IT.COM

discuss Increase In New Domain Investors... Good or Bad?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Are More Domain Investors Good or Bad for the Industry?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Good

votes
    70.8%
  • Bad

votes
    29.2%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Silentptnr

Domains88.comTop Member
Impact
I feel like over the past few years there has been a dramatic increase in the number of domain name investors. Not sure if it is good or bad for the market.

Maybe the increase has hurt retail prices? Let's hear your opinion whether you are a new Investors or even investing for a while.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Whats my conclusion from this thread? Many domainers are - 1) Unprepared 2) Not flexible(surely gonna keep you in the red man) 3) Dont know when to buy and when to sell 4) Blaming others(new domainers) for their lack of good strategy 5) unrealistic 6) slightly paranoid.

I've spoken my mind fully and am now done with this thread.

•••
Whats my conclusion from this thread? Many domainers are - 1) Unprepared 2) Not flexible(surely gonna keep you in the red man) 3) Dont know when to buy and when to sell 4) Blaming others(new domainers) for their lack of good strategy 5) unrealistic 6) slightly paranoid.

I've spoken my mind fully and am now done with this thread.
Thanks for that. Your contributions to the thread are appreciated. I look forward to more. :)

•••
•••
Thanks for that. Your contributions to the thread are appreciated. I look forward to more. :)
If you really want more, then scream it out louder(just joking, am referencing that Usher song "more".)
More new domainers IMO is good because it makes our industry bigger( in activity and market size). There's a main lesson i learn recently in domaining- be flexible with how you make your money. We all know all good names wont have end users right?So how do we get rid of them without taking a loss? i'll let people figure that out. I've learned to stay flexible, understand that profit is profit. A small profit is not a crime, but no profit and being deep in red is. If you dont want to not have "names to buy at good prices" then you should have been stocking up earlier. Am not taking excuses from domainers, sorry. Do what you have to do to make your profit.No, domaining isnt just selling, its also actively buying, at the right price, and at the right time. If your profit is small, then use volume to make up for it. This biz, like other businesses, is about good decisions, so if prices drop, buy more, or wait longer. We all know domaining is a hard biz and most people are in the red,so the main goal is to not lose money first and foremost. You will always get into problems when you dont invest on fundamentals and instead act on current "market hype" . I myself have made money for myself and others by getting new people invested in domain names, so i cant agree its a bad thing. If there's more money in our industry, there's more money to be made, and just because you cant make it isnt anybody's fault. Goodluck, lets work.

•••
In the long run - Bad.
Too many people are jumping in this, thinking this sounds like easy money and they're gonna get rich too. They then reg crappy names, over price them, and then spam endusers to death with their over priced junk, ....

And then they drop the names, in the meanwhile you sold your quality name because it was properly priced.
A huge amount of junk lets my names stand out better.

•••
No smoke without some fire.

Let me put it another way -- if nobody ever joined the business again ever -- how would that be good for the business?

The inevitable, inexorable rise of the New Economy continues, and that means more investment in domains.

"Logical", as Spock would say. If Spock was real, he'd be buying dot-com domains.

•••
100 domainers (including me) and 5,000,000,000 end-users is an unrealistic but IDEAL utopia! :cat::wacky::ROFL:

Last edited:
•••
We talking new pigeons/mullets/cherrys or new sharks?

The first 3 are easy grub, the last one is hard work and bites back hard.

I would have guessed that most of the easy money chasers are playing on the cryptocurrency tracks now and some are losing legs. :xf.cool: (and some are $coring)

Last edited:
•••
Every day more domain investors are born...the question is can those of us already in the deep end be able to tread water until they come knocking on our collective doors.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back