Dynadot

Increase Parking Revenue

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
What are some of the things you are currently doing to increase your parking revenue? I’m doing the following.

1. Adding high paying keywords
2. Knowing what my customers are looking for and adding those keywords.
3. Researching domains before buying them and making sure they are not banned/fail listed.
4. Setting criteria’s and sticking to that recipe once you find one.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
5. Don't get over-excited just bc of one $10 click :)

On a more serious note,

I agree with all except (4).
You should *always* avoid sticking to one recipe. If that recipe fails you'll be left with nothing to do while the expenses are running. In that kind of a position, you will end up panicking trying to find new ways to earn money.

Imo, one should always have mutliple ways of finding profitable domains no matter if one is successful in a certain way or not.

•••
@Hypersot I get clicks like that each month. Just trying to inspire and show others that it is still possible. The thing about a recipe is there are many ingredients that usually make something and they are always tweakable. I’m constantly tweaking but I stick to the things that are consistent and working. I’m interested in what others are doing without causing extra competition for themselves.

•••
Thanks for the ideas.

Currently, I've been exploring the possibility of using Yahoo feeds for my one and only Faillisted domain. Challenging the Faillisted status, I understand, would be more difficult, but I would like to also understand from Google when that happened. Preventing it from happening to other domains is important.

Also, I do understand that Google has been more cooperative in removing the "adult" categorization in some instances. So I would like to at least explore that possibility with two other domains. Not that those are major ones in my portfolio, but there is no reason that a domain with "doctor" or "nurse" named Debby should have started receiving sex-related ads in the first place.:oops:, Apparently that was something that happened while they were parked at GD with the "courtesy domain parking." Now that I've started the ad-parking this year for revenue, I'd like to fix this issue lingering from the past.

Last edited:
•••
Currently, I've been exploring the possibility of using Yahoo feeds for my one and only faillisted domain.
Can you explain a bit more what your are trying to do?

Regarding the FL domains,
contrary to what I hear (ie. that FL domains do not lose their status) I've seen them getting cleared out of the blue. Absolutely no idea why but they do.

Bodis show a description next to the status of a blocked/FL domain. Maybe that can give you some idea as to why a domain has that status? I'm referring to their tool here:
https://www.bodis.com/tools/domain-status

•••
Can you explain a bit more what your are trying to do?

Regarding the FL domains,
contrary to what I hear (ie. that FL domains do not lose their status) I've seen them getting cleared out of the blue. Absolutely no idea why but they do.

Bodis show a description next to the status of a blocked/FL domain. Maybe that can give you some idea as to why a domain has that status? I'm referring to their tool here:
https://www.bodis.com/tools/domain-status
First, Yahoo feeds is something I'm unfamiliar with as well. That's something that I'm looking into with an ad-provider. Hopefully, they can explain it better. If it increases parking revenue, that's a good start.

As to FL domains, I'm delighted to hear that you've seen them "cleared out of the blue." I was told that the one in question still does get quite a bit of traffic. So, perhaps I need to investigate a bit more before trying to request the change from Google. At least a check of Ahrefs.com indicated no backlinks. Having the status changed might ultimately help increase parking revenue as well.

•••
@LoveCatchyDomains ,
ah, so you meant that you plan to set the domain on a parking service that uses mainly yahoo ads.

Honestly -at least afaik- all the known parking services include yahoo feeds in their optimisation (as long as Tier2 is active I believe). I'm not sure if you will benefit much restricting yourself to just one feed.

Regarding the domain you mentioned,
I could have a look at what's going on with it if it's ok with you. I might spot something that slipped your attention.

•••
@LoveCatchyDomains ,
ah, so you meant that you plan to set the domain on a parking service that uses mainly yahoo ads.

Honestly -at least afaik- all the known parking services include yahoo feeds in their optimisation (as long as Tier2 is active I believe). I'm not sure if you will benefit much restricting yourself to just one feed.

Regarding the domain you mentioned,
I could have a look at what's going on with it if it's ok with you. I might spot something that slipped your attention.
Thanks for the insights. I'd be delighted to have your input on that name. Could I do it by PM?

•••
@LoveCatchyDomains ,
sure. Just dm me the name. There is a chance I can spot what got it blocked.

•••
get 10usd clicks 10 times ...every day.. then u have a point. now u have nothing.

•••
My strategy to increase parking revenue is only one: search for good domains and let expire the bad ones.

Switching between platforms or using Above/Parklogic is an optimization but cannot change too much the result.
I have domains, especially related to asian region, that receive a lot of traffic but they are not able to reach 10$/year.
Other domains can earn $1 or $2 per click so it's easier to cover the investment and renewal fee.

•••
Switching between platforms or using Above/Parklogic is an optimization but cannot change too much the result.
In terms of choosing companies for optimization, one aspect that might be helpful for traffic is whether the ad-lander is secure. I've noticed that on the Bodis lander, "not secure" keeps popping up. Do Above, Parklogic, or Parking Crew even have the same issue?
For optimization purposes, this may be useful to at least not discourage traffic.

•••
And for great news in terms of increasing parking revenue:
My two adult-listed domains did finally get changed back to "normal." This is extremely gratifying. The issue wasn't simply monetization potential.
Imagine how you would feel, buying a domain name, inspired by an excellent colleague, who was a the former state trooper turned nurse. She died at a young age at work, and I thought that the 'nursename.com' would be nice.,Unfortunately, so did the ad-companies for sex-related content. To see that that domain had turned into use for sexual content was not great. Now, thank heavens, the adult-status has been removed.
So, now onto figuring out how to deal with that one pesky faillisted domain. Developing it, or selling it to someone who can make a great website for it, may be the only solution to trying to solve that issue.

•••
@LoveCatchyDomains ,
regarding the adult domains turned 'normal',

If you plan to park them, you should be aware that the adult feeds that are related to the names might show up again and return the domains to their former status.

That might happen both due to the keyword term you mentioned but also because of the potential visitors that really look for that term and when land on the page will click on the unwanted ads.

•••
@LoveCatchyDomains ,
regarding the adult domains turned 'normal',

If you plan to park them, you should be aware that the adult feeds that are related to the names might show up again and return the domains to their former status.

That might happen both due to the keyword term you mentioned but also because of the potential visitors that really look for that term and when land on the page will click on the unwanted ads.
Thank you for mentioning this. I will contact Bodis immediately about manual custom feeds, to try to prevent this from happening again.
And thank you for all your kind extra assistance. You are a great domainer, and a wonderful asset to Namepros, IMHO.

•••
Before I purchase a domain for parking, I always check to see if it’s fail listed. I utilize the domain status under the tools section in bodis.

Attachments

• D9A28564-2FA6-4313-B80E-723E283ACEE8.jpeg
    D9A28564-2FA6-4313-B80E-723E283ACEE8.jpeg
    197.7 KB · Views: 218
•••
Before I purchase a domain for parking, I always check to see if it’s fail listed. I utilize the domain status under the tools section in bodis.
Wise move. These domains I've had for about two decades. It's unclear still when the faillisted status showed up, and probably having the site developed will end up being the best way to remove that status.

•••
The month of December was the highest revenue month I’ve had. Please let me know if you are experiencing the same. I’ve been using above with bodis and pc. I am still in growth mode so this could be contributing as well.

•••
My Jan/Feb fell off a little from Dec. March is looking like a record breaking month as for revenue generated. In the beginning it will look like peanuts, keep pushing and you will see a nice income each month. In this industry you decide how much income you want to generate.

•••
What are some of the things you are currently doing to increase your parking revenue? I’m doing the following.

3. Researching domains before buying them and making sure they are not banned/fail listed.
please can you suggest tools that can be use to perform these actions: Researching domains before buying them and making sure they are not banned/fail? Regards.

•••
In terms of choosing companies for optimization, one aspect that might be helpful for traffic is whether the ad-lander is secure. I've noticed that on the Bodis lander, "not secure" keeps popping up. Do Above, Parklogic, or Parking Crew even have the same issue?
For optimization purposes, this may be useful to at least not discourage traffic.
If you are still having the 'not secure' issue coming up, I found that trying a couple of different things fixed it on a couple of different domains.
One was just by using the bodis NS (which I wasnt before). For others, I used a url redirect, directing the root to the www. Then used the CNAME record for Bodis.

I dont know why either of these things fixed it (as it was really to do with SSL certificates and how my browser was auto directing to the https), but it worked.

•••
please can you suggest tools that can be use to perform these actions: Researching domains before buying them and making sure they are not banned/fail? Regards.
You can use bodis tools to check whether or not a domain has been banned/fail listed. To locate my higher paying keywords, I'm using google adwords and bing keyword tools. Do your due diligence before purchasing. Check to see if it has been parked in the past. People don't usually let profitable domains expire. Different tools you can use for research are wayback archive, majestic, and ahrefs to name a few.

Attachments

• bodis tools.PNG
    bodis tools.PNG
    135.9 KB · Views: 71
•••
You can use bodis tools to check whether or not a domain has been banned/fail listed. To locate my higher paying keywords, I'm using google adwords and bing keyword tools. Do your due diligence before purchasing. Check to see if it has been parked in the past. People don't usually let profitable domains expire. Different tools you can use for research are wayback archive, majestic, and ahrefs to name a few.
Please I will like to know.

If the name has been parked before is that a good thing or a minus?

Thanks.

•••
Well people don’t usually let domains that are profitable expire. There are rare occasions where you will see domains that have been parked be profitable.

•••

Hello what tool do you use to check if domain is banned/failed? Thanks for sharing.

•••
Back