Dan.com

domain Inflatory.com

Dynadot
Status
Not open for further replies.

VadimK

Top Contributor
Impact
I heard the word ''inflationary'', also ''inflate''. ''inflatory'' - never. But I am not a native English speaker, let's check with the one, who is @jhm - what he'll say on this.

What I can tell is that please, do not assume if you see something written in google and not registered as a one word (''wow, I got one word domain, we all know they cost tons, right?''). Wrong. It still has to be more or less recognizable, of a certain use in a certain area (and not the one where 2 out of 1000 people knows what it is).

The way it is - I wouldn't buy it myself. But good luck, obviously!

Chrstn

Established Member
Impact
I heard the word ''inflationary'', also ''inflate''. ''inflatory'' - never. But I am not a native English speaker, let's check with the one, who is @jhm - what he'll say on this.

What I can tell is that please, do not assume if you see something written in google and not registered as a one word (''wow, I got one word domain, we all know they cost tons, right?''). Wrong. It still has to be more or less recognizable, of a certain use in a certain area (and not the one where 2 out of 1000 people knows what it is).

The way it is - I wouldn't buy it myself. But good luck, obviously!
Well thank you for your insight, actually im not assuming to get one word due to massive competition that is why i am asking for others opinion. Plus the old domainers that keeping the premiums for years or a decade, im pretty sure that .00000001% that you will get good one word.

VadimK

Top Contributor
Impact
Well thank you for your insight, actually im not assuming to get one word due to massive competition that is why i am asking for others opinion. Plus the old domainers that keeping the premiums for years or a decade, im pretty sure that .00000001% that you will get good one word.

Exactly. Nowadays chances to get valuable ''classic'' one word in com and find a chest with golden coins from the 7th century in your neighbourhood, are pretty much the same. Better go for clean and meaningful two-words.

jhm

Top Contributor
Impact
People are far more accustomed to using words like inflate, inflation or inflationary (mostly). Your word in this circumstance does exist, and a real word:

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/inflatory

However, just rarely hear people use it. Generally, the above 3. Having a dictionary word doesn't guarantee success. I suggest just taking offers on it, see what bids come your way. IMO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

biix