Dynadot

alert Indian ISPs blocked top registars like Namecheap,Dynadot etc by India court order.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

clickcents

UsedLaptops.com & GraceVideos.comEstablished Member
Impact
All indian ISP like Jio,Airtel,Vodafone,Idea etc blocked the below 5 domain registars by court order dated 10 Feb'23.

Dynadot
Namecheap
Tucows,
Sarek
Gransy

These registars and associates websites hosted by them are not accessible from India through these ISPs from March 11 onwards

You may read the latest post from DNW

https://domainnamewire.com/2023/03/12/indian-isps-block-access-to-major-domain-registrars/

You can read some related info also which published in Nov'22 also

https://torrentfreak.com/registrars...domains-judge-orders-immediate-action-221116/

Hope that the issue will be sorted out at the earliest..

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
"Indian courts and cybersquatting victims are frustrated that registrars are not responding to their take-down notices. Some registrars are seemingly asking that plaintiffs get a U.S. court order rather than one from India."

Should registrars really respond to court orders from every country? Can you imagine the nightmare that would cause. How would they determine if the order is authentic, wasn't the result of bribery, etc.? Imagine what would come out of the Russian courts on Putin's orders alone..

(Little bit of a sore subject with me. I had a domain locked for 6 months because someone sent a forged police order claiming a domain was stolen. It was from another country. It took my registrar 6 months to finally release the domain.)

Last edited:
•••
I was not able to access them yesterday, changed dns to Google dns server and now they are accessible

•••
my domains was in dynadot..

•••
Same here, I am from Indonesia and my provider blocks access to Dynadot. I have to use VPN to access my domain in Dynadot

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back