randy
randysdomains.com
Sent: Tuesday, October 13, 2015 6:52 PM
To: 'Randy'
Subject: RE: support
Ok I get it, was just unclear.
I am posting video tomorrow and will find a way to deal with it there.
I don’t want to send everyone there that has no issues.
-----------------------
Sent: Tuesday, October 13, 2015 7:13 PM
To: Randy
Subject: Re: support
I will be very clear tomorrow
-----------------------
On Oct 13, 2015 8:11 PM,
Randywrote:
Adam, it seems to me that most complaints originate there,
--------------------
ok. do not mean to be a pain
Randy
------------------
This communication thread may be a bit unclear because it was between email and phone mail, but it makes me sad. I never wanted to be a whistle blower. I think that some of the information imparted to the group WAS valuable. I know many other members had very high hopes to find profitable niches for their domains.

Adam posted a video to the group yesterday, and did not address the complaints. I am posting this because I thought he had promised to address this issue by "I will be very clear tomorrow".

A personal comment to Adam - Sorry my friend. It's not personal - it's about promises and following through on commitments.

•••
Do I lose trophies if I get "Disliked". ;)

•••
To be CLEARER, after being disgusted with the way the D.Sherpa videos potrayed Domaining as ezpz, and posted on D.S. for them to be a bit more realistic as to what it does involve, $$$$$. He reached out and we started speaking.

Regards,

WPM

WPM,

You are a perfect example of someone that doesn't know what they are doing. You say you have 1,000 domains and have been domain investing for 10 years and you don't have enough names in a portfolio that big to drum up $10,000 or more? You need Adam Dicker to help you?

Domain Investing has been EZPZ if you paid attention to the market of domains. You could have essentially purchased anything 6 letters or numbers and under and made tens of thousands of dollars if you have been investing that long. You almost couldn't get it wrong. I completely screwed up from 2007 to 2009 and still managed to turn $1000 into six figures....in my spare time. And it was EZPZ.

That's where so many people make a mistake. Who cares how many domains you have. The importance is the quality. And if you can't liquidate half your portfolio for some amount of money then your portfolio needs addressing. A broker only maximizes your sale price. You shouldn't need one to help you sell it.

Synopsis: WPM you're doing it wrong and you actually do need to watch some of DomainSherpa's interviews. Some is BS but there is a lot of good data and info there.

•••
There's more but I'm waiting to see how tis plays out.

If I drop the bomb... no one is getting paid.

Let's hope for the best.

Shane you just said what I've told 10 people today. I have a few friends that are waiting to get paid. Several thousand each. If I publish my post the chances of them getting paid falls from probably not to no chance.

•••
Adam, I hope you recover from this - for the sake of your family. But you need to stop this "shill"-ing.

Man, you really made me some Mafia Kingpin! I must simply have to admire your hard work for gathering and using your 'imagiNATION'. At the same time, I highly doubt your mental approach towards a certain situation.

I'll do my best to answer your childish questions and your made-up theories, but I'll do it all with respect, and with no offense. Hope this will be of your satisfactory.

1- My Question: How can you claim that I am from Netherlands? Man I can tell you one thing for sure that I am nowhere near Netherlands? But how you came to know about it, do tell.

2- You said: 2. Adam, your company's name is WebCorp. You seem to like NetXXX and WebXXX names. "WebInvestments" seem to be up your alley. :)

My answer: So childish and cute. So you think just because I have an ID with Web in it, it makes me Adam or his ally? Did you happen to notice when my ID was created?

2- You said: 5. @WebInvestments, you have an impeccable command over English language, in spite of your IP being from Netherlands/Dutch.

My answer: Impeccable command! Come on man, my English is nowhere near that word. In fact, I am sure any native English speaker here can easily find lots and lots of grammatical mistakes in my posts. So nope, I am not impeccable whatever that means (just checked its meaning in Google, so I do know what it means, now, lol). But I thank you for the compliment.

3. You said: 4. @WebInvestments, you were the first one to launch a full-frontal attack on Shane, soon after he made his post. Exhibit:

My answer: If you haven't bothered to read comments just below my first post here, you'll see few many members who have replied just the way I did, short replies but the intent was similar to my post.

4- You said "Now, what is interesting is, if we ignore the "I don't have any experience" and all such parts, the business model posted seems to be one which Adam likes a lot - using geodomains and building sites!"

My answer:
If you haven't noticed in my later posts here, I did mentioned it clearly on several occasions that I admire Adam because I have learned a lot from him. And to be more specific (for you), I have learned concept of developing domains (geo, niche sites etc.) from him. So my friend, if you think that's something to suspect me of being Adam Dicker, then by all means proceed. Again, thanks for your compliment for suspecting me as a legend of the domaining world.

5- You said: 6. @WebInvestments After posting in this thread, you went over and posted in other threads also.

My answer: Well, not sure why but you have missed few of my previous posts before this thread was even live. Those posts clearly shows that this thread wasn't the reason I was here. At least you agree with me (that I started posting on other threads, because that's the reason why I was 'originally' back here, to participate and contribute within a community).

6- You said: 7. @WebInvestments seems to have prescience about what Adam is going to post or think!

My answer: Seriously dude, are you over 16 years? Seriously? Coz your imagination definitely reflects it (no offense). I was never defending Adam here ever, it was just the way this thread was presented at first. But I know that you are also like few here who have their own way of perceiving things, and that they want to enforce their thoughts on others without facts. So I don't blame you for this.

7- You said: 8. AFTER Adam admitted to being partially wrong, @WebInvestments still keeps posting that Shane is doing this for publicity, and that the whole post is false. Remember, this is after Adam himself posting that some parts of the post are true. And after @WebInvestments himself posted that he agrees with part of the post.

My answer: See above. No further remarks on that.

8- You said: Keep in mind, @WebInvestments is very intelligent as evidenced by his previous posts. But this is not something such a person would post.

My answer: I can only thank you for acknowledging my intelligence. The rest might work for others here to gossip around.

9- You said: 9. Posts #5036293, 5036365, 5037689 and many other posts from @WebInvestments are reputation management ABC
- attacking the attacker, and bringing in multiple points to consider so that people of average intelligence will get confused.

My answer: You don't say, really! And what about my later posts, posts I have made three or four days back? Any comments on that? I highly doubt you'll find any 'rep repair' in those, that is why you seem to have avoided adding those here.

10- You said: 14. @WebInvestments seems to know the exact arrangement which Adam had with his managers. Wow!!

My answer: Now this is the most funniest of them all. This shows that you were too busy observing juicy points from my posts that you simply missed many other posts which were relevant to my posts. FYI, the Manager part was originally discussed in Lenny's first post I reckon and later discussed by @PugDomains if I remember it correctly.

For the ones I have missed, I simply won't answer as I see it hard for you to comprehend.

Lastly, I am not Adam, I am not Rick, I am not a bot. But I sure did liked the way you have tried to misrepresent me so that I won't participate in this thread. A very nice try though, but the whole thing was just your personal observation, which you tried to demonstrate using your own way of presentation. In easy English, it was a childish attempt to make me run away from here.

PS: @Shane Bellone, again sorry for posting, but I am literally sick of these false accusations and personal attacks from few wannabees who are so determined to prove me a bot, Adam and now Rick.

•••
Shane you just said what I've told 10 people today. I have a few friends that are waiting to get paid. Several thousand each. If I publish my post the chances of them getting paid falls from probably not to no chance.

+1

•••
WPM,

You are a perfect example of someone that doesn't know what they are doing. You say you have 1,000 domains and have been domain investing for 10 years and you don't have enough names in a portfolio that big to drum up $10,000 or more? You need Adam Dicker to help you?

Domain Investing has been EZPZ if you paid attention to the market of domains. You could have essentially purchased anything 6 letters or numbers and under and made tens of thousands of dollars if you have been investing that long. You almost couldn't get it wrong. I completely screwed up from 2007 to 2009 and still managed to turn $1000 into six figures....in my spare time. And it was EZPZ.

That's where so many people make a mistake. Who cares how many domains you have. The importance is the quality. And if you can't liquidate half your portfolio for some amount of money then your portfolio needs addressing. A broker only maximizes your sale price. You shouldn't need one to help you sell it.

Synopsis: WPM you're doing it wrong and you actually do need to watch some of DomainSherpa's interviews. Some is BS but there is a lot of good data and info there.

Thanks for your comment.

But since you can't take any statement as a face value... I will be a bit more clearer just for you.

When I started buying domains it was never my intentions to "flip" them. I had good life and was intending to develop over time for "long tetm" income". You know, pay for any college my son may choose... and his kids... and their kids...

Fast foward s few years, major family issues occured that required me to leave everything behind, career, home....

Never had experience in "selling" domains and when I had to, after watching your coveted D.S. videos for tips etc., which was approx. 2 years ago, was when I started persuing sales, while still in the midst of what now has turned into a 7 year family matter.

As a matter of fact, I am still reluctant to sell any and would prefer to lease them or develop.

So until you walk a mile in my shoes... I can apreciate your insulting advice and "professional synopsis"... but I personally disagree.

Thank you for your reply.

•••
I'll do it all with respect, and with no offense.

OK, let me see...

[...]
your childish questions and your made-up theories
[...]
So childish and cute.
[...]
I highly doubt your mental approach towards a certain situation.
[...]
Seriously dude, are you over 16 years? Seriously?
[....]
[...] childish attempt [...]

You're right, lots of respect!

[...] you have tried to misrepresent me so that I won't participate in this thread. [...]
it was a childish attempt to make me run away from here[...]

My respectful response (no, really, I mean it):
No sir, your thought process is all wrong.

•••
By the way, since "Adam" is not here anymore, is this where we're all supposed to fight with each other to keep the audience entertained? ;);)

Last edited:
•••
Do I lose trophies if I get "Disliked". ;)
You don't lose a trophy - but you don't get any stickers for your trapper-keeper.

•••
Thanks for your comment.

But since you can't take any statement as a face value... I will be a bit more clearer just for you.

When I started buying domains it was never my intentions to "flip" them. I had good life and was intending to develop over time for "long tetm" income". You know, pay for any college my son may choose... and his kids... and their kids...

Fast foward s few years, major family issues occured that required me to leave everything behind, career, home....

Never had experience in "selling" domains and when I had to, after watching your coveted D.S. videos for tips etc., which was approx. 2 years ago, was when I started persuing sales, while still in the midst of what now has turned into a 7 year family matter.

As a matter of fact, I am still reluctant to sell any and would prefer to lease them or develop.

1. If you plan on developing them why in the world would you own 1000 domains? You need 10, 20 tops. Makes exactly zero sense

2. Many many people have family issues and financial hardships. I don't wish them on anyone but it is something I and many other people face during their lifetime. My work ethic and drive has been built on many of these times. I NEVER made them an excuse, merely a "I want to work hard and have enough money and support that I can do a better job dealing with them"

3. If you are not selling something at some point then you've missed the whole profit side of the business model.

4. We all have dreams of making big money. You're not alone. We all have obstacles.

5. You insulted our show DomainSherpa when in reality I think it's you that is doing it wrong. I only replied because you started the conversation

•••
•••
1. If you plan on developing them why in the world would you own 1000 domains? You need 10, 20 tops. Makes exactly zero sense

Because I could afford to and that's how many ideas I had for long term inerests. And as I said they were accumulated over time.

2. Many many people have family issues and financial hardships. I don't wish them on anyone but it is something I and many other people face during their lifetime. My work ethic and drive has been built on many of these times. I NEVER made them an excuse, merely a "I want to work hard and have enough money and support that I can do a better job dealing with them"

Well Shane, when your family calls them to help provide fulltime care for elderly parents who are dieing, I hope you can afford to do it. Me... unfortunately it wasn't the case. No work ethics involved there, just family rules above all.

3. If you are not selling something at some point then you've missed the whole profit side of the business model.

I disagree, just late in the game becoming a seller. And there are short term (flipping) and long term (development) profits. I chose the latter. Now I may have to sell some, but that is how business is. ;)

4. We all have dreams of making big money. You're not alone. We all have obstacles.

Agreed.

5. You insulted our show DomainSherpa when in reality I think it's you that is doing it wrong. I only replied because you started the conversation

I'm sorry I insulted your show. However, when I started watching Rick S. was the only one who actually said the truth, and I am paraphrasing, "It's not a mom and pop game because you have to have money to do more than build a website or be able to afford a premium name you can profit from."

And that still holds true to this day.

Thanks for your reply.

•••
•••
Back