Dynadot

news .io price increase to $39 as of January 2022

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Mkt Sales Leads

Top Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Dang.. WHy didn't they warn us... Could have renewed more before year end

Last edited:
•••
Dang.. WHy didn't they warn us... Could have renewed more before year end

really? what would we.do? renew 100 io names for year or 2.at old prices just cause its 10usd cheaper? I dont think that's good idea having no clue when our names.will.sell..

•••
Just increase your selling price by 10x.

•••
Interesting that for some of these gltds, registration fees are already a lot more than .com out the gate. And now with increased renewal fees, seems to be a big turn off. All the more reason to stick with .com, which has been reasonable priced for 20+ years.

Last edited:
•••
Its only $34.29 (which is ~$3 more than last year) at Porkbun, no reason to use registrars who overcharge.

•••
Interesting that for some of these gltds, registration fees are already a lot more than .com out the gate. And now with increased renewal fees, seems to be a big turn off. All the more reason to stick with .com, which has been reasonable priced for 20+ years.
Or C.C.T.L.D.

•••
Or C.C.T.L.D.

the problem with com is most newer comers like me and most... it's hard to get com that can sell for 4 to 5 figures like many even handregs io and co can sell.

even xyz hype now is making money

•••
really? what would we.do? renew 100 io names for year or 2.at old prices just cause its 10usd cheaper? I dont think that's good idea having no clue when our names.will.sell..
Lol what? I renewed more than 60 .io names on the 31st because I wanted to reduce tax burden. If I knew that they would increase, I would have renewed all.

Why? I have no issues renewing all my keeper names for multiple years even if they are expensive renewals.
Because even at 5% STR, I would still have to renew 95% of my names. (For my names that are keepers, and not some bulk promo reg), and why not now than latter? I am only adding an extra year to 5 percent names considering the arbitrary 5% STR.

•••
the problem with com is most newer comers like me and most... it's hard to get com that can sell for 4 to 5 figures like many even handregs io and co can sell.

even xyz hype now is making money

For handregs, listen to podcasts featuring @Keith DeBoer and @MediaCode plus get the handreg email list @Domain Smoke.

•••
As for .xyz, I think at some point the end costumer will be over-confused.

com, net, org, io, now xyz...
maybe we see here the last alt-tld in development,
cannot imagine more.

But maybe I am wrong...

Last edited:
•••
Lol what? I renewed more than 60 .io names on the 31st because I wanted to reduce tax burden. If I knew that they would increase, I would have renewed all.

Why? I have no issues renewing all my keeper names for multiple years even if they are expensive renewals.
Because even at 5% STR, I would still have to renew 95% of my names. (For my names that are keepers, and not some bulk promo reg), and why not now than latter? I am only adding an extra year to 5 percent names considering the arbitrary 5% STR.

not sure what.math classes u took but.if u got good names.as.u say then u expect to sell em not keep em around for years.

•••
For handregs, listen to podcasts featuring @Keith DeBoer and @MediaCode plus get the handreg email list @Domain Smoke.

well I didn't mean I domain since last nite.. but on large scale 7yrs tho intensive is still making me fairly new.

there is no way around. there is nothing to handreg in com minus few lucky trends now and then..u wanna make cash on com u gotta buy on markets.. whereas for io and co...espcially latter.. u can just reg..io was like this upto say 2 or 3yrs ago.too. now u cant really reg a good io

xyz has ton of hype with some big sales..but I think domainers paying 4fig for 1word xyz will get burned. u have to know magic to sell xyz for 5fig. and I dont mean beginner magic either

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
well I didn't mean I domain since last nite.. but on large scale 7yrs tho intensive is still making me fairly new.

there is no way around. there is nothing to handreg in com minus few lucky trends now and then..u wanna make cash on com u gotta buy on markets.. whereas for io and co...espcially latter.. u can just reg..io was like this upto say 2 or 3yrs ago.too. now u cant really reg a good io

xyz has ton of hype with some big sales..but I think domainers paying 4fig for 1word xyz will get burned. u have to know magic to sell xyz for 5fig. and I dont mean beginner magic either
Respectfully disagree. You can handreg potential good names with time, patience and a good sense of research for trends (which aren't 'lucky' as the nature of life is that trends constantly evolve).

Even droplist/aftermarket names aren't a surefire way to sell super fast.

Finding sellable domains has been, is now, and will always be challenging.

•••
Often the higher demand is given as the reason for these prices, but there are reasons that suggest that the fees charged by the "Internet Computer Bureau" are the main driver of the cost. First, because the "Internet Computer Bureau" not only holds the right to sell the dot io TLD

•••
•••
No problem, i will add one zero on my prices.

•••
•••
•••
Back