advice IrelandWorld.com help me in pricing

NameSilo
Watch

S Agnihotri

Established Member
Impact
I got this domain recently in my account
IRELANDWORLD.COM
What should be the range at which I should put a for sale banner ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
A popular keyword: World

...but pairing "Ireland" and "World" for me is troubling. Ireland is one country, and the world is ...the world. Its different if you're branding something such as "Sea World" ...this marriage of words is fantastic. Have to be careful with your pairings

I believe you will struggle, sad to say. Little value, in my little opinion. However, hope I'm wrong

Last edited:
•••
It very much depends on WHO you are selling to. Outside of Ireland the .com works. Inside of Ireland .IE is much more likely to be used and it's currently available to register for 5 EURO. While the .ie is available I can't see your domain having much value unless you BUILD something like an Irish souvenir shop for Irish-American tourists. I could not find any companies in Ireland, U.K. or U.S. and A. called Ireland World and pretty much every extension with that name is AVAILABLE to register. So for me it only works if you build something otherwise I concur and wholeheartedly AGREE with @damance and @jhm.

I like that your name expires on 15 April next year because PADDY'S DAY is 17 March so you may consider to build a Paddy's Day store, make some AD REVENUE even parking ads and see if it's worthwhile holding onto your name or letting it go. In any case you're going to need to get proactive if you want to make some money from this one. Some members will like this one because it's an aged name first registered at least as far back as 2004 which gives 17 years of history and many DNS changes. At least that means other people had ideas on your name so you're not the gazelle at the river!

If you decide to go with a for sale banner I think that you'll be waiting not just for a very long time but perhaps FOREVER.

Last edited:
•••
A popular keyword: World

...but pairing "Ireland" and "World" for me is troubling. Ireland is one country, and the world is ...the world. Its different if you're branding something such as "Sea World" ...this marriage of words is fantastic. Have to be careful with your pairings

I believe you will struggle, sad to say. Little value, in my little opinion. However, hope I'm wrong
Thanks for your insights :) I'm learning

•••
It very much depends on WHO you are selling to. Outside of Ireland the .com works. Inside of Ireland .IE is much more likely to be used and it's currently available to register for 5 EURO. While the .ie is available I can't see your domain having much value unless you BUILD something like an Irish souvenir shop for Irish-American tourists. I could not find any companies in Ireland, U.K. or U.S. and A. called Ireland World and pretty much every extension with that name is AVAILABLE to register. So for me it only works if you build something otherwise I concur and wholeheartedly AGREE with @damance and @jhm.

I like that your name expires on 15 April next year because PADDY'S DAY is 17 March so you may consider to build a Paddy's Day store, make some AD REVENUE even parking ads and see if it's worthwhile holding onto your name or letting it go. In any case you're going to need to get proactive if you want to make some money from this one. Some members will like this one because it's an aged name first registered at least as far back as 2004 which gives 17 years of history and many DNS changes. At least that means other people had ideas on your name so you're not the gazelle at the river!

If you decide to go with a for sale banner I think that you'll be waiting not just for a very long time but perhaps FOREVER.
I do conquer with your opinion because when I found this domain in GD's bargain bin for $5 I was confused about the target audience. but then i checked whois for egyptworld.com, franceworld.com etc and all were regged since past 2 decades. I just thought to get an aged domain and I found that Canadaworld.com is already developed. may the this domain will remain as a souvenir in my small portfolio.
I liked your idea about developing it around Paddy's Day. If I get resources I'll surely develop it.
Much thanks :)

•••
Get your $ 5 back first. Focus on that.

•••
It isn't a bad domain. there's quite a few items & novelties that Ireland export World wide. IrishWorld in .com and UK are taken (these are better imo)

A listing at 500 euro's would probably get you in with a chance - Put Paddys Whiskey adverts on it ;)

•••
It isn't a bad domain. there's quite a few items & novelties that Ireland export World wide. IrishWorld in .com and UK are taken (these are better imo)

A listing at 500 euro's would probably get you in with a chance - Put Paddys Whiskey adverts on it ;)
Since I'm new to domaining and belongs to a different faith Idk much about Paddys. except that he was a saint. I'll dig in detail :) thanks

•••
@S Agnihotri Paddy's Day for most people in G.B. is an opportunity to colour everything green, pretend you're Irish for one sunny day and get utterly pissed. It's no longer a religious event for the majority of people who celebrate it. You can be Christian, Hindu, Buddhist, Sikh, Muslim, Jew, Wiccan Witch, Jedi Knight or a total disbeliever. It's just a fun day giving everybody the chance to get together and consume large quantities of alcohol. Maybe it's different in other countries. Many people wear funny costumes with the word Guinness.

Last edited:
•••
Let’s ask my favorite Irishman, @jmcc.

We all could use luck of the Irish ;)

IrishWorld seems proper, than “IrelandWorld”

Last edited:
•••
Maybe a whiskey store dedicated to Irish drinks. and we can call that place IrelandWorld !
Anyone agrees ?

•••
•••
Let’s ask my favorite Irishman, @jmcc.

We all could use luck of the Irish ;)

IrishWorld seems proper, than “IrelandWorld”
Much better but I think that Irishworld would be long gone. As mentioned above, .IE is the first choice TLD in Ireland. It might be OK for outside Ireland though. (Busy coping with a DDOS at the moment hence the brief reply.)

Regards...jmcc

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back