Dynadot

Is Adam Dicker a criminal? You decide.

NameSilo
Watch

S-B

Account Closed
Impact
This story starts with DNF; a barren wasteland that once was a leading forum within the domain industry. While the forum itself played a huge role in propagating the myth that is Adam Dicker, the story really begins with DNF College in the summer of 2011.

Read More

Updates / Reports
These are in no particular order.

From what I understand, Adam still owes north of $33,000 to previous customers and business partners. As I receive more information, I will update this figure.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
As of this moment, I have not been paid, and he has not replied to my email inquiry sent last week. I'd really, really like to see the restitution, both for myself and for his benefit.

•••
So what is he doing now?

I'd assume he quit domaining!!!

•••
Adam Dicker was last seen:

Mar 5, 2021

•••
It’s the hope that kills you. Best to learn from it and don’t compound it by wasting more time. It’s typical narcissistic behaviour from Adam.

Last edited:
•••
To me, the pattern of behavior is reminiscent of someone on strong medication. Personality shifts, remorse, trying to fix things, relapse, disappearance etc.

If that is the case, I hope he recovers soon.

•••
Posting nice comments while it's been so long to get paid just makes it worse, be straight forward and move on or actually do something about it such as the obvious, lawyer up.

Can't stand some of the smooth talk in here with the hopes of getting their funds back, as if that is going to help.

Anyone that has been ripped off has all the right to call it what it is.

Last edited:
•••
•••
So what is he doing now?

I'd assume he quit domaining!!!
:ROFL::ROFL:

Survey says...BAAANNTT!!!

He now has a Facebook group - 'The Art of the Name" - where he is 'teaching' newbies and others how to be a domainer. no, Really!! Even selling an Expired Name type of software for $400+ which will be going up in price very soon. :xf.eek:

You know the saying...Once a grifter, always a grifter!

Last edited:
•••
to me, you all learned valuable lessons from Mr Dicker

you wanted to make money
it didn't happen

you trusted an internet guru
bad idea

you send money upfront
learn something

you tried to destroy him
well.....

move on
stop complaining

lesson learned is a very valuable thing

.. and I don't care
in case you hate me for that

I need you as much
as you needed Dickers help

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
I've done a lot of business with Adam and have only positive experience.

•••
•••
•••
Bump. Any updates from victims?

•••
If you are from Europe, Adam Dicker also will be at the London Domain Summit.

Entry is free, food and drinks as well.

.. you are grown-ups > put up your pants and talk to Adam in person or directly online.

And, if there are still unresolved issues > make arrangements like GROWN-UPS do. .. sign contracts, work on payment plans etc.. are we in the kindergarten? Sounds fair?

Show me 1 person who hasn't f***ed up at some point in the life? I can't.

.. I could also start few threads about few big names in our industry (and 10+ about me) how we have f***ed up at some stages of our lives.

:D :D .. and 1 well-known guy from our industry has even blocked me after I announced that there will be a livestream with Adam. .. :D :D

All the best all!!

What has happened, has happened. Life moves on. And, in this simple business world of ours, there are simple baby steps on how agreements are made over unresolved issues.

•••
MasterOfMyDomains: He still never paid me, ins spite of his last promises. He finally stopped responding.
:
Helmuts: your post is ridiculous and insulting to those of us that were "taken". We tried all the "grown up" approaches. Adam holds the money, resides in a different country than most (all?) of his victims, and there is no leverage to make him respond. Further, his consistent failed promises, followed by hiding, make it obvious that he is not sincere about making things right. Now, I fully recognize that I made the mistake of trusting someone (based on a false public reputation he had created). When I was dealing with him to build my site, I asked for a contract, but he said he "didn't do contracts" -- red flag that, were it not for the credibility of his public persona, would have stopped me from proceeding. I made those bad judgements thinking that the other person was as credible and sincere and honest as I am. If he had been, or has since become so, then I would either have the site he committed to, or have my money back now. I've tried the "GROWN-UP" approach, but it doesn't work if only one of us is acting grown up.
:
What is striking to me is that most of us victims are more embarrassed that we fell for this than he is embarrassed to have taken us.
:
Of course, if he waits long enough, inflation will make his debts truly pocket change and he can pay it off and claim he's redeemed himself :)
:
If you're giving Adam a new livestream platform, giving him credibility while knowing his past, perhaps you can open another livestream to fill with an associate of Bernie Madoff to discuss new financial investments.

•••

.. you are grown-ups > put up your pants and talk to Adam in person or directly online.

And, if there are still unresolved issues > make arrangements like GROWN-UPS do. .. sign contracts, work on payment plans etc.. are we in the kindergarten? Sounds fair?

.. I could also start few threads about few big names in our industry (and 10+ about me) how we have f***ed up at some stages of our lives.

:D :D .. and 1 well-known guy from our industry has even blocked me after I announced that there will be a livestream with Adam. .. :D :D

All the best all!!

What has happened, has happened. Life moves on. And, in this simple business world of ours, there are simple baby steps on how agreements are made over unresolved issues.

What a FARCE - Grown UPS are you kidding. KNOW the facts - Knowingly ripping people off is different than making a BAD BUSINESS DECISION .. Get a clue before you comment.

•••

All the best all!!

No offence, but just a joke of a human being can think this way and post this crap.

Fan boy much, huh?

•••
Sad that people got ripped off but how sheltered have your lives been?
I read it all and honestly, I have experienced it all as well. We call these life lessons. There is always somebody who will take from you if you are offering. I remember giving advice to my children about scammers and the importance of not working for free.

Sweat equity is something else and no guarantee for success.
I also am reminded of the times I have employed people to do things for me and know that if they are not fully invested in what I am doing then the results will be poor.

I would like to add that I haven't been around for a while and it's nice to be back. There is always a lot to learn here from many intelligent people who are willing to give their time and experiences.

I have a couple of new businesses thanks to what I have learned in this forum.

Last edited:
•••
the ones who have been in trouble by using Adam as a shortcut to success have simply learned there is no shortcut to success ( by Adam ).

So what - move on.

Learn about not spending money on scammers.
And learn how to identify Scammers.

Guess, you learned it by now.

Last edited:
•••
the ones who have been in trouble by using Adam as a shortcut to success have simply learned there is no shortcut to success ( by Adam ).

So what - move on.

I second that.

•••
Scammers are the lowest of the lowest kind of people.

•••
And, if there are still unresolved issues > make arrangements like GROWN-UPS do
Are you protecting a known con man and telling the deceived ones to grow up?!

Or did I misunderstand?

•••

So what - move on.

Sad that people got ripped off but how sheltered have your lives been?
I read it all and honestly, I have experienced it all as well. We call these life lessons. There is always somebody who will take from you if you are offering. I remember giving advice to my children about scammers and the importance of not working for free.

Sweat equity is something else and no guarantee for success.
I also am reminded of the times I have employed people to do things for me and know that if they are not fully invested in what I am doing then the results will be poor.

I would like to add that I haven't been around for a while and it's nice to be back. There is always a lot to learn here from many intelligent people who are willing to give their time and experiences.

I have a couple of new businesses thanks to what I have learned in this forum.

All the best all!!

Why should people who were screwed just "move on"? As far as I know Adam has not made it right with all the people he owes money to.

The question is more to do with intent and deception, not to do with some good faith effort that failed.

His credibility in this field is shot. His past will continue to haunt him, for good reason.
Maybe Adam should be the one who "moves on"...to another field.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Why should people who were screwed just "move on"? As far as I know Adam has not made it right with all the people he owes money to.

The question is more to do with intent and deception, not to do with some good faith effort that failed.

His credibility in this field is shot. His past will continue to haunt him, for good reason.
Maybe Adam should be the one who "moves on"...to another field.

Brad
I agree Brad.

The problem is expectations vs. reality. We all take hits in life.

He seems to have moved on to the next group.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back