information Interesting Use of Ngltd .Storage

NameSilo
Watch

mr-x

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
TXS1l6X.jpg

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Does anyone else feel the need to throw something up there?

•••
A cat inside the box would be perfection.

•••
To the average joe that does not look like a web address.

I would have added www in tiny letters in front and outside of the sign exactly like they have the registered trademark symbol.

Maybe in 5 years or so it will be time where you can remove the www but right now I think its too early not to have it there.

PS. I hope those corrugated ends are just painted on because if they are real openings they are going to be magnets for birds.

Last edited:
•••
A cat inside the box would be perfection.
Ya, turn it into a stray cat trap. A shiny bird as bait and some sort of 1 way ladder.

•••
Interesting.

I would not even realize that was a domain name. Also, that domain just forwards to their .COM.

On a side note, that is a pretty cool looking building design.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
People will see things like this and associate the dot being between 2 words as a domain. It won't take long and .anything will be recognizable as a domain.

•••
My cat said we are moving there. I guess that's it then.

•••
he dot being between 2 words as a domain. It won't take long and .anything will be recognizable as a domain.
... while we are not there yet, imho, I think we are very much getting exactly to that point. It seems to me that for those < age 35 (that is not me :xf.sick:) or so there is already more recognition of that, possibly due to being more open to new things and possibly due to social media integration of some of the new and alternative generic country TLDs.
=Bob

ps It is very cool looking 'buidling/sign" Thanks for sharing @mr-x !

Last edited:
•••
... while we are not there yet, imho, I think we are very much getting exactly to that point. It seems to me that for those < age 35 (that is not me :xf.sick:) or so there is already more recognition of that, possibly due to being more open to new things and possibly due to social media integration of some of the new and alternative generic country TLDs.
=Bob

ps It is very cool looking 'buidling/sign" Thanks for sharing @mr-x !

I have my parents, granparents, son, daughter and 3 friends here today.

I showed them the building and they all thought it was neat.

Not one of them recognized it as a web address and they are in all age ranges.

We are hyper aware because we are in the business. Even if there was a 75% recognition I would still put the www in front because I would want as many people as possible to get it.

•••
Thanks for your mini survey @MapleDots and your point of a tiny www would help is well made. Just wondering, was anyone in your survey an active Twitter user? I have no data but have wondered with the ease of making phrases into links on that platform if there is more recognition of alternative extensions.

On another point, I thought I was pretty new extension aware but until this thread I didn't even know of .storage I think. I wondered why that was and see on NameStat although it has been around just over a year it has a wholesale price of $500, which helps explain why not big with domain investors and only just under 500 registered. Using the site search feature in Google it does appear a fair number in real world use though for local storage facilities. There was one NameBio resale in the extension, with cold(.)storage going for $6699 last year on Sedo.

Bob

•••
Thanks for your mini survey @MapleDots and your point of a tiny www would help is well made. Just wondering, was anyone in your survey an active Twitter user? I have no data but have wondered with the ease of making phrases into links on that platform if there is more recognition of alternative extensions.

On another point, I thought I was pretty new extension aware but until this thread I didn't even know of .storage I think. I wondered why that was and see on NameStat although it has been around just over a year it has a wholesale price of $500, which helps explain why not big with domain investors and only just under 500 registered. Using the site search feature in Google it does appear a fair number in real world use though for local storage facilities. There was one NameBio resale in the extension, with cold(.)storage going for $6699 last year on Sedo.

Bob

I just tweeted about motorhome.rentals and it linked automatically.

•••
I just tweeted about motorhome.rentals
Yes the fact that any domain name Tweets perfectly simply by putting in the dot and it is a fully functional link (no www or http or anything else required) is so powerful. While it works with country code, legacy or new TLDs, it is much more natural in written speech with a new extension that makes a perfect phrase.
Bob

•••
Yes the fact that any domain name Tweets perfectly simply by putting in the dot and it is a fully functional link (no www or http or anything else required) is so powerful. While it works with country code, legacy or new TLDs, it is much more natural in written speech with a new extension that makes a perfect phrase.
Bob

You're right, in context, it makes sense and is easy to recognize. I think I will be adding www in the future, especially in ads.

•••
•••
@Bob Hawkes it's simple to add ntld hyperlinking to chat and websites.

•••
•••
This is an outstanding idea, creative genius. Great to see the business owner used his domain name at best.

Simply awesome thought. I m inspired. @mr-x thanks for sharing.

•••
To the average joe that does not look like a web address. I would have added www in tiny letters in front and outside of the sign exactly like they have the registered trademark symbol. Maybe in 5 years or so it will be time where you can remove the www but right now I think its too early not to have it there. PS. I hope those corrugated ends are just painted on because if they are real openings they are going to be magnets for birds.

Seems like they care more about the trademark vs making money and website visitors!

I have seen some local firms also do that (including extensive and costly car and truck wrapping) with little known or even unknown extensions where average Joe would never even guess it was a website name. Not very smart of these places in not simply adding the www,

Last edited:
•••
I have seen some local firms also do that (including extensive and costly car and truck wrapping) with little known or even unknown extensions where average Joe would never even guess it was a website name. Not very smart of these places in not simply adding the www,

Some domain names need www to express it's a domain name and some just fly without 'www' and with a "dot" (eg: left.right).

What the owner has done is "created a value out of nothing". There is nothing in domain name without his creativity.

Great work, awesome thought.

•••
forget about average joe, investors would have lined up for his business. :) Sometimes all these creative work is to impress investors.

•••
forget about average joe, investors would have lined up for his business. :) Sometimes all these creative work is to impress investors.

Forget about the average joe?

Hmm, what happens after the investors want a return on their money?

Have you run any successful businesses without the average joe as a customer?

•••
Couldn't help but notice that the 'Guttering' only goes two thirds up the box, reckon the staff have a miniature basketball court up there in that top third

Still a lovely use of the new-stuff (well not so new) It's going to be an interesting watch over the next couple of years. I still wouldn't mind if they took-off, give me something new to play with in my retirement

Last edited:
•••
Forget about the average joe?

Hmm, what happens after the investors want a return on their money?

Have you run any successful businesses without the average joe as a customer?
You are right. We need average Joe and every one else. Once owner gets big investment imo he can attract people and promote brand through ads and other social media channels.

•••
1. I hope they don't ever build something like that where it snows.
2. The white "Fragile" stickers have to go, as they look cheap, are too eye-catching, and give off the wrong vibe.

Last edited:
•••
Back