Dynadot

Integrating DAN with Google Analytics using new Measurement ID

NameSilo
Watch
In case you don't know Google is going to retire current Universal Analytics properties next year and they are asking everyone to integrate using Google Analytics 4. Now if you see DAN integration page below, you can enter two IDs.

1656252859726.png

The first is Tracker ID which is basically current Universal Analytics property. This is not related to any particular domain/website (as far as I know) so it is like one ID for all your sites. This is going to retire next year.
Second is Measurement ID which is the new Google Analytics 4 property and it is related to a particular site/domain.

So how can I integrate analytics by using on Measurement ID because this is not for all sites but for each site and you can see DAN only allows you to enter one Measurement ID for all your domains. For the time being I can use Tracker ID but this will retire next year so I was wondering what's the solution?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
we will be waiting for DAN updates on this

•••
•••
The other option we may have is Bodis which does provide some interesting data only if you use the hybrid Dan/Bodis landing page.
My concern is that this hybrid landing page could be confusing to buyers , and would really prefer the original Dan landing page. My only reason to use Bodis with Dan is the visitor data which gives sort of an indication of the performance/potential of a domain in the portfolio. I removed the Bodis landing page to get back the original Dan landing page but lost the visitor data details advantage...
Was thinking of using Google Analytics for that objective, but based on the above discussions might have second thoughts ...
Any other options ??

Last edited:
•••
When I check GA I am able to filter by average time on page and I see only one or two entries for any time longer than say 10 seconds...everything else is usually 2 seconds or less which indicates that the majority of the 4-5k visits I get every month are from robots/bots so this in no way can indicate that my domain names are getting proper eyes on and can be very misleading.

Rgrds,

Reddstagg

•••
it is a shame Dan did not make this clearer on the site or answered here. @aliweb were you able to get an answer somewhere else for your question?

•••
•••

Good morning.

I think your original question is irrelevant now in some cases if you are now using the GD cash parking integration at Dan as the impressions/clicks are now recorded at GD/AN and are not being recorded at all on GA.

It is still fairly new so I will keep an eye on progress etc etc.

Rgrds,

Redd

•••

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back