IT.COM

question .INCs

NameSilo
Watch

dAvo

Brand Strategy | E-commerce | Marketer | AussieEstablished Member
Impact
So with GoDaddy trying to push the new .INCs - i'm curious as to know what you guys actually think about this new (ridiculously priced) extension....

I'm sure there's not more than 5-10k names purchased yet.
But is there anyway to see if a .inc has been resold yet?

Thanks guys

ps. New here - so forgive the "newbieness"

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I personally think the .inc extension and business plan is extremely smart .. for the registry.

Unfortunately their business plan is in conflict with anything that would make the TLD domainer friendly in any way. But that's actually their point .. it's their choice .. and that's fine .. just don't invest in their domains as a domainer.

If I had to invest directly in a ngTLD, it would very likely be .inc

If I had to invest in ngTLD domains, they would very likely NOT be .inc

•••
Thanks heaps for your reply.

What do you mean....

If I had to invest directly in a ngTLD, it would very likely be .inc

If I had to invest in ngTLD domains, they would very likely NOTbe .inc

•••
He is saying the .INC registry is in effect a cloaked domain investor, selling prime digital property for a big markup, straight from the source. That equals potential profits and may create a viable registry worthy of investing in.

But the domains themselves will never, ever be a viable investment for the end user.

Last edited:
•••
But is there anyway to see if a .inc has been resold yet?
Certain sales venues report to NameBio.com, and no .inc domain sales are in the database that contains 1.7 million domain sales.

Welcome to NPs!

Bob

•••
I just received the latest update on .INC aftermarket sales and here it is:

•••
It's more like they want to eat their cake and still have it.

•••
The only name I want is acme since I am road runner fan. 2.9k a year and godaddy might push new sales but can you list it on their aftermarket? Love godaddy but they need to allow more extensions if they are going to sell them. I have noticed some new gtlds being allowed recently in godaddy aftermarket not sure if this includes inc extension.

Last edited:
•••
Anyone yet picked up a top .inc?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back