Dynadot

Incredibly irresponsible posts by CEO/Salesman

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
NamePros should really consider adding an "ADVERTISEMENT" disclaimer to posts by shameless salespeople! (IF this sort of content must really be allowed at all)

A certain CEO/Salesman is going around shamelessly pumping his extension, while making false claims like this to newbies who are willing to listen / enrich him:

Let me give you few ideas of what I would register (if I was on the domainer side) before the others :

Get the list of all 300 US big cities : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_cities_by_population
+ top 100 world big cities in population (London, Paris, Barcelona, Madrid, Dublin, Berlin, Mexico, Rio, ...)

And then, I would register :

1. cities+hotel.best (ex : vegashotel.best, miamihotel.best, nychotel.best, ...)
2. cities+restaurant.best
3. cities+realestate.best
4. cities+lawyer.best

Each single .Best domain should have a minimum value of $500 on the aftermarket for an investment of $1.99 at dynadot actually : https://www.dynadot.com/domain/best.html

"Each single .Best domain should have a minimum value of $500 on the aftermarket for an investment of $1.99"

C'mon... really???

And this is just ONE example. This guy is also claiming (without proof so far as I'm aware) that he's sold a pair of .BEST domains for 1 MILLION dollars.

Please tell me NamePros is better than allowing this junk!

We can see that many newbies are falling for it.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Ok so take an example from the list.

So you claim that the value of : nychotel.best for instance cannot be of $500 right ?

I don't think it is worth that. I would not buy it.

Still, there is a big difference between "cannot be" and "should have".

Each single .Best domain should have a minimum value of $500 on the aftermarket for an investment of $1.99 at dynadot actually : https://www.dynadot.com/domain/best.html

That is clearly hyperbole backed by an opinion, not objective data.
It is a sales pitch. Those type of posts do not belong in discussion threads.

Brad

•••
Let me give you few ideas of what I would register (if I was on the domainer side) before the others :

Get the list of all 300 US big cities : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_cities_by_population
+ top 100 world big cities in population (London, Paris, Barcelona, Madrid, Dublin, Berlin, Mexico, Rio, ...)

And then, I would register :

1. cities+hotel.best (ex : vegashotel.best, miamihotel.best, nychotel.best, ...)
2. cities+restaurant.best
3. cities+realestate.best
4. cities+lawyer.best

Plus, this is exactly what we are doing right now.

The difference is that we are selling our .Best inventory directly to big Corp and in package between 3k to 10K domains but this is exactly what we are doing in terms of sales strategy.

What you said in the above QUOTE is that each of these "should have a minimum value of $500 on the aftermarket":

coloradospringsrealestate.best
miamigardensrestaurant.best
murfreesborohotel.best

Do you stand by this claim? And what is your reasoning? What evidence do you have that your statement is correct?

Because in the Real World, your claim is ABSURD, and those that follow your advice would almost certainly be throwing their money away (TO YOU, coincidentally).

Each of these JUNK domains is AVAILABLE TO REGISTER for $1.99.

•••
Ok so take an example from the list.

So you claim that the value of : nychotel.best for instance cannot be of $500 right ?

Probably not. Don't remember this extension but it looks like you came out in 2014
General Availability - 21st May, 2014 - https://namestat.org/best

So 5 years. Only a little over 10,000 regs. Those aren't good numbers.

Reported Sales:
Namebio - 0
DNPrices - 2
dishwasher.best - $149.60
domain.best - $177.00

Those are 1 word .best, not selling for much. So 2 word .best not looking good. Plus, it doesn't flow. Best usually comes up front/first. Best dishwasher, Best domains, so the order is wrong.

•••
I will help you coz it seems that you have difficulties now :

On SEDO, you will find this :

nycinns.com 4,888 USD
nyresort.com 2,000 USD
bronxinn.com 2,750 USD
nychostel.com 5,000 USD
brooklynlodging.com 2,488 USD

But this will be too easy for me as even divide by ten I am still true.

So now I will explain what will happen : With our THE.Best social network we will decentralized the social media user account on .Best websites. It means 1 user = 1 .Best

And guess what, our users are rewarded to make reviews on anything (hotels, restaurants, ...) and in all cities (nyc, london, paris, ...) so trust me like on Instagram,, facebook and other social media accounts, the value of the .Best names will go up on the aftermarket and quickly coz using an EMD to make some reviews on hotels in nyc for instance will help people get more traffic and make more money.

Coz this is the punchline, our social network rewards the users (we share 50% of our advertising revenues with our users)

Without counting the pros B2B business model where businesses will pay to have their .best websites also to monitor and sponsor their Best Reviews.

And our target is of 1M users FY2020, and 100M users FY2023. Means 100M .best domains FY2023 !

Yep you read it clear : 100M users = domains FY2023.

That is the biggest revolution in the domain name industry since 2012 !

And you know what is funny is that 100M users is nothing in the social media industry.

•••
I will help you coz it seems that you have difficulties now :

On SEDO, you will find this :

nycinns.com 4,888 USD
nyresort.com 2,000 USD
bronxinn.com 2,750 USD
nychostel.com 5,000 USD
brooklynlodging.com 2,488 USD

But this will be too easy for me as even divide by ten I am still true.

So now I will explain what will happen : With our THE.Best social network we will decentralized the social media user account on .Best websites. It means 1 user = 1 .Best

And guess what, our users are rewarded to make reviews on anything (hotels, restaurants, ...) and in all cities (nyc, london, paris, ...) so trust me like on Instagram,, facebook and other social media accounts, the value of the .Best names will go up on the aftermarket and quickly coz using an EMD to make some reviews on hotels in nyc for instance will help people get more traffic and make more money.

Coz this is the punchline, our social network rewards the users (we share 50% of our advertising revenues with our users)

Without counting the pros B2B business model where businesses will pay to have their .best websites also to monitor and sponsor their Best Reviews.

And our target is of 1M users FY2020, and 100M users FY2023. Means 100M .best domains FY2023 !

Yep you read it clear : 100M users = domains FY2023.

That is the biggest revolution in the domain name industry since 2012 !

And you know what is funny is that 100M users is nothing in the social media industry.

I project my company will have 40 zillion dollars in sales by 2023. Baseless projections are meaningless. You are a little late to the party with these. In the early days of new GTLDs we saw countless unrealistic projections that never came true.

This is just more sales pitch. If you keep making bullshit claims you are going to keep getting push back.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
•••
Probably not. Don't remember this extension but it looks like you came out in 2014
General Availability - 21st May, 2014 - https://namestat.org/best

So 5 years. Only a little over 10,000 regs. Those aren't good numbers.

Reported Sales:
Namebio - 0
DNPrices - 2
dishwasher.best - $149.60
domain.best - $177.00

Those are 1 word .best, not selling for much. So 2 word .best not looking good. Plus, it doesn't flow. Best usually comes up front/first. Best dishwasher, Best domains, so the order is wrong.

FYI, In 2014 it was not us : we just bought the .Best recently (in July 2018) primary to launch our social network and here is what we did in 6 months (on the registry side only) :

D1MqTzrWoAAfaHH.jpg:large

Plus you can daily retrieve majority of our premium sales on our social media account (twitter, linkedin, ...)

•••
Sounds like the previous owner of .best is the real winner here. Sorry to hear you got suckered into buying a failing business.

These plans of yours will never become reality. Would be BEST to stop now and focus your efforts on something with potential. Any potential.

•••
It would be BEST to stop the BEST B.S. here so we don't waste people BEST time.

BEST wishes for your BEST names and BEST B.S.

•••
I project my company will have 40 zillion dollars in sales by 2023. Baseless projections are meaningless. You are a little late to the party with these. In the early days of new GTLDs we saw countless unrealistic projections that never came true.

This is just more sales pitch. If you keep making bullsh*t claims you are going to keep getting push back.

Brad

Brad, I love you but you don't know anything about this project, our projections, business plan,acquisition/retention strategy.

THE.Best social network was selected as one the most potential startup in Nov 2018 by the WEB SUMMMIT.

It was officially presented on stage at the last NAMESCON Las Vegas on Jan 29.

THE.best will be officially launched centr stage at the WEB SUMMIT in november 2019 in front of 20K attendees at the altice arena of Lisbon.

We are now on a TV road show.

Nothing against you but trust me, on that specific part of our business none of you can even imagine what it is.

It's 2 years dedicated work with a team of 11 people we get the support of the french national bank on this and Trust me 100M is even our conservative hypothesis coz we will be also accredited in China.

THE.Best will be first social network to be : decentralized, rewarded, responsible and global.

Quora is 300M. Twitter is 800M, Instagram is +1B and FB is +2.5B without China.

•••
Brad, I love you but you don't know anything about this project, our projections, business plan,acquisition/retention strategy.

THE.Best social network was selected as one the most potential startup in Nov 2018 by the WEB SUMMMIT.

It was officially presented on stage at the last NAMESCON Las Vegas on Jan 29.

THE.best will be officially launched centr stage at the WEB SUMMIT in november 2019 in front of 20K attendees at the altice arena of Lisbon.

We are now on a TV road show.

Nothing against you but trust me, on that specific part of our business none of you can even imagine what it is.

It's 2 years dedicated work with a team of 11 people we get the support of the french national bank on this and Trust me 100M is even our conservative hypothesis coz we will be also accredited in China.

THE.Best will be first social network to be : decentralized, rewarded, responsible and global.

Quora is 300M. Twitter is 800M, Instagram is +1B and FB is +2.5B without China.

You have provided me no basis to "trust you".

I really couldn't care less either about your plans. There are plenty of bad ideas based on faulty projections and market demand.

People are complaining about you essentially spamming sales pitches, and your response is to spam more sales pitches.

You can take your posts to the appropriate forum, which is not general discussions.
These posts belong in a promotional or advertising forum.

Brad

•••
I think your marketing is too heavy. I don't know why you are spending so much energy trying to convince domainers, instead you should be focusing on developers, real end users.
It's good to have registry representatives visiting us from time to time, but domainers are not supposed to be the target market (or this is a bad sign).
And indeed the market has spoken. Your TLD is nothing special, there are hundreds of others that nobody wants. .best could easily be interchanged with .top or .vip or .whatever.

It's not like members are picking up on you for some unfair reason. Any newbie making similar claims can expect ridicule.
You should know better as a registry operator. But your targets are downright delusional. You're out of touch with the reality of the market. And you are not alone. Many registry operators seem to have no domain experience and no clue about consumer expectations.
We have seen it before. Many times. A long time ago (as early as 2001).

The nTLD program was built on wishful thinking. This is sad because after 5 years people have not learned anything.

Many TLDs are already in trouble and performing badly. I am expecting to see a number of TLDs disappear in the coming years, I wouldn't be surprised if yours is one of them but good luck anyway.

•••
It would be BEST to stop the BEST B.S. here so we don't waste people BEST time.

BEST wishes for your BEST names and BEST B.S.

I wish you the best :xf.grin:

•••
•••
What you said in the above QUOTE is that each of these "should have a minimum value of $500 on the aftermarket":

coloradospringsrealestate.best
miamigardensrestaurant.best
murfreesborohotel.best

Do you stand by this claim? And what is your reasoning? What evidence do you have that your statement is correct?

Because in the Real World, your claim is ABSURD, and those that follow your advice would almost certainly be throwing their money away (TO YOU, coincidentally).

Each of these JUNK domains is AVAILABLE TO REGISTER for $1.99.

miamirestaurant.net : 27,300 USD on sedo - It's just 54x $500 for just 1 domain !
pasadenaestate.com : 2,595 USD on sedo (pasadena is ranked #168 in the us cities list)

Go to rest my friend, you will need to recover for the next days.

•••
miamirestaurant.net : 27,300 USD on sedo - It's just 54x $500 for just 1 domain !
pasadenaestate.com : 2,595 USD on sedo (pasadena is ranked #168 in the us cities list)

Asking prices do not equate actual value. As you (should) know, anybody can ask any amount for any domain.

Again, you have absolutely nothing to back up your bizarre claims.

Go to rest my friend, you will need to recover for the next days.

Oh? Still waiting to hear back from your lawyers?

•••
•••
Actually, I just see he did already.

http://www.circleid.com/posts/20180719_french_acquire_dot_best_new_gtld_interview_with_new_owner/

“Cyril Fremont: Premlead is the major shareholder and is helped by a team of investors that supported not only this first acquisition but also the next. Moreover, Premlead was already an active buyer of domain names including .Best premium names such as hotels.best, restaurants.best, ...”

Your BEST investor is on premlead dot com. Why didn’t and aren’t they rebranding to Premium.best?

Last edited:
•••
Asking prices do not equate actual value. As you (should) know, anybody can ask any amount for any domain.

Again, you have absolutely nothing to back up your bizarre claims.

Oh? Still waiting to hear back from your lawyers?

Thomas, my friend - you know what - you and I are going to be the Best Friend ever. :xf.smile:

•••
Good luck!

Your threats are no good here.

Last edited:
•••
Thomas, luck has nothing to do with this business.

Wish you the very .Best

•••
Good luck!

Your threats are no good here.

There is no threat from my part Thomas, I am sorry for you but it's just Business.

You are a big boy now - You want/like to play - ok - why not - but be respectfull.

Wish you the very .Best,

•••
This year some of my .BEST domains get tens of visits monthly and with clicks...
At ParkingCrew (where botfiltering is very strong)...

•••
This year some of my .BEST domains get tens of visits monthly and with clicks...
At ParkingCrew (where botfiltering is very strong)...

how many do you own around?
did you reg them for backlinks or something? or they just by chance and randomly get visits and clicks?

I'm curious how you yourslef explain this phenomenon?

•••
I'm with .BEST almost since the beginning... when it was opened...
Overall, during these years I regged ~20 domains...
As of today I have ~10 domains.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back