IT.COM

Is Adam Dicker a criminal? You decide.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

S-B

Account Closed
Impact
This story starts with DNF; a barren wasteland that once was a leading forum within the domain industry. While the forum itself played a huge role in propagating the myth that is Adam Dicker, the story really begins with DNF College in the summer of 2011.

Read More

Updates / Reports
These are in no particular order.

From what I understand, Adam still owes north of $33,000 to previous customers and business partners. As I receive more information, I will update this figure.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I understand, that Adam delivered, what you ordered
and it didn't work the way you expected

that's pretty normal,
if it happened that way.

For Dummy websites that never earned a penny (and never were going to)

So, I think it is more than " didn't work the way you expected". If there was a promise of money-making sites.

Last edited:
•••
For Dummy websites that never earned a penny (and never were going to)

So, I think it is more than " didn't work the way you expected". If there was a promise of money-making sites.

you better learn fast
what claims to believe and claims are fake

Adam was over-optimistic in terms of claims
regarding the results of his websites

yes that was kind of fake

but at that time everybody was able to understand that already
there is an obligation in each of us
to do due diligence
and protect your own ass yourself
when it comes to trust somebody online

you want to take responsibility for your own actions
( in this case trust Adam )

the websites Adam sold
were good
a few years before he sold them

so they worked
in a certain time period
and in certain industries

you want to be the one who made a mistake
that's the only way to avoid it next time

Last edited:
•••
Dear Frank,

I do run a business, and I am fully aware of over promising.

Any supporting evidence to this claim by you, that these people invested knowing that was fake?

•••
Dear Frank,

I do run a business, and I am fully aware of over promising.

Any supporting evidence to this claim by you, that these people invested knowing that was fake?

they obviously didn't know
but they could have

for example:
I asked on facebook in that group
to see an example of one of those websites created by Adam
-everybody could have done so-

it was a very simple wordpress site
with a form
nothing more

I could have done it in a few minutes myself

so
I decided $1400 USD is not quite the amount, I want to spend
and everybody could have done so

Because I wasted hundreds and thousands of my own euros
in order to understand what might work and what doesn't
just looking at that site

there is no free lunch

learn that
and move on

Last edited:
•••

they obviously didn't know.

That ends the discussion.

I could have done it in a few minutes .

Not everyone can do that, Frank. People tend to believe a "Pro".

Last edited:
•••
they obviously didn't know.

That ends the discussion.

I could have done it in a few minutes .

Not everyone can do that, Frank. People tend to believe a "Pro".

yes and thats the issue here
nothing else

"The best teacher is your last mistake."

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
Thanks for doing this interview.

Adam is still knowledgeable and knows a lot about domain names. He's worth listening to. 🎧

I disagree with his idea ccTLDs are always better. Only in strong extensions. Also outbound on the majority of domains is a waste of time.

You should know when to sell and what to buy. Most people miss these basics.

.. we are going live in 75 minutes. Now this is your best chance in years to ask your question live (constructive questions only please).

+ there is no set time limit for this livestream.

•••
Thanks for doing this interview.

Adam is still knowledgeable and knows a lot about domain names. He's worth listening to. 🎧

I disagree with his idea ccTLDs are always better. Only in strong extensions. Also outbound on the majority of domains is a waste of time.

You should know when to sell and what to buy. Most people miss these basics.

Thank you Adam. I do agree with you 10000%. Would you like to join some conversation at some time?

.. we are planing to have next conversation with Adam Dicker very, very soon, but I can't announce it yet - need last confirmation :)

Enjoy the weekend, H

•••
I just wanted to say that Adam paid me $300 back today via PayPal for a website project in 2014 that never came to fruition. Better late than never. This is money that I had accepted as being lost forever and a life lesson learned. It takes a lot to correct the past and I give Adam credit for fixing his mistakes even if it was 6 years later. It is greatly appreciated, especially in the middle of a pandemic and economic uncertainty.

•••
This will be my first and last post in here for a while, I have started to repay people back from this thread with legitimate claims. In the next 6 months, anyone that is owed money will be paid. I have the list and I am going through it. If your contact info has changed please email me the correct info to [email protected]. Hoping everyone on the site stays healthy through this Covid mess.

Why 6 months? Because that's how long it will take me to get it done properly.
Why now? because it's the right thing to do.

I made a mess and it's time to clean it up.

Appreciate the effort.

Good start. When you actually pay everyone (I know it can't be done in a day) as soon as possible and post here stating that, there will be much more trust for you.

Last edited:
•••
I just wanted to say that Adam paid me $300 back today via PayPal for a website project in 2014 that never came to fruition. Better late than never. This is money that I had accepted as being lost forever and a life lesson learned. It takes a lot to correct the past and I give Adam credit for fixing his mistakes even if it was 6 years later. It is greatly appreciated, especially in the middle of a pandemic and economic uncertainty.

It's been several months since this post. I emailed Adam on October 26, 2020 as he asked us to do. He responded that he'd update me in November as to the status of my payment. I haven't heard from him since, despite me following up with him twice in the interim. Has anyone been paid back any funds owed recently?

•••
It's been several months since this post. I emailed Adam on October 26, 2020 as he asked us to do. He responded that he'd update me in November as to the status of my payment. I haven't heard from him since, despite me following up with him twice in the interim. Has anyone been paid back any funds owed recently?

I haven't been paid back, either, though his last email said that he had originally asked for six months and that would give him until the end of March (or perhaps April, I'd have to look) 2021.

•••
On October 22, 2020, he stated: "I have started to repay people back from this thread with legitimate claims. In the next 6 months, anyone that is owed money will be paid. I have the list and I am going through it. If your contact info has changed please email me the correct info to [email protected]."

So, by April 22, 2021, he'd have paid everyone back (assuming what he said is true).

Last edited:
•••
On October 22, 2020, he stated: "I have started to repay people back from this thread with legitimate claims. In the next 6 months, anyone that is owed money will be paid. I have the list and I am going through it. If your contact info has changed please email me the correct info to [email protected]."

So, by April 22, 2021, he'd have paid everyone back (assuming what he said is true).

As that is tomorrow, I am *so* hoping it to be true. Financially speaking, it couldn't come at a better time...

•••
As that is tomorrow, I am *so* hoping it to be true. Financially speaking, it couldn't come at a better time...
Tomorrow in a month though

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
Adam Dicker is doing a livestream where he will answer your questions - see other thread:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/go...-minutes-wednesday-domain-livestream.1232870/

Good evening,

As I understand Adam is not hiding anywhere. :) And this is not the first livestream with Adam. Of course, you can ask your questions yo him live.

Though, aggressive questions will be deleted.

So far we have had 15 great livestreams: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpQ-OMrOVl9sP0WwyXLpAabKwCfCAlV4J

@carob you are most welcome to ask your questions as well. .. or submit your domains for review :)

Best wishes to all,
Helmuts

•••
Good evening,

As I understand Adam is not hiding anywhere. :) And this is not the first livestream with Adam. Of course, you can ask your questions yo him live.

Though, aggressive questions will be deleted.

So far we have had 15 great livestreams: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpQ-OMrOVl9sP0WwyXLpAabKwCfCAlV4J

@carob you are most welcome to ask your questions as well. .. or submit your domains for review :)

Best wishes to all,
Helmuts

That is a joke .. Everyone knows what was done.. Are you serious

•••
Did this Dicker guy paid everyone?

•••
I have not been paid, but in the last correspondence with him (in March), he reminded me that his commitment was to be met by the end of April. So, another week. I'm anxious!

•••
Sorry to hear. I would not hold my breath.
I have not been paid, but in the last correspondence with him (in March), he reminded me that his commitment was to be met by the end of April. So, another week. I'm anxious!

•••
Did this Dicker guy paid everyone?

He has not paid me yet. I have followed up twice by email since his first response to me in October 2020. No response.

•••
Back