IT.COM

InternetBS - helpdesk had gone missing

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

CK_Yau

Established Member
Impact
Hi Everyone,

My first time encountering this issue so I was apprehensive.

I have recently transferred my personal domain (my name.com) to Internet BS. Things were ok and was a happy customer.

Things turned otherwise when I regged an .it domain on the behalf of a good friend of mine, who was an EU citizen. (I am not)

Out of nowhere my account info was then changed to his details (but his details were supposed to be only attached to that .it domain). I didn't contact support by that time, as I am sure my friend would not take my account anyway.

Suddenly, I received an email from them, saying that the sudden change of account info had triggered their security dept and therefore the account was locked.

I then immediately replied, explaining everything. Then, the staff asked me for identity proof of both myself and my friend.

It was absolutely fine so I sent immediately. However, their staff had gone missing.

I did not follow up by bumping the ticket but such unprofessionalism made me regret my choice of moving my domain to them.

May I ask how this can be resolved?

Many thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi,

Not sure if you were able to resolve your issue, but they do have a live chat on their site. That would be one way to quickly get in touch with a support representative.

I used it right before composing this message, and the response time was less than 1 minute. https://internet.bs is where I went.

Good luck!

•••
SHOCKINGLY BAD REGISTRAR, LET THIS SERVE AS A WARNING

As many of you know... I've been a domainer for around 12 years now. I've used pretty much every registrar at some point, and have done over 5,000 domain transfers in that time.

And I've NEVER had such a bad experience as I have now had with InternetBS.

InternetBS many years ago was an excellent registrar, offering low pricing and a decent domain management console.

HORRIBLE NEW EXPERIENCES:
1. I discovered that they are no longer the low cost provider... a TLD priced at $45 renewal elsewhere, which used to be around the same with InternetBS, was silently increased to over $100 this year.

2. I tried to transfer out 4 of my domains to 3 different registrars... InternetBS said for days that they saw no attempts to transfer. Very unlikely given that I've done thousands of transfers and this was three well known registrars who know what they are doing.

3. After significantly complaining on live chat several days in a row, they finally released 3 of my 4 domains.

4. Now comes the crazy part

• The fourth domain was bouncing at the new registrar due to an incorrect auth code. Even though I got the auth code directly from their back end.
  • I tried changing the auth code on the back end.... and trying again. And again... and again. I even used simple text for the auth code to make sure there were no issues. It still didn't work.
  • I started to get nervous because the domain was starting to get close to expiry and the "support" wasn't being at all helpful in fixing their technical glitch.
  • Eventually the domain expired and support told me that I had to pay $26.33 if I wanted to transfer the domain out.
They are currently holding my domain hostage, even though I started the transfer prior to the domain expiring and it was THEIR faulty system and bad technical support that caused the domain to expire.

They have refused to allow the domain to transfer, or to cover the cost of reinstatement.

Additionally their chat support is non-helpful, and they have frequently "escalated" to their mysterious "Level2" support team. - The biggest problem with that... is that you never hear back from them unless you kick up a fuss... and even then it takes several days to get an unhelpful uncaring response.

TRUST ME FOLKS, IF YOU CARE ABOUT YOUR DOMAINS.... GET AWAY FROM INTERNETBS AS QUICK AS YOU CAN

ps: Did I mention that I've spent over $10,000 with them over the years and they still didn't care enough to help sort out this situation. Unacceptable.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back