IT.COM

International DOmains Names

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello,

My apologies first of this is the wrong area to post but I was wondering what the verdict is on international domain names. I registered a few (about 10 domain names) and was hoping to get some feedback on what others thought on the subject.

How is the resale value, the potential for validity among other domainers.

Thank you.

Regards,
tech

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It completely depends on the domain. But mostly IDNs will need to be relevant to have any value. For example, Chinese names which actually mean something.

Recently a number of completely worthless names seem to have been popping up on Sedo. For example, scanning the current auctions I can see 'ะตัƒะต.com'. At first glance it looks like a great domain but it is an IDN and completely worthless. It will never get type-in traffic and if developed people would always go to eye.com; they wouldn't know how to get to 'ะตัƒะต.com' (which is actually 'xn--e1aa5b.com').

Anyway, to summarise, if the IDN is relevant to the language it is in, it could be worth something. Otherwise, 99.9% of the time it's likely to be completely worthless.

•••
Thank you for your feedback - I take every answer as a learning experience since someone took time to express their thoughts and thoughts are priceless.

I went ahead and registered a few IDN's - I am a developer so I will be developing these in the next week and complete that project = total of 10 new domain names.

I wish everyone well and believe in yourself and your dreams but wake up some time so you can work on your dreams. :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the pageโ€™s height.
Back