IT.COM

Increase domain price from $9 to $600 in 1 minute

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Saka77

Restricted (66% DM)
Impact
Hello my friends .

I was trying to register a new domains a few minutes ago on GoDaddy and NameCheap .

For Me. The horrible thing is when i choosed the domains at nearly $9 each and already added it in the cart, i found Godaddy and NameCheap changed the price for "each domain" from $9 to over $600 and more .
WHY ??

Can any one please help me ??

Have a nice day

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello my friends .

I was trying to register a new domains a few minutes ago on GoDaddy and NameCheap .

For Me. The horrible thing is when i choosed the domains at nearly $9 each and already added it in the cart, i found Godaddy and NameCheap changed the price for "each domain" from $9 to over $600 and more .
WHY ??

Can any one please help me ??

Have a nice day

which extension?

•••
Last edited:
•••

Registries can charge premium renewals now.

Commonplace for .co and .tv now to have increased reg/renewal costs on some names.

As far as Godaddy showing different prices after, rather than before you found it? That is a question worth investigating!

Last edited:
•••
Registries can charge premium renewals now.

Commonplace for .co and .tv now to have increased reg/renewal costs on some names.
Do you know any good registrar that does not make a premium renewal ??

•••
•••
•••
Some registrars check the premium (registry price) at the cart step, pre-cart while others do it directly.
I think that's what happened with your .co names.
For the others, if they were dropping today, they might have been registered before you reached checkout and the listings you saw were old MLS/Market listings.
Not checking MLS pricing directly should be rare, opposed to registry premiums checks which should be more in use

•••
Really Thank you dear for you interest
Some registrars check the premium (registry price) at the cart step, pre-cart while others do it directly.
I think that's what happened with your .co names.
For the others, if they were dropping today, they might have been registered before you reached checkout and the listings you saw were old MLS/Market listings.
Not checking MLS pricing directly should be rare, opposed to registry premiums checks which should be more in use
Thank you sir for your reply .
But Do you know any good registrar that does not make a premium renewal ??

•••
Do you know any good registrar that does not make a premium renewal ??
This depends on the registry.
For .com, .net, there are none premium renewals.
For NTLDs and CCTLDs, like .co, it depends on the managing registry. Usually for .co for example, the renewals are at the standard pricing (should be about $20-30 at most registrars), you can check with your usual registrar, some even list it directly

For premium pricing at registries, it works with tiers usually, each premium name is in a tier and the pricing depends on that only, premiums can be grandfathered too (What happened with .realty domains after the price increase basically - Existing domains were subject to a much smaller increase compared to the rest of domains)
upload_2020-12-21_20-26-13.png

(Here at dynadot for instance)
(Or epik)
upload_2020-12-21_20-28-22.png

upload_2020-12-21_20-27-56.png

•••
This depends on the registry.
For .com, .net, there are none premium renewals.
For NTLDs and CCTLDs, like .co, it depends on the managing registry. Usually for .co for example, the renewals are at the standard pricing (should be about $20-30 at most registrars), you can check with your usual registrar, some even list it directly

For premium pricing at registries, it works with tiers usually, each premium name is in a tier and the pricing depends on that only, premiums can be grandfathered too (What happened with .realty domains after the price increase basically - Existing domains were subject to a much smaller increase compared to the rest of domains)
Show attachment 176954
(Here at dynadot for instance)
(Or epik)
Show attachment 176957

Show attachment 176956
Huge informations .

I think your words will help me and help more people which will search about this situation .

Best Wishes

•••
  • Or it could be a price that has been registered for several years
    • Some registrars register by default for 3 years, 5 years and so on

•••
  • Or it could be a price that has been registered for several years
    • Some registrars register by default for 3 years, 5 years and so on
May be

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back