Dynadot

Is Adam Dicker a criminal? You decide.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

S-B

Account Closed
Impact
This story starts with DNF; a barren wasteland that once was a leading forum within the domain industry. While the forum itself played a huge role in propagating the myth that is Adam Dicker, the story really begins with DNF College in the summer of 2011.

Read More

Updates / Reports
These are in no particular order.

From what I understand, Adam still owes north of $33,000 to previous customers and business partners. As I receive more information, I will update this figure.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
WOW!!! I honestly don't know what else to say. Bloody good article though. How did you get the text script between him and Michael?

•••
WOW!!! I honestly don't know what else to say. Bloody good article though. How did you get the text script between him and Michael?

Michael did not contribute to this article. That's all I can say.

•••
Oops.

Can't wait for the rebuttal!

Posting it on DNF? :)

•••
Well Monday morning just got started here on the east coast...I did not even need coffee today!

•••
That's a story! Well
Michael did not contribute to this article. That's all I can say.
I can't imagine Adam Dicker is either. Well at least he is into the online reputation repair business.

•••
Read More

P.S. The website may be down due to high levels of traffic. If so, please post here and check back frequently.

This is ridiculous and wonderful story. I see, no wonder the DNF is deserted by many, and he had also promised to start his new dncollege session 4 for almost a year now and nothing is happening there anymore.

Ha! its a pity and very painful story for him to end it this way.

There is nothing better like not biting beyond what one can chew.
Better to correct all the wrongs and spring back to your feet.

Last edited:
•••
Read More

P.S. The website may be down due to high levels of traffic. If so, please post here and check back frequently.

Wonder how his reputation repair side of the business will try to repair this! :)

•••
I think i need me some porpcorn!

•••
Interesting to say the least. This explains his absence from DS.
If he is struggling financially it might explain why he recently sold 4 letter .coms in bulk. This was mentioned (the sale) in one of the DS shows from memory.
Bring on part 2.

•••
•••
If it hasn't been done, I personally think it would have been fair to first ask Adam Dicker about his view/feedback on these matters, before going public with these allegations. There is also a difference between criminal behaviour (which is suggested in the title) and not meeting your obligations or not being trustworthy, which could have been caused by all kinds of (personal) reasons that we are not aware of.

I'm not here to defend anyone, but I've learned in the past that it's always dangerous to jump to conclusions too quickly when we actually don't know the full story (or only one side of the story).

•••
Read More

Not sure what's the point here of mentioning this "story". Not even a single reliable source was mentioned to break facts.

Like:
- who's the "anonymous source" of this article?
- is he/she reliable enough to be trusted?
- on what facts/complains/rippoff proof or whatever did the blogger has picked such a ridiculous title and sort of insulted a senior domainer?

Although I do agree with one part in the post, that Adam normally over promise but fail to deliver the same. But he is still respectable to many and he continues to deliver valuable information to many new comers in the industry whenever he has time.

Shane, nice to see that it's your blog, but starting a blog with a post full of conspiracy and with no facts provided! You could've done better than that amigo.

Just my thoughts.

•••
If it hasn't been done, I personally think it would have been fair to first ask Adam Dicker about his view/feedback on these matters, before going public with these allegations. There is also a difference between criminal behaviour (which is suggested in the title) and not meeting your obligations or not being trustworthy, which could have been caused by all kinds of (personal) reasons that we are not aware of.

I'm not here to defend anyone, but I've learned in the past that it's always dangerous to jump to conclusions too quickly when we actually don't know the full story (or only one side of the story).

Exactly, using the word criminal was not necessary at all, and it also it shows a disrespectful attitude towards a senior most domainer who holds several domaining awards and known for his helping nature.

I'm not defending Adam either and I would love to hear what Adam has to say about it. If only Shane was responsible enough in confirming the news first from both parties (or to include any reliable sources in his post) and then publishing his blog post.

•••
Shane,

I can understand you putting up a thread and sharing the link to the article... Though, I'm not quite understanding why you would go to the extent of sharing this article in your signature?

•••
Shane,

I can understand you putting up a thread and sharing the link to the article... Though, I'm not quite understanding why you would go to the extent of sharing this article in your signature?

From the looks of it, it looks like he's promoting his newly launched blog.

•••
Exactly, using the word criminal was not necessary at all, and it also it shows a disrespectful attitude towards a senior most domainer who holds several domaining awards and known for his helping nature.

I'm not defending Adam either and I would love to hear what Adam has to say about it. If only Shane was responsible enough in confirming the news first from both parties (or to include any reliable sources in his post) and then publishing his blog post.

Thanks, it seems there is conflict of interest between them.

•••
•••
Unfortunate, that Google in time will cache the term "criminal" along side the name Adam Dicker..

But, of course you were unaware...

To associate anyone with the term criminal without being heard, is outright harsh.

•••
Another bullet from you in a series, Shane. Maybe he will fix the issues with time.

To be frank, it is hard to believe Adam has financial issues. Just how?

How did a private chat with Cyger go out? That's not good for Cyger.

Last edited:
•••
I have to agree with the comments above. There are two sides to every story and let's not forget that Mr Dicker has not replied to the thread. At this stage he may not even be aware of it's existence. I also think calling him a criminal is a little OTT.

Still it's none of my business apart from being posted on a public forum. Leave you all to it.

Just to add, I admire you Shane as I know you are successful in the industry, but sometimes you don't do yourself any favors. Give 'Em enough rope.

Best,
Paul

Edit. I stand corrected as the title thread asks if Adam is a criminal. It is somewhat of an implied question though ;)

Last edited:
•••
Another bullet from you in a series, Shane. Maybe he will fix the issues with time.

How did a private chat with Cyger go out? That's not good for Cyger.

And ethically not good for Shane either, to post anyone's private chat in a public blog; without providing reliable sources.

•••
can we link our own blog in the news or blog thread? i just saw this trend started by other member here @Omar Negron last week. Is this allowed?

•••
Yep, get your popcorn folks, it's gonna be a long one

•••
Back