IT.COM

question-answered Is Accordment a dictionary one word?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

monotheist

Established Member
Impact
I see it listed in few online dictionaries.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think you've answered your own question

•••
Good morning.

IMHO if it is listed in dictionaries such as Merriam-Webster (American), Collins or the Oxford English Dictionary (English) then I'd consider it a 'dictionary word'.

However, if it just appears in one of the lesser online dictionary and states something like it has been listed from a 1902 edition then it is likely to be a less than common word and may not be used on a daily basis in the English speaking word and you may have trouble selling such names. I should know, I have a few still and have not sold them.

I know what it means and JHM may know what it means but we're on the other side of the pond.

There may be better names available.

Rgrds,

Reddstagg

•••
i wasn't into "brandables" as a handregger since 1/1999 instead caught generics .com much new terms, if you've exhausted your own knowledge, to try WIKIPEDIA dotcom terms' AVAILABLE if hadn't looked ..

•••
I ALWAYS check the collins dictionary. Some of the other online ones are pure crap.
And no, sorry, it is not a word

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back