Dynadot

information Introducing "757".....a Great Rebrand

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ThatNameGuy

Top Member
Impact
As an FYI I'm from an area/region in the world formerly referred to as "Hampton Roads" Virginia. I say formerly because this is what occurred two days ago on December 10th; https://www.pilotonline.com/inside-...0191210-bu36t6mbwne6djlwtq7z23smyy-story.html

I feel very blessed that I was able to be part of the process to rename our area despite "757" not being my first choice. Other popular choices were;

Coastal
CoVa (meaning Coastal Virginia)
SeVa (meaning Southeast Virginia)
Tidewater (an old regional name)

I was for renaming our area "SeVa", but I'm good with it being called "757" especially because I own domains like 757Waterfront.com, Welcome757.com, Vacation757.com and Bank757.com

All together I'd invested a little over a thousand dollars in names that I thought might become our new brand, and fortunately the "757" was one of the names.

For those of you who are new to this industry, domains like these are considered "Geo" domains.

Finally, i may be prejudice, but I consider the new "757" area to be one of the Best Kept Secrets in the world. Thanks NamePros(y)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Just finally took a look at all this, actually know some people that live in the area and it's interesting to me from a marketing perspective. Right now, I'm leaning towards failure. Seems like the young kids like it but they're wanting to reach out for tourism reasons. Not sure what young kids have to do with the market they're trying to reach. So a number 757 vs. a geographic name. I can't think of another area that I know by it's numbers, maybe Beverly Hills 90210 but that is probably because of the show. Googling 757, all Boeing. Google tour 757, more Boeing, some homes in that area. Known locally, need to do lots of advertising for people to get it outside the area. We'll see. I like Geographic names better. But apparently they did a study that said do what nobody else is doing.

Side note, I also don't like numbers in domains, sometimes it confuses people and even with phones, put the number in once, and just go by name. You go by name because names are easier to remember than numbers.

I'm wondering if the company they hired to do the study is the same company that helped with the (failed) Gap rebrand

original.jpg

Last edited:
•••
Just finally took a look at all this, actually know some people that live in the area and it's interesting to me from a marketing perspective. Right now, I'm leaning towards failure. Seems like the young kids like it but they're wanting to reach out for tourism reasons. Not sure what young kids have to do with the market they're trying to reach. So a number 757 vs. a geographic name. I can't think of another area that I know by it's numbers, maybe Beverly Hills 90210 but that is probably because of the show. Googling 757, all Boeing. Google tour 757, more Boeing, some homes in that area. Known locally, need to do lots of advertising for people to get it outside the area. We'll see. I like Geographic names better. But apparently they did a study that said do what nobody else is doing.

Side note, I also don't like numbers in domains, sometimes it confuses people and even with phones, put the number in once, and just go by name. You go by name because names are easier to remember than numbers.

I'm wondering if the company they hired to do the study is the same company that helped with the (failed) Gap rebrand

original.jpg

Lol,I remember that gap rebranding fail. They reverted back to their old branding pretty quick. The 'experiment' cost them close to 100M from memory.

•••
You and Brad are way too funny:ROFL:
I'm not sure what @bmugford has to do with my questions.... I just find real data helpful, Rich. The discussion in this thread is very interesting, but it's all rampant speculation unless someone is able to sell one of these 757 names.

In fact the data we do have access to suggests that these types of names sell very poorly, but it sounded like maybe you had some different evidence to offer. That's what could actually help any newer investors who are wondering if they should put money into area code or number + word names.

Isn't that why you started the thread? To inform everyone about this opportunity and have a real discussion about it?

•••
I'm not sure what @bmugford has to do with my questions.... I just find real data helpful, Rich. The discussion in this thread is very interesting, but it's all rampant speculation unless someone is able to sell one of these 757 names.

In fact the data we do have access to suggests that these types of names sell very poorly, but it sounded like maybe you had some different evidence to offer. That's what could actually help any newer investors who are wondering if they should put money into area code or number + word names.

Isn't that why you started the thread? To inform everyone about this opportunity and have a real discussion about it?
Your questions really don't deserve a response because I know your intent:xf.rolleyes:

•••
•••
•••
Lol,I remember that gap rebranding fail. They reverted back to their old branding pretty quick. The 'experiment' cost them close to 100M from memory.
I just read all about the Gap's rebranding failure, however the new brand "757" is meant to replace the failed brand "Hampton Roads". Part of our rebranding was because of the huge success of a local celebrity Pharrell Williams (sings "Happy", and starred on The Voice) https://www.vibe.com/2019/04/something-in-the-water-virginia-beach

"The sauce that makes the 757 special was on full display at Pharrell Williams' inaugural music festival."

The rebranding of our area to "757" will ultimately cost business's tens of millions of dollars, but I'm confident it will be worth it. 757isHappy:xf.smile:

Me thinks the new "757" should adopt the best theme song ever, "Happy" by Pharrell Williams

If "Happy" doesn't get your juices flowing, you're DEAD:xf.wink:

Last edited:
•••
Y

Your INTENT is to insinuate guilt by making FALSE AND SLANDEROUS ACCUSATIONS about me and my intent:xf.wink:
Merry Christmas, Rich. All the best to you and your family in 2020.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back